Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Which Forces Can Pull Electromagnetic Energy?

mooncresentgirl

Which forces can pull electromagnetic energy and how?

Edited by mooncresentgirl

How is this different to your previous thread?

Perhaps it would help if you said why you need this information. Your recent threads are all very similar.

• Thanks 3

Just now, Tuco's Gas said:

Ditto. She's gotta be trying to write a story, and not answer homework questions, the terms she uses are wrong, not scientific, eg: attracts, pulls, etc.

I think it's ghost hunting technobabble.  There's many pseudoscience whistlers who insist spirits are made up of it. I think the OP is trying to "trap a ghost" ala Dan Ackroyd. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tuco's Gas said:

LOL.  Right! I think they used the term "Ectoplasm" in Ghostbusters.

There was a clown trying to prove that actually existed and was showing pics of the "old school" frauds coughing up cheesecloth. :lol:

I forgot where though. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mooncresentgirl said:

Which forces can pull electromagnetic energy and how?

You can block it, direct it, focus it, reflect it, but I've never heard of pulling it!

Edited by acute
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Maybe a dumb question ,but....Is magnetism. .considered to be  " electro" magnetic?   or just magnetic?

16 minutes ago, acute said:

You can block it, direct it, focus it, reflect it, but I've never heard of pulling it!

Thank you for your honest post!

3 minutes ago, lightly said:

Maybe a dumb question ,but....Is magnetism. .considered to be  " electro" magnetic?   or just magnetic?

Electric fields and Magnetic fields are at 90-degrees to one another. 

Electro-magnetic fields are at... well.. 45 degrees, depending on the circumstances. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2020 at 12:17 PM, lightly said:

They're similar. Magnetism refers to magnetic fields or magnetic forces. Remember saying "opposites attract'? Magnetism causes two objects poles to repel or attract. Electromagnets involve electric currents and magnetism. Electromagnets are used in everything. Cars, trains, tvs, doorbells.

• Like 1