Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange 'jellyfish' UFO filmed over Brazil

UM-Bot

I really don’t know what to make of this. It does stick to just hovering there. I wish the individual taking the shot, found a sold base and leaned on it, to keep his phone/camera steady.  Yeah, I know, when it’s the moment, sometimes you don’t have time to think of these things. 

When the video begins, you have the far off view and what looks like to me as a normal object in the sky with a contrail. Something, that wouldn’t have have me seeing something, (too far away to make anything of it) to have questioning it. I wonder how and what the individual saw to make them to want to investigate further with his or her phone/camera? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Jellyfishnado...

I would think too high for anything ornado, but you made my day!!!  :lol:  

• Like 1

The new weather balloon 

12 million people and one video. That says it all.

• Like 1

Looks similar to Project Loon. Not quite the same though.

Project Loon (and other similar projects to bring Wifi to remote areas) do operate in S.America in places like Peru and Brazil. 

Could be a competitors version? 

3 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I wonder [...] what the individual saw to make them to want to investigate further

Umm..... a flying jellyfish maybe?

:whistle:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ExoPaul said:

Looks similar to Project Loon. Not quite the same though.

Project Loon (and other similar projects to bring Wifi to remote areas) do operate in S.America in places like Peru and Brazil. 

Could be a competitors version? 

Or it could be damaged and tattered version of this.

From Project Loon site..

5EFAC14D-213A-42D8-8CCF-D9C564326A59.jpeg

• Like 1

UFO woo-woo-video tutorial lesson 1: if the object dont move, move/shake the cam

Edited by toast
#%@$!!!
  • Haha 1

It's a high altitude weather balloon that doesn't fully inflate at low altitude. This keeps it from bursting, higher up.

• Like 1

Well, it's not a static pic, you can see it changing a little at a time. Theres no way to know scale. Appears not to be too windy.

I'd guess it's a prop rigged up over a regular balloon in order to make a youtube video.

Plus it appears the video was from a hand held phone, or small camera. If it was huge and far off, those probably would fail to zoom on it as well as they do.

Edited by DieChecker

5 hours ago, acute said:

Umm..... a flying jellyfish maybe?

:whistle:

No, at first it was too far away to noticed the difference. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

No, at first it was too far away to noticed the difference. 

I was just trying to be humorous.

(Don't worry. If you ignore me, I go away. :tu:)

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

The contrails are at an improper angle to the alleged craft, and plus, they don't exit from symmetrical locations on the exterior circumference as they would in reality.

You got it all wrong! Those aren't contrails, those are dangling thingies. Get it straight ya wazoo!

16 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

It's a high altitude weather balloon that doesn't fully inflate at low altitude. This keeps it from bursting, higher up.

I want to take this into consideration but can you please provide a link to photo which illustrates your comment?  

Such as this?  Image result for high altitude weather balloon that doesn't fully inflate at low altitudeImage result for high altitude weather balloon that doesn't fully inflate at low altitude

The Project MANHIGH III balloon and gondola, shortly after launch at Holloman AFB, 1151 UTC, 8 October 1958. (Al Fenn/LIFE Magazine)The Project MANHIGH III balloon and gondola, shortly after launch at Holloman AFB, 6:51 a.m., 8 October 1958. (Al Fenn/LIFE Magazine)

Edited by Twas Brillig
  • Thanks 1