Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If evidence proved Moon landing was fake...

v03qxz

What would happen if, someday, evidence (rather photographs or other means), showed beyond reasonable doubt that the Moon landing was fake?

Beyond the world being shocked, what would happen afterward? Undoubtedly, there would be a lot of angry people out there. A lot of people are fans of NASA, and to find out one of their biggest accomplishments was a hoax, would not be pretty.

Some people believe there's evidence it was a hoax. You can find all sorts of these alleged 'evidences' with a Google search. Other people believe any hoax claims have been debunked. But if visible evidence beyond doubt was found of fakery, what would happen? Obviously, NASA would lose all credibility and most supporters. I'm not sure if a hoax is illegal or not, or if anyone would go to jail, but lying would most certainly be immoral. So what would happen?

Here is an interesting video:

Edited by v03qxz
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, v03qxz said:

What would happen if, someday, evidence (rather photographs or other means), showed beyond reasonable doubt that the Moon landing was fake?

Beyond the world being shocked, what would happen afterward? Undoubtedly, there would be a lot of angry people out there. A lot of people are fans of NASA, and to find out one of their biggest accomplishments was a hoax, would not be pretty.

Some people believe there's evidence it was a hoax. Other people believe any hoax claims have been debunked. But if visible evidence beyond doubt was found of fakery, what would happen? Obviously, NASA would lose all credibility and most supporters. I'm not sure if a hoax is illegal or not, or if anyone would go to jail, but lying would most certainly be immoral. So what would happen?

Hi v03qxz

Personally it would make little difference just like any other life, spiritual, blah blah blah , etc influences I have to get up tomorrow morning put on my money makers and get out and prove my worth because I am a quality conscious kind of individual. If it is an alien invasion by hostiles well the it's lock and load and quality consciousness still applies.:D

jmccr8

• Like 5

I mean, it doesn't really matter because it wasn't fake and there is no evidence of it being so. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I mean, it doesn't really matter because it wasn't fake and there is no evidence of it being so. 

This reminds me of a line of dialogue from the movie Apollo 13.  "It isn't a miracle... we just decided to go"  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, v03qxz said:

What would happen if, someday, evidence (rather photographs or other means), showed beyond reasonable doubt that the Earth was flat?

See what I did there. Its never going to happen. So what's the point of even going there with this ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If people don't understand or comprehend how something happened, then doubt kicks in, and if their doubt is stronger than their understanding of a subject then it really opens the doors to every wild theory and alternative that does explain it in a way that they can comprehend.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

If people don't understand or comprehend how something happened, then doubt kicks in, and if their doubt is stronger than their understanding of a subject then it really opens the doors to every wild theory and alternative that does explain it in a way that they can comprehend.

In other words they are thick.

But in a kinder way - they need educating.

We don't need to rely on America to prove the Moon Landing happened.

There was a Space Race in the 1960's, and Russia would have taken great delight in exposing the hoax.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If the moon landing was fake, then how did we build all those secret bases on it???

Image result for moon space 1999 gif

Image result for shhh gif

7 hours ago, v03qxz said:

Some people believe there's evidence it was a hoax. You can find all sorts of these alleged 'evidences' with a Google search. Other people believe any hoax claims have been debunked. But if visible evidence beyond doubt was found of fakery, what would happen? Obviously, NASA would lose all credibility and most supporters. I'm not sure if a hoax is illegal or not, or if anyone would go to jail, but lying would most certainly be immoral. So what would happen?

Firstly, people who haven't thought deeply about a particular subject are very likely to have incorrect knowledge of that subject. If I was to walk up to a bunch of Canadians in the street and ask them about stuff to do with Australia it wouldn't be surprising if they got all sorts of things wrong. And that's fine, seeing as accurate knowledge about Australia isn't necessary to the average Canuck. Same with the Moon landings - if people don't happen to know much about them then it isn't surprising to hear them come up with hoax ideas.

It only really becomes an issue when the errors in knowledge are either about important/relevant subjects or if the errors are held on to with determination in the face of evidence. For example, I expect my GP to accept the reality of germs, and I expect the pilot of the jet I fly from Australia to Canada to be fully aware that the Earth isn't flat.

So when it comes to the Moon landings, if someone comes up with credible evidence that Apollo was faked, I think I'm going to be experiencing a strong case of cognitive dissonance, largely because the current evidence for the reality of Apollo is so strong. How did they bring all those rocks back? How did they create the effect of astronauts moving in a low-gravity vacuum in large spaces? How are the Moon rocks we have here which were photographed lying on the ground not contaminated by the surface they sat on for those photos? How did they fake the communications?

So if that credible evidence is presented I'm going to want Project Apollo examined by a large group of experts in all sorts of fields to find out how it was faked and how the fake was maintained for so long. It'd probably end up being investigated by Congress.

As for whether the hoax would be illegal, I don't know, but it would mean NASA had spent money given to it by Congress in a manner other than what it was appropriated for. Pretty sure that's a crime of some sort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aaron2016 said:

Image result for moon space 1999 gif

Image result for shhh gif

I hope you're not suggesting that a moon base might be built by Dunder Mifflin... ;-)

• Haha 1

The whole world would fall apart.  It would all fall apart because: if the Moon Landing was fake, the trickle down technology would also be fake.   

The Space Shuttle program...fake.

Personal Computers...fake. 

The Internet...fake. 

Smart phones...fake. 

Electric cars...fake. 

Private Space Enterprises ....fake. 

Laser weapons on our ships...fake. 

Robotics...fake.

Hyper-sonic missiles...fake.

The Genome...fake.

Your whole entire world for the last 50 years would be fake.   

• Like 3

All the evidence shows it was real but that doesn't stop a bunch of nuts running around saying it is fake. so your question is very silly.  for some people there will never be enough evidence.

So, OP it took 50+ years after the event for you to stumble on some whacky website, which you didn't quote or cite, so we don't even know what you are basing this silliness on..),... :td:

Given that the landings began in 1969, and NOTHING valid has been raised by the rapidly diminishing group of Apollo deniers, despite the overwhelming documentation that is available for all aspects of the missions ....?  All you're raising is your lack of knowledge of the topic.

So, I call - what 'evidence' have you seen that raises doubts in your mind?

And before proceeding you should probably be aware that a good proportion of the remaining Apollo deniers are just trolling, like flat earthers, and the remainder are severely deluded or just have not a clue.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3

Hmm.  Seems the OP is happy to start 'discussions', but then vanishes rather than engage..

Edited by ChrLzs

Like things paranormal,can't be proven either way.People just don't like to think they were suckered :lol:

1 hour ago, openozy said:

Like things paranormal,can't be proven either way.People just don't like to think they were suckered :lol:

Fascinating concept...  Openozy, please give us a good example of something 'proven' to your satisfaction?   Or is nothing at all 'proven'?  How's about you use a qualifier, like 'proven beyond reasonable doubt'?

And may I suggest you look up the concept of 'axioms'... and then move on from there.

All in all, my point is that ..... you might want to think a little deeper.

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

All in all, my point is that ..... you might want to think a little deeper.

Sorry to spoil your childhood fantasy but as I said this can't be proven, the same as anything paranormal.Vids or pics are easily faked,they prove nothing.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Openozy, please give us a good example of something 'proven' to your satisfaction

Things I have experienced first hand.

So that means you must consider nuclear energy, and nuclear weapons, things that "can't be proven either way". That's really good thinking.

Argument from ignorance

On 3/15/2020 at 3:28 PM, v03qxz said:

I know right.....

And-What-If-Beer-Was-Alien-Saliva-Funny-

Dude. Image that 

I wonder all the time about it. I drink CC and dry now.