Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Gender-neutral passports legal case tossed

104 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Eldorado

"A campaigner has lost a legal challenge against the government over gender-neutral passports.

"Christie Elan-Cane argued a policy preventing someone from obtaining a passport with an unspecified gender was unlawful on human rights grounds.

"But the Court of Appeal ruled the policy did not amount to an unlawful breach of the activist's human rights.

"In a ruling on Tuesday, three senior judges dismissed the appeal, which was contested by the Home Office."

Full story at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51823318

And CNN: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/10/europe/gender-neutral-passport-uk-intl-scli-gbr/index.html

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly
6 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

"A campaigner has lost a legal challenge against the government over gender-neutral passports.

"Christie Elan-Cane argued a policy preventing someone from obtaining a passport with an unspecified gender was unlawful on human rights grounds.

"But the Court of Appeal ruled the policy did not amount to an unlawful breach of the activist's human rights.

"In a ruling on Tuesday, three senior judges dismissed the appeal, which was contested by the Home Office."

Full story at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51823318

And CNN: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/10/europe/gender-neutral-passport-uk-intl-scli-gbr/index.html

They do have a point, i was just looking at their photo and i couldn't tell what it was.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiff
15 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

They do have a point, i was just looking at their photo and i couldn't tell what it was.

After taking a peek at said photo, I'd be inclined to say it was more extra terrestrial than the two choices available.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly
29 minutes ago, Stiff said:

After taking a peek at said photo, I'd be inclined to say it was more extra terrestrial than the two choices available.

Ugly people will just have to accept they're ugly.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
godnodog

This issue is out of control, worst than the Corona virus

  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnotoutthere

Yes, its all getting a bit silly now. Reminds me of the story of The Emperor's New Clothes.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron2017

If he was applying for work in a foreign country and refused to give his birth gender then it could affect his chances of getting the job due to the equal opportunities laws i.e. equal number of men and women.  Imagine how many office jobs I could have got if I lied on my applications and said I was female.  Another complication would be organ donors.  The doctors need to be fully aware what gender a person is as this report says:

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/news/20021106/sex-matters-in-organ-transplants

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A rather obscure Bassoon

You have to draw a line somewhere,this whole gender assignment thing is getting out of hand.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnotoutthere
9 hours ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

You have to draw a line somewhere,this whole gender assignment thing is getting out of hand.

Gender is only one aspect of all this, I believe a lot of this as with climate activism is politically driven.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnotoutthere
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Gender is only one aspect of all this, I believe a lot of this as with climate activism is politically driven.

Whenever you watch any protest on this issue or any other and you see people waving placards around, look closely on those placards for two little words....'socialist worker'     you'll be amazed how often it crops up.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnotoutthere
Posted (edited)

There is no such thing as 'gender neutral' it is an invented term, much like 'islamophobia'. (the twaterati will be gunning for me now)

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Maybe something to do with mother nature?!? The hell if I know anymore. All I see is insanity. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly
Posted (edited)

In the unlikely event i get set to prison i'll be identifying as a woman, not only that i'm a lesbian, my only concern is will i have to shave my beard off. 

Edited by hetrodoxly
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnotoutthere

IMG-20191229-WA0000.thumb.jpg.a2fae1dac5931c662245a1f5a5bdfe05.jpg

Any ideas?.........anybody.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FLOMBIE

Why do you care so much? This really seems to get to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly
1 hour ago, FLOMBIE said:

Why do you care so much? This really seems to get to you. 

They insist we get involved.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FLOMBIE

Who and with what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnotoutthere
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FLOMBIE said:

Why do you care so much? This really seems to get to you. 

Because some of these people would happily see you in court for uttering a simple scientific truth, and people have lost their careers for doing so. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly
2 hours ago, FLOMBIE said:

Who and with what?

Transgender people and the woke kids are in our face not just insisting how we refer to them but how we think (already posted on here) yesterday morning  Lisa Nandy labour party leader candidate was asked on TV if 'Usain Bolt' identified as a women should he be allowed to run in the Woman's race, she refused to give him an answer.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
41 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Trans women are not women and that’s all there is to it.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/03/10/in-defence-of-suzanne-moore/

Gosh, well that was easy. Who needs years of scientific and socialogical research when we have random people on the internet? 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnotoutthere
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Setton said:

Gosh, well that was easy. Who needs years of scientific and socialogical research when we have random people on the internet? 

Well, thats the problem, science is ignored on this subject.

You can graft a pair of antlers onto a horse and call it a deer, but everybody really knows its a horse. Apart from you though it would seem.

This is a great example of where this madness has taken us.

And

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/12/22/transgender-woman-accused-hate-speech-wearing-t-shirt-stating/

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rupert bear

Masculine, feminine, they are genetic facts, chromosome facts. I'll allow for neutral but anything else is mental disorder and why world governments are giving weight to the transgender movement is anyone's guess but it is reckless and stupid. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.