Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
19_Kilo

What's the real story on Kaczynsky at Harvard

19_Kilo

We had a recent thread here alleging CIA-directed psychological experiments performed on Ted Kaczynsky while he was a teenage undergrad student at Harvard in the 1960s. Yet, the exhaustive and detailed 3 hour Netflix documentary on him mentioned absolutely nothing about this. Why? I was skeptical about the testing to begin with and am now even more confidently the claims were Tin Hat Club woo. What say you?

• Thanks 1

jmccr8

WOO

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

eight bits
1 hour ago, Tuco's Gas said:

I was skeptical about the testing to begin with and am now even more confidently the claims were Tin Hat Club woo. What say you?

Something well-researched:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/impromptu-man/201205/harvards-experiment-the-unabomber-class-62

It did at least happen, it would very strongly seem.

Today, any US institution that gets public funding has an institutional review board with veto power over any research involving interventions on human beings. That was not the case in the early 1960's.

• Thanks 3

third_eye

Joe Rogan did a full update on one of his sessions, with a lot of declassified CIA revelations. 

~

• Like 3

Piney
6 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

I was skeptical about the testing to begin with and am now even more confidently the claims were Tin Hat Club woo. What say you?

The C.I.A. part seems to be. But Paul's link has shown something might of happened. A lot of goofiness went on in Harvard back then. 

5 hours ago, eight bits said:

A lot of people suffered degrading mental and physical abuse. You know all about my mother's Indian hating drunk Halfbreed husband.  What he did to me never really influenced me later. I hate Indians for other reasons. :yes:

This is still no excuse for why he acted or what he believed. 

• Like 3