Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Twitter reTweet tagged as fake media

Eldorado

"A video created by the White House social media director and retweeted by Donald Trump is the first to be tagged by Twitter as "manipulated media."

"The video shows Democratic candidate Joe Biden appearing to endorse Trump after the end of his sentence was pruned off.

"Twitter came up with the guideline last year ahead of the 2020 election to highlight "video that has been significantly altered or fabricated in a way that intends to mislead people or changes its original meaning."

"The original video showed Biden saying: "Excuse me. We can only re-elect Donald Trump if in fact we get engaged in this circular firing squad here. It's gotta be a positive campaign."

"However, Scavino cut off the end of the video so it just said, "Excuse me. We can only re-elect Donald Trump.""

Full monty at EnGadget: https://www.engadget.com/2020/03/09/twitter-labels-trump-retweet-manipulated-media/?

At the Seattle Times: https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/nation-politics/twitter-flags-video-retweeted-by-trump-as-manipulated-media/

And at the Huff Post: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/twitter-manipulated-media-trump-joe-biden_n_5e65bb0dc5b6670e72fa444d?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hilarious...now that IS the pot calling the kettle black!  :rofl:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

The video shows Democratic candidate Joe Biden appearing to endorse Trump after the end of his sentence was pruned off.

That's fake news in itself. Excuse this away, pro-democrat media:

We can only re-elect @realDonaldTrump.”#KAG2020LandslideVictory

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

That's fake news in itself. Excuse this away, pro-democrat media:

We can only re-elect @realDonaldTrump.”#KAG2020LandslideVictory

Okay!  I'm calling Twitter out!  Show us the 'un edited' version where he says what ya'll say he said!  I think the guy is just terminally confused and Twitter is trying to keep Trump from embarrassing him more than he is already embarrassing himself.

EDIT:   just watched it.  They cut the last part out...big whoop...pot/kettle

Edited by joc
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Biden is so senile it’s terrifying, in and of itself.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yes, quoting myself.  :D

I remember when this happened.   Dean was one of 3 favorites.   I wouldn't say the scream stopped him from winning because he wasn't winning at the time, but it certainly sealed his fate.