Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Saru

19 years of Unexplained Mysteries

40 posts in this topic

DONTEATUS
On 3/6/2020 at 8:13 AM, Saru said:

It's March again and that can mean only one thing - Unexplained-Mysteries.com is now another year older.

This month we're celebrating 19 years since the site began all the way back in March 2001. UM has been around so long now that some of our younger members hadn't even been born when it was launched.

A big thank you as always to all our members for sticking with us and to our moderators for keeping the forums running smoothly.

Next year will be our 20th anniversary so we'll need to come up with something special for that. :tu:

I`m Back !  LOL . Great News ! Hazzard e-mailed me to re-up ! Let`s Get this Party Started !

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Waspie_Dwarf
9 hours ago, DONTEATUS said:

I`m Back !  LOL . Great News ! Hazzard e-mailed me to re-up ! Let`s Get this Party Started !

Welcome back.

• Like 3

susieice
On 6/9/2020 at 7:39 PM, DONTEATUS said:

Hi D! Good to see you again! Welcome back!

• Like 4

DONTEATUS

Was a Lot going on in my Life Moved to New Mexico !

• Like 3

Hazzard

Wow, 19 years, happy birthday UM :tu:

I had to check and its been 15 years since I joined.. time does indeed fly.

• Like 4

captorofsin

Congratulations! I started reading UM in 2007. I haven't posted since then. Oh wow... 13 years between drinks! Anyway, even though I haven't exactly been an active forum member in that time, I've always been an avid reader. Thank you for all the great work over the years. :tu:

• Like 2

Solipsi Rai

The UM enters it's 2nd decade next year, it's good to be back to a forum that's still online, may the UM be on the internet to the end of time! :tsu:

• Like 3

Sir Smoke aLot

With increased popularity of social networks forums simply vanished, one by one. So many dear ones i watched disappear, mostly because declining but of course there are other factors behind it. Even many of quality job related and specialized forums could not survive the "advances" of social networking. All of that makes this feat even more valuable.

Thank you all for making this place grow and stay great, despite all the obstacles :tu:

• Like 4

Coyote Speaks

Just quietly wanted to say congratulations, and thank you Saru for creating this site.

I know I lurk more than I post, and have from the outset, but this site has been a fascinating and eye-opening place from the beginning for me. This site taught me more about thinking critically than any classroom ever did, and I'm forever grateful for that. 

Even if as a consequence of being a long-time user of it I'm constantly wondering whether or not I'll ever read Draconic Chronicler's book and whether or not my crow is secretly a  black winged hyrax.

• Like 4

Solipsi Rai

I expect the UM to be around 19 or 20 more years from now...the posts here are time capsules taking us back to previous years when people posted what's on their minds then and can be retrieved in the future. What was popular, trendy and cool in 2001 and 2010 is what we're finding out in 2020 and anyone in 2030 and 2040 will read about our year (not a good one). I'll be 59 or 60 years old in 2039 or 2040, then again, message boards and forums are slowly dying out in the age of more visited different social media platforms .  

Coyote Speaks
14 hours ago, Solipsi Rai said:

I expect the UM to be around 19 or 20 more years from now...the posts here are time capsules taking us back to previous years when people posted what's on their minds then and can be retrieved in the future. What was popular, trendy and cool in 2001 and 2010 is what we're finding out in 2020 and anyone in 2030 and 2040 will read about our year (not a good one). I'll be 59 or 60 years old in 2039 or 2040, then again, message boards and forums are slowly dying out in the age of more visited different social media platforms .  

Yet message boards remain one of the best places for people to share more long-form type in depth discussions. 

As often as I do frequent Reddit, it's rare I see write-ups on there that even come close to the depth put into some replies here. 

• Like 1

Abramelin

I like this site a lot. It taught me a lot. And I had lots of fun being here.

And I think this is one of the few sites that has been online for this long.

Congratulations... be it a bit late.

• Like 2

jethrofloyd

Soon it comes a new March, and the jubilee 20th birthday of UM. :tu:

Haj01

Congratulations! 19 years and still counting awesome! I just had the feeling to check this website and it's still up and I still have an account here :D My last post appears to be in 2011. Was reading some of my old posts.. So cringe lol. I was only a child back then however. Wow how my views have changed so much. I was so curious back then and wanted many answers to many questions, most of which have been answered now.

• Like 1

An0n1m0us

I've been using your site since it's inception. 

• Like 2