Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The soul in the subconscious

v03qxz

I have read a lot of books, by a lot of different psychics and mediums, and one thing they often say is your soul (or sometimes they say 'astral body'), is in your subconscious mind. They say the subconscious is the soul's mind.

You dream with your subconscious mind. Things you can't remember consciously can often be remembered in dreams. My doctor told me the subconscious is things deep in your mind, like if you hate peas, but don't consciously realize it. Here is a definition of subconscious.

On another forum, a guy told me that, he's had many psychics tell him you enter a lucid dream after you die. He said you live an eternal dream in contact with all subconscious minds.

What are your opinions on this? Do you agree or disagree with these psychics?

Edited by v03qxz

22 minutes ago, v03qxz said:

you enter a lucid dream after you die

I think this "reality" is the dream and we simply wake up when we die. Mind you, I believe in the soul and that there is an afterlife. Many do not.

But, yeah, reality, the true reality is over there, not here. That is my opinion.

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I think this "reality" is the dream and we simply wake up when we die. Mind you, I believe in the soul and that there is an afterlife. Many do not.

But, yeah, reality, the true reality is over there, not here. That is my opinion.

Welcome to the forum.

This is an eloquent explanation.  It captures the essence of our existence, IMO.  Those who are unable to trust in the idea of an afterlife remind me of a question from the Movie CONTACT.  The main character asks her dad if he believes there is life out there in the stars.  He says "The universe is a pretty big place. If it's just us, seems like an awful waste of space." 

Even as a child, I thought the idea that our life here was all there was, seemed ridiculous.  There is order and purpose even in what seems to be chaos.  We get to understand that when we take our last breaths here.  I always take joy in Steve Jobs last words as he crossed over:  Oh wow.... Oh wow...Oh wow  :tu:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, v03qxz said:

I have read a lot of books, by a lot of different psychics and mediums, and one thing they often say is your soul (or sometimes they say 'astral body'), is in your subconscious mind. They say the subconscious is the soul's mind.

About the soul:

• Like 2

The subconscious is also know as the habit mind. So until consciousness is fully and completely understood, the soul is just an abstract concept for selfdom.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 5:12 PM, v03qxz said:

You dream with your subconscious mind. Things you can't remember consciously can often be remembered in dreams. My doctor told me the subconscious is things deep in your mind, like if you hate peas, but don't consciously realize it. Here is a definition of subconscious.

On another forum, a guy told me that, he's had many psychics tell him you enter a lucid dream after you die. He said you live an eternal dream in contact with all subconscious minds.

The subconscious is simply a part of the mind. You canlearn to access it, understand it, control it, and use it, just as you can learn to do these thing with your conscious mind Ie you can create dreams you want and shape, control, manipulate everything in a dream. 

You don't have to be sleeping, or dreaming, or dead, to access other conscious minds either in the past or the present 

In my experience every conscious mind is connected to the cosmic/universal consciousness, which records and stores them in a form of virtual reality 

Once you  "hook into" or connect with,   the cosmic consciousness its like entering an internet  of the mind.

You can communicate with other consciousnesses, and access archived ones from the past.  In my experience, every conscious being  is a part of the universal consciousness, but most of us never have a "breakthrough experience" (sometimes called gnosis or enlightenment)  where we connect to it , become part of it, and learn how to access it and use it.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 1:42 AM, v03qxz said:

I`ve read so much of this topic long time ago, also why some say when they have a NDE`s they see their whole life flashes  before them. they call it Akashic records, subconscious

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_records

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also Déjà vu  is the feeling that one has lived through the present situation before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Déjà_vu

I went through that once like I felt this scene before   :huh: it really a odd feeling

Cayce said because we have a our life reviewed before were born

Edited by docyabut2

On 3/11/2020 at 9:22 PM, Mr Walker said:

The subconscious is simply a part of the mind. You canlearn to access it, understand it, control it, and use it, just as you can learn to do these thing with your conscious mind Ie you can create dreams you want and shape, control, manipulate everything in a dream. 

You don't have to be sleeping, or dreaming, or dead, to access other conscious minds either in the past or the present 

In my experience every conscious mind is connected to the cosmic/universal consciousness, which records and stores them in a form of virtual reality 

Once you  "hook into" or connect with,   the cosmic consciousness its like entering an internet  of the mind.

You can communicate with other consciousnesses, and access archived ones from the past.  In my experience, every conscious being  is a part of the universal consciousness, but most of us never have a "breakthrough experience" (sometimes called gnosis or enlightenment)  where we connect to it , become part of it, and learn how to access it and use it.

The way you describe this topic seems to click with what I am experiencing. I've, somehow or another, was able to slightly alter reality on more then one occasion. I will not go into details becuase I do not expect people to believe me. How does one learn to understand this more? 

11 hours ago, Davulao said:

The way you describe this topic seems to click with what I am experiencing. I've, somehow or another, was able to slightly alter reality on more then one occasion. I will not go into details becuase I do not expect people to believe me. How does one learn to understand this more? 

Its hard for me to explain because i learned it as ayoung child 

Basically several things might help 

If  you  can remember dreams, then learn about dream symbology which helps you   understand the symbolic language of the subconscious.  (luckily there are plenty of sources on this today)

Second leard to use your subconscious, by opening  your mind to instant thoughts rather than linear / logical thinking,as used in the conscious mind.  You can often "know" something immediately using your subconscious but you have to learn how to recognise and capture the knowledge consciously  eg when a person asks you a question blurt out instantly the first thing you think of within a nano second.

This will (in my experience) most often  prove to  be correct, because your subconscious knows and remembers it much faster than your conscious mind.   Another part of this is learning to think in a mind map rather than linearly ie let your mind make its own links from subject to subject rather than force a linear logical progression.

Learn to be aware of the whole  "picture "of random thoughts in your head and how the y are connecting into a bigger picture  (This is also a good technique for remembering dreams from the night before)

Let your mind float quickly and without conscious direction,  until a hook establishes itself for a moment in a dream, and then you can use tha t hook to remember the whole dream eg this morning i remembered being  ina 4 wheel drive ona beach when it went backwards into the water and began floating (with that  memory  hook i was able to reconstruct the whole, long, narrative of a very interesting dream )

Spend time training and disciplining your thoughts so you have control over them and your emotions. (again some good online stuff on this ) 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Its hard for me to explain because i learned it as ayoung child 

Basically several things might help 

If  you  can remember dreams, then learn about dream symbology which helps you   understand the symbolic language of the subconscious.  (luckily there are plenty of sources on this today)

Second leard to use your subconscious, by opening  your mind to instant thoughts rather than linear / logical thinking,as used in the conscious mind.  You can often "know" something immediately using your subconscious but you have to learn how to recognise and capture the knowledge consciously  eg when a person asks you a question blurt out instantly the first thing you think of within a nano second.

This will (in my experience) most often  prove to  be correct, because your subconscious knows and remembers it much faster than your conscious mind.   Another part of this is learning to think in a mind map rather than linearly ie let your mind make its own links from subject to subject rather than force a linear logical progression.

Learn to be aware of the whole  "picture "of random thoughts in your head and how the y are connecting into a bigger picture  (This is also a good technique for remembering dreams from the night before)

Let your mind float quickly and without conscious direction,  until a hook establishes itself for a moment in a dream, and then you can use tha t hook to remember the whole dream eg this morning i remembered being  ina 4 wheel drive ona beach when it went backwards into the water and began floating (with that  memory  hook i was able to reconstruct the whole, long, narrative of a very interesting dream )

Spend time training and disciplining your thoughts so you have control over them and your emotions. (again some good online stuff on this ) 

I will heed your words of wisdom Mr walker. I'm rather disappointed this is never talked about. This damn school system we have! I know how to label the parts of a leaf but learning to mind meld with the universe is not in the schedule. Tell me, what are the benefits that come with living ones life with the subconscious in the drivers seat? Does everybody know about this big voodoo magic?

What gets me, why can`nt we use the subconscious to contact our loves ones gone in our minds?  I had a minister who baptized and married me,  who wrote in a book be contacted a women `s  voice, so how we can we distinguish a voice from our voice in the answering in the  mind ? I don't hear any voice different, but sometimes I hear my name spoke out in a different voice, all the questions I asked ever get a different voice,

https://www.amazon.com/Hi-This-Katy-Wallace-Tooke/dp/0964683504/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1546596048&sr=8-1&keywords=Hi!+Katy...(+Wallace

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 1:18 PM, Davulao said:

I will heed your words of wisdom Mr walker. I'm rather disappointed this is never talked about. This damn school system we have! I know how to label the parts of a leaf but learning to mind meld with the universe is not in the schedule. Tell me, what are the benefits that come with living ones life with the subconscious in the drivers seat? Does everybody know about this big voodoo magic?

lol no magic.  Basic cognitive processing, combined with some psychology It takes many hours and years of learning, practice, trial and error, etc.  to develop the abilty 

Two things.

I think this is a lot easier to learn as a child due to the increased neuroplasticity of a young brain, but also most people are totally unaware it can be done, and so never attempt it 

yes it is known in and psychology and  cognitive science 

You can learn some of it on accredited psychology courses run online 

Benefits? 

for me much faster thought than most people including a faster, more accurate abilty to take in data form the environment (in conferences of 100 or more teachers i was often  one of only two or three people who could read and remember accurately sentences flashed on a projector screen for a fraction of a second ) 

Second an abilty to solve many sorts of problems because your subconscious often knows the answer if you can just tap into it 

Eg suppose you find yourself  lost in the woods and consciously you cant find your way back. Tap into your subconscious which has been observing the environment the whole time and it will tell you the way home.   Also your  subconscious can tell you a lot about another person which it has observed and analysed  while your conscious mind was concentrating on the  formalities of communication

Third an incredible dream life which can be used for entertainment or education/ training. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

What you're talking about--connecting with other consciousness as, including those of our past--was also a theory of Carl Jung. 

He referred to those universal consciousnesses as "the Collective Archetype" or "Universal Archetype."

Though I think he also defined that as universal symbols and myths that everyone and every culture believes in, but just puts their own spin on.

I believe the latter definition exists, but am not sure of us having the ability to hookup with the subconsciouses of others. To me that's like telepathy, which at this point I've never seen or heard of any compelling evidence of. And if it does exist, that ability, what really denigrates its validity in the eyes of many is the fact that the field is inundated with charlatans.

I wouldn't be surprised  Many people have similar experiences, and perceive and describe it in different ways  i was a child. he was a trained psychologist  

When I later studied psychology and human cognition etc.  at uni i realised a lot more of the mechanics of this but i had been working on it and practicing it since i was a  pre schooler  

I have enough personal evidences to know that  a form of telepathy operates and can be used  for practical purposes like locating lost objects.  I also have a lot of unevidenced personal  experiences that it goes much further than just direct  mind to mind contact with people close by. You can connect your consciousness with another from  the past or at the other end of the galaxy as long as you use the connection provided by the cosmic consciousness.

a "real practitioner" would not seek money, reward, or fame, from this  ability,  but just use it to help others.  Of course that's just my opinion.

Another might see it as any service provider, and charge for results.  

• Like 1

Interesting thread and posts, but I have to wonder if when some of you are referring to the subconscious mind, you may not be meaning the supraconscious mind instead especially when dealing with Akashic records and ideas of the soul.

As Xenofish pointed out the subconscious mind is the mind habit and it is the pool from which our thoughts and cravings originally bubble up. For example if you are just going about your day and suddenly start craving and thinking about a certain type of food or dish, it's because your subconscious realized you were hungry and fed you an idea of what to eat. In this manner it is actually pretty much always in control bubbling up ideas and thoughts and the conscious mind is just reacting to and or altering those ideas and thoughts.

I have even seen an article about a study that measured the nerve and muscle response in subjects and found that fractions of a millisecond before their conscious mind became aware of and able to react to a stimuli, the nerves muscles and body were already reacting to the stimuli.

The conscious mind has been likened in some spiritual and philosophical traditions to a monkey riding the back of a tiger; the subconscious mind and pretending it is leading it where it is going. The subconscious mind, being the mind of habit and ingrained patterns, if those patterns are negative, will continue to feed those negative patterns back to the conscious mind in the form of negative cravings, thoughts and plans of actions.

Now the supraconscious mind is a total different animal. In many spiritual traditions there is the first goal of gaining mastery of all of ones parts and pieces, that in a natural state are at war with each other, and then to bring those parts together and have them act in unison towards all actions and goals; like a team of horses or oxen being yoked together and fastened to one wagon. The merging of all those parts; which include the conscious and subconscious mind, gives rise to the supraconscious mind and that mind would be the seat of the soul and the akashic records.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WanderingFool0 said:

I have to wonder if when some of you are referring to the subconscious mind, you may not be meaning the supraconscious mind instead

There's a distinct difference between the subconscious and superconscious mind.

prayer is very much a phenomenon of man’s intercourse with his own subconscious. But there is also a domain of prayer wherein the intellectually alert and spiritually progressing individual attains more or less contact with the superconscious levels of the human mind, the domain of the indwelling divine presence, otherwise referred to as "the kingdom of God within you"

Source

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

There's a distinct difference between the subconscious and superconscious mind.

Source

Yes. The Kingdom of God; The Alchemical Marriage, The Great Work, Obtainment and Refinement of the Philosopher's Stone; The Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel, Enlightenment, and others. ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davulao said:

Is this not just buddhism though?

@Mr Walker @Tuco's Gas

Buddhism is one gateway to this experience/reality, 

but it comes in many forms, from  early  shamanism through christianity, and non religious forms like meditation

It is, in part, the one on one experience of contact with "god" that many express experiencing.

However, imo it is not a god but something much more real, physical, and significant.

However, throughout human history the only way people had to understand and explain this was as a god form 

To a non- modern  human there is really other no explanation for the experience .

Our scientific understanding provides other potential explanations.   

5 hours ago, WanderingFool0 said:

Interesting thread and posts, but I have to wonder if when some of you are referring to the subconscious mind, you may not be meaning the supraconscious mind instead especially when dealing with Akashic records and ideas of the soul.

As Xenofish pointed out the subconscious mind is the mind habit and it is the pool from which our thoughts and cravings originally bubble up. For example if you are just going about your day and suddenly start craving and thinking about a certain type of food or dish, it's because your subconscious realized you were hungry and fed you an idea of what to eat. In this manner it is actually pretty much always in control bubbling up ideas and thoughts and the conscious mind is just reacting to and or altering those ideas and thoughts.

I have even seen an article about a study that measured the nerve and muscle response in subjects and found that fractions of a millisecond before their conscious mind became aware of and able to react to a stimuli, the nerves muscles and body were already reacting to the stimuli.

The conscious mind has been likened in some spiritual and philosophical traditions to a monkey riding the back of a tiger; the subconscious mind and pretending it is leading it where it is going. The subconscious mind, being the mind of habit and ingrained patterns, if those patterns are negative, will continue to feed those negative patterns back to the conscious mind in the form of negative cravings, thoughts and plans of actions.

Now the supraconscious mind is a total different animal. In many spiritual traditions there is the first goal of gaining mastery of all of ones parts and pieces, that in a natural state are at war with each other, and then to bring those parts together and have them act in unison towards all actions and goals; like a team of horses or oxen being yoked together and fastened to one wagon. The merging of all those parts; which include the conscious and subconscious mind, gives rise to the supraconscious mind and that mind would be the seat of the soul and the akashic records.

It is in coming to know/ understand and use the subconscious mind quite consciously, that i came to the super conscious experience  I am not sure if it can be accessed when one can only understand and control your conscious mind.

It is a part of gnosis and also a part of raising your consciousness through the difernt recognised levels. 

Superconsciousness is heightened awareness. It is true wisdom involving intuition before reason and emotions. (1)

Alfred, Lord of Tennyson writes that the superconsciousness is a state where “individuality itself seemed to dissolve and fade away into boundless being,” which was “no nebulous ecstasy, but a state of transcendent wonder, associated with absolute clearness of mind.” (2) In poetry and reality, superconsciousness is the awareness of oneself in perfect love, ineffable joy, and calm, expansive wisdom. (3)

The superconscious mind rests above subconscious and conscious states. Whereas the subconscious induces dreams or sleep, superconsciousness does not involve the relaxation of energy downward in the body and mind. Rather, superconscious awareness uplifts the soul into a supremely peaceful and energetic state. (4) According to professor Jules-Bois, the superconsciousness as the “exact opposite of Freud’s subconscious mind…which makes man really man and not just a super-animal.” (5)

The psychologist F. W. H. Myers describes superconsciousness as “the treasure-house, the region that alone can explain the great, unselfish, heroic deeds of men.” (6) Whereas sense perceptions of the world are temporary and relative in the conscious state, superconscious perceptions of reality are always true. (7) The businessman, for example, may be bound to the circumstances of his job; the yogi, however, is able to rise above the changeable world and live in the state of universal, transcendental consciousness. (4)

https://www.ananda.org/yogapedia/superconsciousness/

Funny thing is; i've never meditated in my life. i reached this connection by the opposite method. ie  training my mind to operate and think in different levels and languages such as symbolic  

However, clearly there are many paths to reach this state  of mind. 

it also  differs from person to person,

Bucke's (The Cosmic Consciousness)  experiences resemble  mine, but  with differences. I share many of Tennyson's experiences but with some differences 

I believe this is all a product/artefact of the living mind, and that it ceases with death, but i am open to being convinced otherwise 

You are correct about the subconscious, but it can be recognised, understood, and controlled; thus eliminating those subconscious cravings, fears, emotional responses etc.,  before they are brought to the conscious minds attention 

Our mind processes billions of bits of data a second.

Learning to see and use just a small fraction  of  that data, before we have to process it consciously, increases many potentials for a human being  

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2020 at 11:43 PM, docyabut2 said:

I`ve read so much of this topic long time ago, also why some say when they have a NDE`s they see their whole life flashes  before them. they call it Akashic records, subconscious

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_records

Edgar Cayce says it in his books...

https://books.google.com/books?id=DuLAcOOSexIC&pg=PA68&source=gbs_toc_r&cad=3#v=onepage&q&f=false

He basically says that the dead are in an eternal dream realm, and when you dream, you connect with all dream minds, both living and dead.

He said conscious mind is the physical body, and subconscious mind is the soul mind.

There are stories throughout history of people seeing ghostly apparitions. I just assume it is a subconscious mind they are seeing.

Edited by v03qxz
  • Like 1