Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Cull’ of elderly could benefit economy

Eldorado

9 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Hopefilly the virus will be over sooner rather and later and when that happens, lets hope all the elderly remember this guy, especially any elderly relatives he has.

Will he look an elderly person after all this and think

A: so glad you are ok

B: we would have been economically better off had you died.

?

While people dont like the coldness or bluntness of his comments, he is right.

I struggle with this outlook that 'people cost money'. Cull the whole population and you could save a fortune - you'd be left with a mountain of paper and nobody left. Money is a means to an end - its the key part in the distribution of food and goods and services to the people of a nation. It works very simply, money is printed, food grows, the money is simply handed out, like handing out ration books, to everyone.

It really is that simple, culling a part of the population just kills of the customer, work is down, profit is down, tax is down, jobs are down. We are all better off when people have more money to spend, which after all is simply printed by the bank.

On 3/13/2020 at 2:23 AM, Eldorado said:

"A Telegraph journalist has suggested coronavirus could ‘prove mildly beneficial’ to the UK economy by killing off elderly Britons.

"In his column last week, Jeremy Warner analyses the US making an emergency interest rate cut to protect the economy against coronavirus.

"It went largely unnoticed when the Telegraph – whose average reader age is 61 – published it on March 3, but one of the assistant editor’s economic reflections has since sparked an outcry on social media."

"‘Not to put too fine a point on it, from an entirely disinterested economic perspective, the COVID-19 might even prove mildly beneficial in the long term by disproportionately culling elderly dependents.’"

Full monty: https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/11/telegraph-journalist-says-coronavirus-cull-elderly-benefit-economy-12383907/?

At LifeSite mag: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/columnist-opines-about-coronavirus-being-economically-beneficial-in-culling-elderly

Same vein: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/335240-virus-could-kill-off-hospital-bed-blockers/

Some things are better left unsaid?

True they are not dying fast enough, from not being able to afford heating, so this disease will clean up the hangers on that live in homes heated with second hand phone books and making canned dog food their stable diet.

This is black humor by the way, and about the only thing worse than idiots that keep parrating that wind/solar will give us cheaper electricity when it does the opposite, is China being slobs and the world paying for it.

:o

On 3/12/2020 at 2:34 PM, spud the mackem said:

Give me 5 minutes in a locked room with the guy who suggested this ,and HE Will be Culled . 

Best laugh of the day, so far. I like old people too. We need their wisdom, always.

Diseases are often seen as culling. It’s a fact of nature. The fact that this one appears to be doing society at large, a financial favor, is not a lie. Do we applaud the lion for eating the easiest prey to catch? I do not, but I accept him for what he is. 

There will always be winners and losers, and I believe this virus is the impeachment of Donald Trump that his cult refused to accomplish. I believe this virus to be the curious “ruby colored candy, glistening in the darkness” that I saw in a vision, sent by the Destroying Angel. 

SARS-COV-2 Virus - https://urbanmilwaukee.com/pressrelease/first-coronavirus-covid-19-case-confirmed-in-the-city-of-milwaukee/

Source

Crow Man from 2013 Hurricane Forecast

On 3/13/2020 at 9:42 AM, RabidMongoose said:

While people dont like the coldness or bluntness of his comments, he is right.

No he is not. 

The thing is, I do wonder how many of the elderly who have passed away were only a few feet short from the exit door anyway?  

So coronavirus or not, I very much doubt all the elderly would have lived into their 100's anyway. So them passing away, although a heartbreak for many, their deaths would not benefit our economy any more than if they pass away of natural causes within the next couple of years.

Our economy does not thrive each time an elderly person passes away naturally and any medical expences paid while they were alive is justified as they were the ones who spend more years paying into it.

All the young people who are self isolating at the moment is what is costing the economies billions, THATS YOUNGER PEOPLE STAYING ALIVE!. 

The elderly dying is not going to benefit the economy while the younger ones are crippling it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Crow Man from 2013 Hurricane Forecast

Jeeze. WTF is THAT? 

That is just too weird and a bit sick to look at.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Jeeze. WTF is THAT? 

That is just too weird and a bit sick to look at.

In my dream I was asked by the people to climb high into the sky, to look for hurricanes on the horizon.

Fearful of this awkward crow's nest they placed me in, I fulfilled their request,

Source 8-15-2011

.......The United States; frozen like a mummy, sickening hunger, the pain of a newdawn trauma .......

A storm is coming, a greenish, dark mass, the smell of iron in her blood.

Hurry, up the stairs, set free the angel of the dark room, in heavenly light.

Edited December 16, 2019 by Raptor Witness

The artists symbolism is likely of life and death.

A nation that will not hear the warning of death on the immediate horizon..... signaled directly to it from the crows nest, in a thread about disappearing species.

In fact, the “blood storm” will be a zoonotic virus.

”Hurry,” it says ...... but did the United States prepare?  Did we “hurry?” No, we were “frozen” by arrogance, and now we shall likely pay a horrific price, thanks to a captain who cared little for U.S. and only for himself and his re-election.

Good luck with that now, for it was The Earth, who has impeached him.

CF020341-C8CA-465E-A1C5-9E0EE4AF20AB.png.d9c569a93802399890a4eee8a3ed7c06.png

Source

Edited by Raptor Witness

I'm past my "sell by" date ,and have a "limited shelf life " , but having survived WW2 and other conflicts , been shot at a few times and escaped death at least 6 times , paid my NHS subscriptions for 50 years ,and Still pay tax on my pensions, I Will survive anything that the Chinese throw at me . The Country would be in a sorry mess without us elderly citizens , I don't use a Zimmer frame or a walking stick and the last time I was at the Doctors was 22 years ago when I broke my foot , so anyone who wants to Cull me ,let them try after all I am as big as anyone ,with a weapon in my hand .I'll bet that the guy who suggested this is a real bloody Coward .....sorry folks Rant over.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

No he is not. 

The thing is, I do wonder how many of the elderly who have passed away were only a few feet short from the exit door anyway?  

So coronavirus or not, I very much doubt all the elderly would have lived into their 100's anyway. So them passing away, although a heartbreak for many, their deaths would not benefit our economy any more than if they pass away of natural causes within the next couple of years.

Our economy does not thrive each time an elderly person passes away naturally and any medical expences paid while they were alive is justified as they were the ones who spend more years paying into it.

All the young people who are self isolating at the moment is what is costing the economies billions, THATS YOUNGER PEOPLE STAYING ALIVE!. 

The elderly dying is not going to benefit the economy while the younger ones are crippling it.

The only people who benefit from anyone dying are the vultures who call themselves Funeral Directors , the last funeral I paid for cost £6000 , and funeral plans every 10 minutes on the T.V. really p*** me off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s getting a little crazy around here with all the panic buying. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Well if old people make sensible sacrifices;

What about prisoners and habitual criminals?

What about the mentally and physically disabled?

How about the chronically unemployed?

How about disobedient children?

How about social misfits?

What about  genetically inferior individuals?

What about people who disagree with the ruling party?

Haven't you heard all of this before?

• Like 1

And today the UK health secretary announces that those age 70 and over will, at some unspecified time in the near future, will be told to remain in their homes. They will not be able to leave or even have visitors, and all food and medicines will be left at their door.

To add to Tatetopa's comments above, I'll ask if these politicians are using the movie "Logan's Run" as a blueprint for a brave new world. How will this essentially house arrest be enforced? Will those under 70 need to report anybody they see on the streets that appear to be over 70, for the "National good". What will the punishment be for breaking house arrest? When this is over, how many dead old people will be discovered in their homes having starved to death if they have no family, or family that care, no internet, or may be confused. The 2003 heat wave in France shows that this is not impossible when tens of thousands of elderly perished, "home alone".

I think on hearing this, very many people over 70 will be feeling fear, already engendered by Johnson's appalling statement indicating he thinks that there will be mass deaths amongh the elderly.

• Like 1