Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reincarnation

docyabut2

1 hour ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

I got one on my belly in the shape of a question (?) mark. Explain that. 

You were The Riddler in a past life.

• Like 4

If reincarnation were true then it pretty much kills the whole Jesus thing. Again if it was true then we should have potential lifetimes of experience and knowledge to draw from, which isn't so. Another issue is false memories, it doesn't take much to create a past life narrative that you can thoroughly convince yourself is true. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If reincarnation were true then it pretty much kills the whole Jesus thing. 

The brotherly love message stays strong. The atonement doctrine goes away but that is kind of a good riddance.

59 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Again if it was true then we should have potential lifetimes of experience and knowledge to draw from, which isn't so. 

No, each physical life is pretty much a blank slate. The soul exerts its influence on the lifetime but succeeds to the maturity level of the soul. Older souls will lead a higher level spiritual life and less mature souls will be more influenced by the whims of desire and environment.

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Another issue is false memories, it doesn't take much to create a past life narrative that you can thoroughly convince yourself is true. 

Yes true and false past life memories can exist. That’s why researchers like Dr. Ian Stevenson investigated those rare cases where specific and verifiable memories exist. He has shown an impressive body of cases where children knew details that could not have been known through normal channels. 

• Like 2

On 3/10/2020 at 9:12 PM, XenoFish said:

If that were true then I want to know who stabbed me in my right butt cheek and why does it look like Australia???

You made my ********! Day!! :tu:

On 3/11/2020 at 6:02 AM, openozy said:

On 3/10/2020 at 9:04 PM, docyabut2 said:

There`s are a lot of Reincarnation stories,  One is about our  birth marks are from injuries from another life time . I have one on my neck and I had a dream , I was a German Soldier  that did not want to kill the Jews and they shot me in the neck,  was it just a elusion, or can  birth marks can be true ?

My daughter and I have matching birthmarks in the same spot on our legs so that sends the previous life injury idea into oblivion imo.

My son and his great uncle(husbands uncle) have matching shaped birthmarks on the same place on the same arm. 
So it’s the genetic reason I think. 

• Like 4

On 3/11/2020 at 2:35 PM, XenoFish said:

If reincarnation were true then it pretty much kills the whole Jesus thing. Again if it was true then we should have potential lifetimes of experience and knowledge to draw from, which isn't so. Another issue is false memories, it doesn't take much to create a past life narrative that you can thoroughly convince yourself is true. 

I am not sure how reincarnation would change or invalidate the idea of Jesus and his teachings. I actually see the idea of reincarnation fitting very well into that narrative.

If Jesus symbolically is the immortal or divine human; humans as they were in the beginning and will be in the end, the alpha and the omega if you will. Which is a being that is immortal and imperishable, able to shed their earthly bodies and yet still live and move on, than he would be the very symbol of the transmigrating soul; that part which after death is able to continue on and live again.

Also, if as he told his apostles that the kingdom of God was right here all around them on the material plane and that they have the spirit of God dwelling in them, than reincarnation would make absolute sense in that context. Surely if the kingdom is here, the souls of the dead will come back around to live in it again eventually.

Those are just my interpretations though, can't think of anything off the top of my head that makes Jesus' teachings and reincarnation mutually exclusive..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 9:10 PM, XenoFish said:

The idea of reincarnation is just stupid.

On the contrary, it gives you a chance in the next life to become better and gain more mind than in the present.
If all the time the same person was reborn with the same way of thinking and character, then there would be no sense in reincarnation.

I suggest anyone who is interested in reincarnation research has a look at the Christos Experiment.

http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Christos_experiment
http://www.alastairmcintosh.com/articles/1978_christos.htm
http://www.alastairmcintosh.com/articles/1979_psychoenergetic.htm

Christos experiment

The Christos Experiment (or Christos Phenomenon) is an Altered State of Consciousness (ASC) that can produce extraordinarily vivid and realistic Out-of-Body Experiences (OBE), Past-Life Experiences (PLE) and Other-Life Experiences (OLE).

There are four aspects to the Christos Experiment that make it a particularly interesting ASC.

It can be an extremely convincing, powerful and very moving experience
    It is very easy to induce, and to learn how to induce. It takes perhaps ten minutes preparation with the subject, and seems to work on at least a slight majority of people. Prior belief by the subject that the technique will work is not necessary for it to be successful.
    The subject can answer questions about the experience, and follow direction, while it is still under way, and has an excellent recollection of the details afterwards.
    The experiences, while vivid and compelling enough to suggest to the subject that they have experienced something that must be real, appear to be non-veridical (i.e. not real)

The origins of the name and technique seem to be a matter of debate, although accounts centre on Australia. Certainly its most effective populariser was the Australian author Gerald Marcus Glaskin [1923 – 2000]. Use and investigation of the technique appears to be mostly confined to the New Age community – there is a dearth of references to serious investigations in the scientific community.

The original discovere or developer of the technique was William Swygard
https://www.zbs.org/swygard/1_multiPlane.pdf
https://www.zbs.org/swygard/2_multiLevel.pdf
https://www.zbs.org/swygard/3_perfectingSpirit.pdf

https://pastlivesproject.org/ (top right menu lines)
https://pastlivesproject.org/the-original-instructions/

Edited by ocpaul20
add william swygard

I realise this post is more about physical characterisitics but I thought this may be of interest. My father had a best friend who was like part of the family. I knew him very well but he died long before my son and daughter were born and they knew nothing about him, or that he ever existed.

When my son left school in 2000 he joined the Royal Air Force (RAF) as a trainee aircraft engineer and he is still in the RAF. There are no connections to engineering on either my or my wife's side of the family. At he age of 17 he passed his driving test and wanted to buy a car. Not any car but a specific make, a Vauxhall. He refused to look at any other makes. He knew I didn't like them or rate them but he was adamant that's what he wanted even though he had never driven one and none of his friends owned one. He owned 4 different Vauxhall models by his mid-twenties. A few years ago he said he was thinking of getting a gold tooth. Again no-one within the the family or friends had one but he said he was going to look into it.

All this seems fairly normal until the history of the family friend is looked at.

This friend was an aircraft engineer in the RAF during World War 2. I knew him for around 30 years before he died and the only make of car he ever drove were Vauxhalls. He also had a gold tooth.

Is my son a reincarnation of this man?  I honestly don't know but I feel there are connections which are more than coincidences..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2020 at 12:10 PM, XenoFish said:

The idea of reincarnation is just stupid.

In your opinion.  I find the entire thing fascinating and quite a topic to study.  Since there is also some scientific evidence to support it as an actual phenomenon (as PapaGeorge mentioned with the work of Dr. Stevenson) I disagree.  I think the topic is not stupid, is very interesting, could be real, and is worth looking into.  

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 12:11 PM, Guyver said:

In your opinion.  I find the entire thing fascinating and quite a topic to study.  Since there is also some scientific evidence to support it as an actual phenomenon (as PapaGeorge mentioned with the work of Dr. Stevenson) I disagree.  I think the topic is not stupid, is very interesting, could be real, and is worth looking into.  

That's right it is my opinion. I think the whole idea of reincarnation is lazy. Just another "I want to live forever" stories. I don't care what Georgie thinks. I do not value his opinion. This isn't interesting, it is people who bad memories, false memories, and down right liars. It isn't real. Once we die that is it. Deal with it. 

• Like 1

.  Epigenetics has found that to some degree environment can alter genes and what genes are activated; which ones might be switched on or off. Obviously most people are fully aware that they may look like a family member or a line of family members stretching back a few generations.  That does not mean they are that family member in all respects, they are a separate  individuals living their own life.  I wonder if  a few memories also get coded  into that DNA we inherit.  It may be a stretch I admit.  It still does not make you a redo of that other person.  I kinda think Xeno is right on this one, everybody gets one shot.  Unless we are all simulations in an MMORPG.

Some folks say we learn from past lives.  If that is the case, most of us must have been abysmally stupid in past lives.  Or maybe we are getting dumber. All those who were once kings or queens have devolved rather than evolved.

Is the mirror two way?  Can we see future lives? 

I would not be pleased to encounter my future self informing me that everything I do in life is for their benefit. "Oh please, I want you to suffer a very painful, humiliating, and tragic death because it will make a really cool memory to impress my friends. Or I want you to be noble and self-sacrificing so I can feel good about myself without going through all the trouble and hardship."

Would our ancestors look forward at us and think:  "We learned to make fire, killed mammoths with a sharp rock tied to a stick, fought off a cave bear to protect our family, discovered metalworking and made a sword to defend our village against barbarian hordes,  went through famine, cold and privation and persevered through horrific conditions and you are the result?  What have you done to further our legacy? "  I am not sure I could stand up to that scrutiny. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Once we die that is it.

It is for your body.

I do believe everyone has a lesson to learn while here,when we learn our personal lesson we pass over to spirit.This is why I'm against education, :lol:.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, openozy said:

It is for your body.

And the brain is part of the body. Yep, dead is dead. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

And it shows.

Flattery will get you nowhere my ginger brother :D.

10 minutes ago, openozy said:

Flattery will get you nowhere my ginger brother :D.

I'm not your brother or friend. The only brother I had died at birth when I was 7, he ain't coming back. Neither is my grandfather nor my grandmother.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

oh god wish reincarnation is not  true ,living this **** all over again again again :) why so many die young just to get out of it.:)

Edited by docyabut2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm not your brother or friend. The only brother I had died at birth when I was 7, he ain't coming back. Neither is my grandfather nor my grandmother.

No you are just a miserable,bitter daywalker :lol: but we still love you :wub:

Edited by openozy

Well according to Tibetan Buddhism reincarnation commonly happens to followers of Buddhist teachings. If you have the time read the information provided in the supplied link, while there is a mystical side to it, it's still very interesting.

https://www.dalailama.com/messages/retirement-and-reincarnation/reincarnation

Peace

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2020 at 1:47 PM, papageorge1 said:

The brotherly love message stays strong. The atonement doctrine goes away but that is kind of a good riddance.

No, each physical life is pretty much a blank slate. The soul exerts its influence on the lifetime but succeeds to the maturity level of the soul. Older souls will lead a higher level spiritual life and less mature souls will be more influenced by the whims of desire and environment.

Yes true and false past life memories can exist. That’s why researchers like Dr. Ian Stevenson investigated those rare cases where specific and verifiable memories exist. He has shown an impressive body of cases where children knew details that could not have been known through normal channels. 

Here is the Tibetan Buddhist explanation for how reincarnation occurs, it was written by the current Dalai Liama. If you have time read it you may find it interesting.

https://www.dalailama.com/messages/retirement-and-reincarnation/reincarnation

Peace

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1