Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Museum's 'Dead Sea Scrolls' are all forgeries

Eldorado

The new findings don’t cast doubt on the 100,000 real Dead Sea Scroll fragments, most of which lie in the Shrine of the Book, part of the Israel Museum, Jerusalem. 

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/2020/03/museum-of-the-bible-dead-sea-scrolls-forgeries/

Shame they did not compare them with the real ones prior to saying they were genuine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"But now, the Washington, D.C. museum has confirmed a bitter truth about the fragments’ authenticity.

I'm not even a little bit surprised about this. The Greens rely on American "Biblical Archaeologists" who are all frauds and none are actually archaeologists. 

The museum has purchased many frauds, some not exposed yet. They also purchased looted antiquities from the Black Market, but for some reason weren't convicted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'm not even a little bit surprised about this. The Greens rely on American "Biblical Archaeologists" who are all frauds and none are actually archaeologists. 

The museum has purchased many frauds, some not exposed yet. They also purchased looted antiquities from the Black Market, but for some reason weren't convicted.

Religion is a sort of fraud... so they can continue to show them maybe ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Religion is a sort of fraud... so they can continue to show them maybe ?

The Bible is 90 percent made up. David was a nomadic warlord. Solomon was a warlord who only controlled some copper pits and a section of trade route (maybe). The Mosaic Books and the story of Joseph were actually written during the Ptolemaic Era to "remove the Greek influence" from Judaism and make it look like the Hebrews had some power over the Egyptians  and the only historical Jesus from his purported  era was neither a teacher, nor was he crucified. He was a doomsday prophet who was flattened with a rock from a Roman trebuchet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Piney said:

The Bible is 90 percent made up. David was a nomadic warlord. Solomon was a warlord who only controlled some copper pits and a section of trade route (maybe). The Mosaic Books and the story of Joseph were actually written during the Ptolemaic Era to "remove the Greek influence" from Judaism and make it look like the Hebrews had some power over the Egyptians  and the only historical Jesus from his purported  era was neither a teacher, nor was he crucified. He was a doomsday prophet who was flattened with a rock from a Roman trebuchet.

Where does anyone go to discover this sort of rhetoric? 

:clap:

Here's a 'Bible' quote for ya, Steve Green: You reap what you sow.

Seriously, the guy is a criminal, a fraud, and runs a totally boycott-worthy F-ed up business (Hobby Lobby).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Where does anyone go to discover this sort of rhetoric? 

Princeton, University of Pennsylvania, Harvard Divinity School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Cambridge, Oxford.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Piney said:

Can you post the sources/articles? 

19 minutes ago, csspwns said:

Can you post the sources/articles? 

Do you have time and money for a good college?

3 hours ago, Piney said:

Princeton, University of Pennsylvania, Haverford, Harvard Divinity School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Cambridge, Oxford.....

Most are behind paywalls but here's a few places to sniff around. Everything I have is a hard source or a lecture recording.

https://www.academia.edu/

https://www.jstor.org/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Piney said:

Ditto. Fake artifacts for a fake museum.

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Piney said:

Where is the proof of your claims? 

5 minutes ago, SpaceBumZaphod said:

Where is the proof of your claims? 

Look up. I gave my sources. It's pretty common knowledge among educated Rabbinical, Biblical scholars and Middle Eastern archaeologists.

Any Rabbinical Scholar or Israeli archaeologist will tell you the same things, except the Jesus part. They'll tell you he didn't exist.

Edited by Piney
  • Like 1

Just now, Tuco's Gas said:

Seems the Jews wrote it around 1500 BC while in Babylonian exile. The elders were concerned about some of their flock backsliding on old Judaic rituals and traditions, so they invented the whole "Yahweh rested on the 7th day" to remind people to keep the Sabbath (Shabot) holy.

The Mosaic books were written right about the time of the Maccabean division. I don't like the term "revolt" because unlike what the OT books say it was really Jews fighting Jews.

Which is why I don't agree with this.....

3 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Yessir. And did ya know that the book of Genesis was actually one of the last, if not thee last fable written in the OT? And certainly the youngest of the Torah.

• Like 1

Just now, Tuco's Gas said:

Oh..The Barrabas bit was pure myth too. Pilate had no such practice of releasing a convicted criminal on Passover to throw a bone to the Jews. 

I know, I went to Princeton and the U.of Penn for this crap. On top of having a grandfather who was a Oxford scholar of ancient history and translator of Greek and Hebrew text and a great aunt who was a Haverford  theologian of the Henry Cadbury ilk (who was my tutor),

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Piney said:

...  and the only historical Jesus from his purported  era was neither a teacher, nor was he crucified. He was a doomsday prophet who was flattened with a rock from a Roman trebuchet.

43 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Yep. Again. And JC was whacked by Pilate for being a rabble rouser and political insurrectionist. NOT for claiming to he the son of god.

He was almost certainly buried in a mass grave with other Jewish troublemakers. 

Oh..The Barrabas bit was pure myth too. Pilate had no such practice of releasing a convicted criminal on Passover to throw a bone to the Jews. 

I thought there wasnt any direct mention of Jesus from the period? Other then questionable quotes from Josephus.

So how can we know how he died? Or, what he taught?

Saying "Princeton, Harvard, Oxford", is all good and well, but you're implying theres scholarly information that's a mystery kept from the rest of the world.

5 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I thought there wasnt any direct mention of Jesus from the period? Other then questionable quotes from Josephus.

Your thinking of the Josephus "additions" not Jesus Ben Ananias. He most likely existed existed.

But a further portent was even more alarming. Four years before the war, when the city was enjoying profound peace and prosperity, there came to the feast at which it is the custom of all Jews to erect tabernacles to God, one Jesus, son of Ananias, a rude peasant, who suddenly began to cry out, "A voice from the east, a voice from the west, a voice from the four winds, a voice against Jerusalem and the sanctuary, a voice against the bridegroom and the bride, a voice against all the people." Day and night he went about all the alleys with this cry on his lips. Some of the leading citizens, incensed at these ill-omened words, arrested the fellow and severely chastised him. But he, without a word on his own behalf or for the private ear of those who smote him, only continued his cries as before. Thereupon, the magistrates, supposing, as was indeed the case, that the man was under some supernatural impulse, brought him before the Roman governor; there, although flayed to the bone with scourges, he neither sued for mercy nor shed a tear, but, merely introducing the most mournful of variations into his utterances, responded to each lashing with "Woe to Jerusalem!" When Albinus, the governor, asked him who and whence he was and why he uttered these cries, he answered him never a word, but unceasingly reiterated his dirge over the city, until Albinus pronounced him a maniac and let him go. During the whole period up to the outbreak of war he neither approached nor was seen talking to any of the citizens, but daily, like a prayer that he had conned, repeated his lament, "Woe to Jerusalem!" He neither cursed any of those who beat him from day to day, nor blessed those who offered him food: to all men that melancholy presage was his one reply. His cries were loudest at the festivals. So for seven years and five months he continued his wail, his voice never flagging nor his strength exhausted, until in the siege, having seen his presage verified, he found his rest. For, while going his round and shouting in piercing tones from the wall, "Woe once more to the city and to the people and to the temple," as he added a last word, "and woe to me also," a stone hurled from the ballista struck and killed him on the spot. So with those ominous words still upon his lips he passed away. – Book 6, Chapter 5, Section 3 of the historian Flavius Josephus' The Wars of the Jews or History of the Destruction of Jerusalem [2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_ben_Ananias

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Saying "Princeton, Harvard, Oxford", is all good and well, but you're implying theres scholarly information that's a mystery kept from the rest of the world.

Not if you attend a seminary there or join a scholarly paper site like "Academia".

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

So how can we know how he died?

The "Q" (source) Gospel was just teachings so we don't. Christianity started out as a "Mystery School" all the "son of God" and "savior" stuff was added later. 

• Thanks 2

It does appear this museum is full of either dupes, or scammers. 

If they're supposed to be copys then why werent they authenticated. If their supposed to be originals, then wouldnt that imply they were stolen, or otherwise gotten illegally? I cant imagine the Israelis giving originals out to a American Christian museum.

1 hour ago, Piney said:

The "Q" (source) Gospel was just teachings so we don't. Christianity started out as a "Mystery School" all the "son of God" and "savior" stuff was added later. 

Not much latter... Polycarp is clear on several points of orthodoxy, as is Clement, and they are both 1st Century leaders.

There is debate on if the Gnostics (Holders of Secret/Mystery Knowledge) ever really were considered Christian's, and if there was ever more then a handful of them.

What would be considered orthodox christianity pushed into North Africa, east into the Middle East, North into the Caspian, and west into Rome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Not if you attend a seminary there or join a scholarly paper site like "Academia".

I'll check it out.

I had read there was this "other" Jesus. Many scholars say it wouldn't have been an unusual nam DC for the time.

I'm not sure that the one you describe is the same as the Biblical Jesus, but there are parallels. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

There is debate on if the Gnostics (Holders of Secret/Mystery Knowledge) ever really were considered Christian's, and if there was ever more then a handful of them.

That stuff came much later.

A word salad of mind muck if you ask me, like telling a engineer to create a religion and making him drop acid first. :huh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2