Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Mysterious black raindrops fall over Japan

Buzz_Light_Year

Coal Particulates. Complements of the Peoples Republic of China.

• Like 4

Eldorado
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Coal Particulates. Complements of the Peoples Republic of China.

Incinerated coronavirus bodies?

UK Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8077787/Disturbing-black-rain-reported-falling-parts-Japan.html

7News Australia: https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/coronavirus-victims-cremated-bodies-blamed-on-ominous-black-rain-falling-in-japan-c-732371

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Buzz_Light_Year

Well that would be a new twist on the Black Plague.

• Like 3

and then
2 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

The pollution, especially the smog there, is truly apocalyptic. Needs to be seen and smelled to appreciate its severity.

Our daughter was adopted from there in 2000.  We had to stay in country 10 days - mostly to spend money.  The cultural sites around Beijing were magnificent, unforgettable, but the air quality in early December was unlike anything I've experienced before or since.  My eyes constantly watered, and I had sinus headaches like I've never known since.  I didn't realize that most people were still using coal-fired heaters/stoves.  There were bicycle coal carriers that transported what looked like oversized Hockey pucks.  They were specially made to fit the most common heating appliances.  I don't want to even think about what summer must be like there.

• Like 3

Hankenhunter

I wonder if they checked for volcanic ash?

freetoroam

Black rain is often regarded to be a sinister omen in Japan, and was spotted following the catastrophic atomic bomb attacks Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Some Japanese social media users shared pictures of the rain, expressing serious concern. One person described it as ‘a little too scary’ while another said it was ‘about as bad an omen as you can get these days’

Yep, but remember there was a nuclear bomb!.

This is not from a nuclear bomb.

Peoples beliefs are confusing sometimes.

Here is a much more plausible explanation.

Although this has not been confirmed as the cause, it has been speculated that a recent fire at a plastics factory in Noda – within the neighbouring prefecture of Chiba – could have led to smoke mixing with the dye, creating the dark colour

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.unilad.co.uk/news/mysterious-black-rain-falls-in-japan-days-after-lightning-storm/amp/

• Thanks 1

Wyld.wulf

Wasn’t that a Michael Douglas movie from the 80s?

• Like 1

Bendy Demon

Hmm..I was gonna suggest it is the Fire Nation approaching in their ships. (Avatar: the Last Air Bender reference..)

• Like 1

AnneWithAnE

Pretty sure this is what happens when there is a lot of ash in the atmostphere. This happened in the middle ages and it turned the sky and grey for a year all over europe blotting out the sun. Its just dirt in the atmosphere.

MissJatti

Not saying it was the engineers, but it was the engineers 

310?cb=20120630195433