Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mars organic compounds 'consistent with life'

UM-Bot

I wonder why we don't try to look for fossil fuels on Mars...or if we have, I didn't hear about it.
That'd be one way to prove life once existed there. Finding coal or oil.
We also have the tech. Look at all the money invested into finding that **** here on earth.

• Like 3

Yes smaller organisms  are found on Mars, that was ever found on Earth  only in a rock found  from Mars .The Earth could have had a seed from Mars

Edited by docyabut2

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

Yes smaller organisms  are found on Mars, that was ever found on Earth  only in a rock found  from Mars .The Earth could have had a seed from Mars

If you are talking about the so called "fossils" in the Alan Hills 84001 meteorite then further studies showed that the structures within the meteorite were almost certainly of geological not biological origin.

No evidence of Martian organisms has yet been found.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Seti42 said:

I wonder why we don't try to look for fossil fuels on Mars...or if we have, I didn't hear about it.

Have you seen the size of the equipment used to search for fossil fuels on Earth? Have you seen the amount of money oil companies spend looking for oil and gas on Earth?

How do you expect to do that on Mars?

How do you expect anyone to risk bankruptcy looking for a fossil fuels when currently we don't know whether life ever existed on Mars.

You are putting the cart before the horse.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

If you are talking about the so called "fossils" in the Alan Hills 84001 meteorite then further studies showed that the structures within the meteorite were almost certainly of geological not biological origin.

No evidence of Martian organisms has yet been found.

http://spider.seds.org/spider/Mars/Marsrock/marsrocks.html

This electron microscope image is a close-up of the center part of photo number S96-12301. While the exact nature of these tube-like structures is not known, one interpretation is that they may be microscopic fossils of primitive, bacteria-like organisms that may have lived on Mars more than 3.6 billion years ago. A two-year investigation by a NASA research team found organic molecules, mineral features characteristic of biological activity and possible microscopic fossils such as these inside of an ancient Martian rock that fell to Earth as a meteorite. The largest possible fossils are less than 1/100th the diameter of a human hair in size while most are ten times smaller.

s96-12299.jpg

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Seti42 said:

Mars probably has various hydrocarbons. They don't need life to form. They probably start exploration for use when the planet is finally settled

• Like 1

Lol, there was life there but not now, we can just ignore the methane, and the disappearing blue atmosphere?

^_^