Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection Question

mooncresentgirl

Could you expand please? Where did you get research from that suggests people that astral project sometimes get paralyzed near power lines outside?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rashore said:

Could you expand please? Where did you get research from that suggests people that astral project sometimes get paralyzed near power lines outside?

Here's some of the sources:

1. https://www.astralvoyage.com/astral-projection/impact-electrical-magnetic-forces-astral-body.php
Edited by mooncresentgirl

Because people who dream of having powers can dream up limitations for those powers too.

If astral travel was anything but BS a simple test such as "what is written on the paper I just put on the top shelf while you were sleeping" would have proven it possible by now. Nobody has ever been able to do it.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 3/15/2020 at 6:30 AM, mooncresentgirl said:

How come when people astral project they sometimes get paralized near the powerlines outside?

That is not true for everyone.  It must be personal to the person who wrote the link you posted.

From my research and fogged recollection from Robert Monroe’s series.  There’s something about the astral body and electricity that don’t mix. I can’t 100% sure of what he said but there was an experiment he did where he wasn’t able to pass through a faraday cage I believe. I’d suggest reading his 3 books for more information. 

On 3/16/2020 at 11:27 AM, moonman said:

Because people who dream of having powers can dream up limitations for those powers too.

If astral travel was anything but BS a simple test such as "what is written on the paper I just put on the top shelf while you were sleeping" would have proven it possible by now. Nobody has ever been able to do it.

I’m not sure what you mean about AP being BS, but how do you know that no one has ever been able to do as you suggest?

On 3/15/2020 at 11:30 PM, mooncresentgirl said:

How come when people astral project they sometimes get paralized near the powerlines outside?

Astral projection is real as a phenomenon and worthy of more study by science, but it is also a misnomer. There is no "astral body" or "astral plane" as such. The whole thing is a product of your own mind and imagination. It is a dream state in which you are conscious and can have some control. The same as lucid dreaming except "astral projection" uses different methods to achieve the same thing. In general lucid dreaming is a lot easier to achieve but either way can take practice and still be very hit and miss.

That's why you can fly in the so called "astral", but if you start to doubt your new found ability will find yourself falling very quickly, you can also walk through walls but if doubts creep in you might find yourself getting stuck lol. Some very weird things can happen, due to the nature of the mind (conscious and subconscious). With some experimenting it is easy enough to see that it is in reality a fantasy, a creation of your own mind. Fascinating all the same though.

Astral projection is just lucid dreaming. At most it might be a self induced hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucination, a waking dream.

5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Astral projection is just lucid dreaming. At most it might be a self induced hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucination, a waking dream.

Not sure that’s true.  It seems to me that there are distinctions between lucid, or vivid dreaming, and AP.  In lucid dreaming, the person is often aware that they are dreaming, and they have some degree of control of the dream.  They can arrange the events of the dream according to their wishes, whereas the opposite often seems to be true in AP.  Additionally, many people who practice AP, discuss this “silver chord” which is said to be an anchor for the soul, keeping it attached to the body and this chord cannot be broken during AP, as a broken silver chord means death.  

I have never heard anyone having a lucid dream claiming to be aware of the silver chord, but many who claim to experience AP do.  I have had several lucid dreams but have never experienced the silver chord to my recollection. FWIW.

2 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Not sure that’s true.  It seems to me that there are distinctions between lucid, or vivid dreaming, and AP.  In lucid dreaming, the person is often aware that they are dreaming, and they have some degree of control of the dream.  They can arrange the events of the dream according to their wishes, whereas the opposite often seems to be true in AP.  Additionally, many people who practice AP, discuss this “silver chord” which is said to be an anchor for the soul, keeping it attached to the body and this chord cannot be broken during AP, as a broken silver chord means death.  

I have never heard anyone having a lucid dream claiming to be aware of the silver chord, but many who claim to experience AP do.  I have had several lucid dreams but have never experienced the silver chord to my recollection. FWIW.

Did you even read the rest of my reply? 

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Did you even read the rest of my reply? 

Did I not quote your entire reply?

• Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 11:35 PM, mooncresentgirl said:

at first I thought i had written this, then i realised i hadn't :)  

I dont think that the people i encounter in projection of consciousness are ghosts.

To me they are the self  aware consciousnesses of peole from  the present or the past 

Otherwise my experiences are almost identical, and yes as ive stated elsewhere, electrical power lines, especially high voltage ones, can be uncomfortable and make projection more difficult 

Despite what some posters have said, projection of consciousness is similar to  but very different from controlled lucid dreaming 

For example if it takes you real  places and events, these can be verified in different ways 

Edited by Mr Walker