Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mom's encounter with 'demon face' goes viral

Still Waters

When a second attempt at summoning some divine intervention failed, the woman mused that "I knew the Lord had forsaken me. I was on my own." As she considered whether or not she could thwart the demon by way of a physical attack, Kelsay said, "suddenly it whispered... 'Mommy?'" Recognizing that it was her son's voice, she quickly turned on a bedside light and saw the source for the sinister-looking scowl that had tormented her. It turned out that the boy was wearing a pair of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle pajamas which featured a glow-in-the-dark face.

:lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Reminds me of the time I woke up and saw two beady red eyes starring at me through the window.

I had bumped the digital alarm clock and it was reflecting off the window. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Still Waters said:

An Indiana woman's tale of encountering a glowing demonic face in the middle of the night has gone viral thanks to its amusing ending. The unnerving experience occurred last month, Angela Kelsay explained in a post on social media, when she was woken up by the sound of her bedroom door creaking open. Initially suspecting that her two-year-old son had entered the room, the mom was taken aback when she spotted "a set of terrifying glowing eyes and mouth" lingering in the doorway.

Frozen in fear and bewildered by what she was seeing, Kelsay's terror escalated as the face silently "drifted a few feet closer" to her bed. 

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/indiana-mom-s-encounter-with-demon-face-has-amusing-explanation

At least she was not a trigger happy redneck and shot at it at first sight...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

About 3 years ago I got a new mouse with RGB lighting in it. I didn't turn off my PC before bed, and with all the lights out, the mouse's illumination reflected off of a glossy book cover making it appear as glowing red eyes staring at me from across the room. For that brief second before I realized what was up, I'm pretty sure I almost died, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I saw a ghost - a headless priest - in Cambridge.  He was dressed all in black as far as his white dog collar, with nothing above the neck.  I was driving (sober, I swear) and caught sight of the apparition at the side of the road.  I was so shaken I had to double-check what I'd seen, so I turned at a roundabout and caught up with...

... a black lady, dressed all in black, with a white hair band.  Her hair was sprayed outwards, giving the illusion of higher shoulders, and her long legs and odd gait had convinced me it was a tall (albeit headless) man.

Most mysterious encounters have innocent explanations!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

There's a rural African American folktale where a guy shot his own big toes off because they looked like eyes when they reflected the moonlight. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Still Waters said:

An Indiana woman's tale of encountering a glowing demonic face in the middle of the night has gone viral thanks to its amusing ending. The unnerving experience occurred last month, Angela Kelsay explained in a post on social media, when she was woken up by the sound of her bedroom door creaking open. Initially suspecting that her two-year-old son had entered the room, the mom was taken aback when she spotted "a set of terrifying glowing eyes and mouth" lingering in the doorway.

Frozen in fear and bewildered by what she was seeing, Kelsay's terror escalated as the face silently "drifted a few feet closer" to her bed. 

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/indiana-mom-s-encounter-with-demon-face-has-amusing-explanation

LOL - cute!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Piney said:

There's a rural African American folktale where a guy shot his own big toes off because they looked like eyes when they reflected the moonlight. 

Haven't we all done that?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

Haven't we all done that?

In Croydon? :huh:

Wow! Another good reason to stay away from Londoners. :unsure2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

Wow! Talk about a misinformed bigot. I grew up in a small town full of rednecks and there is no one more safe and responsible with a firearm. Number of accidental shootings there? None, ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, jbondo said:

Wow! Talk about a misinformed bigot. I grew up in a small town full of rednecks and there is no one more safe and responsible with a firearm. Number of accidental shootings there? None, ever.

Well... if she decide to shot it, it's deliberate and not an accident....:D

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1