Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

News on COVID19 vaccine R&D

toast

It was always the case as the Italians had tried that treatment and reported it was a waste of time.

meanwhile the UK 

Vaccine, Human trials start tomorrow. apparently they've already started to manufacturer the vaccine. in case the trial is a success then it can be rolled out.

As it stands, staying healthy is our greatest weapon against the virus. cv19 not only likes elderly, but minority groups it likes fat people too anyone with a BMI 30 or above.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, toast said:

Hydroxychloroquine seems not to be the magic stuff against C19. On the contrary, as it increases the death rate.

The theory behind the mechanism, requires early intervention, not waiting until the viral loads are sky high, and the body has already mounted a substantial defense. 

It’s so hard to get tested, in the first place, then patients wait for days before results come back, most were likely at their peak viral load before they got the drug, in the first place.

The other key factor in the mechanism is zinc levels. Did they measure zinc levels? If not, and if they didn’t supplement early enough, then it’s pointless to imagine you’re going to see good results.

My guess is, this drug needs to be given at the first sign of disease AND you need to already have adequate zinc levels, AND you need to continue supplemental zinc, because blood levels will drop when the body mounts a defense against a virus.

The other factors are adequate sleep, and activated Vit. D, which work with the other machinery to destroy the invader.

To imagine the VA, which is reportedly woefully inadequate in supplying PPE to its healthcare workers, would ever be able to conduct a meaningful study, is suspect. You can’t wait until the last minute with this drug and expect good results. The mechanism theory doesn’t jive with that approach.

Edited by Raptor Witness

SARS-CoV-2 viral load and the severity of COVID-19CEBM March 26, 2020

The initial dose of virus and the amount of virus an individual has at any one time might worsen the severity of COVID 19 disease. Viral load is a measure of the number of viral particles present in an individual. Higher SARS-CoV-2 viral loads. might worsen outcomes, and data from China suggests the viral load is higher in patients with more severe disease. The amount of virus exposure at the start of infection – the infectious dose – may increase the severity of the illness and is also. linked to a higher viral load.

Also ......

I would argue that zinc levels prior to infection might mean the difference between life and death.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/sars-cov-2-viral-load-and-the-severity-of-covid-19/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/3120653

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

The theory behind the mechanism, requires early intervention, not waiting until the viral loads are sky high, and the body has already mounted a substantial defense. 

It’s so hard to get tested, in the first place, then patients wait for days before results come back, most were likely at their peak viral load before they got the drug, in the first place.

The other key factor in the mechanism is zinc levels. Did they measure zinc levels? If not, and if they didn’t supplement early enough, then it’s pointless to imagine you’re going to see good results.

My guess is, this drug needs to be given at the first sign of disease AND you need to already have adequate zinc levels, AND you need to continue supplemental zinc, because blood levels will drop when the body mounts a defense against a virus.

The other factors are adequate sleep, and activated Vit. D, which work with the other machinery to destroy the invader.

To imagine the VA, which is reportedly woefully inadequate in supplying PPE to its healthcare workers, would ever be able to conduct a meaningful study, is suspect. You can’t wait until the last minute with this drug and expect good results. The mechanism theory doesn’t jive with that approach.

So you have a at least a doctorate in medicine and one in pharmacology and one in epidemiology and are a top-professional expert in the field of analysis of clinical trial data ? Respect, bro!

1 hour ago, toast said:

So you have a at least a doctorate in medicine and one in pharmacology and one in epidemiology and are a top-professional expert in the field of analysis of clinical trial data ? Respect, bro!

I’m interested in the leukopenia connection. Is the virus attacking the tissue that makes the leukocytes, is it infecting the leukocytes themselves?

Asking tough questions doesn’t require a medical degree, For example, why are so many VA nurses demonstrating against the VA for a lack of PPE? 

What measures are you taking to fortify your body against the virus?

19 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

What measures are you taking to fortify your body against the virus?

A lot of people think they can fortify their bodies against C19 by some kind of amateur home made treatments but thats pure esoterics, woo-woo and new-age yada-yada which is without any scientific evidence.

The simple trick is to do not weaken the own body by lots of alcohol and fast food in general. As for C19 the trick is simple as well: avoid contact to others when ever possible, wash your hands as often as possible, dont touch your face, always wear a breathing mask while in public and do not travel with public transportation/planes/trains.

To think woo-woo leuko-blabla treatments will help against C19 is of the very same effect like to sacrifice a virgin during a sun eclipse to make the sun come back again.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, toast said:

A lot of people think they can fortify their bodies against C19 by some kind of amateur home made treatments but thats pure esoterics, woo-woo and new-age yada-yada which is without any scientific evidence.

The simple trick is to do not weaken the own body by lots of alcohol and fast food in general. As for C19 the trick is simple as well: avoid contact to others when ever possible, wash your hands as often as possible, dont touch your face, always wear a breathing mask while in public and do not travel with public transportation/planes/trains.

To think woo-woo leuko-blabla treatments will help against C19 is of the very same effect like to sacrifice a virgin during a sun eclipse to make the sun come back again.

I’m not into sacrificing virgins.

The indescribable ignorance I am hearing, when it comes to our immune function, reminds me of when people did sacrifice virgins, or their children, or the elderly, to solve problems.

The fact that you don’t care enough to read about the basic mechanics of your own body, suggests one reason why we are in this dilemma in the first place.

Ignorance is bliss for some, but that doesn’t mean they have to pass it around to everybody else. 

I find leukopenia, a fascinating clue. and I’ll bet I’m not the only one who feels that way. After all, what is the subject matter of this website? Is it unsolved mysteries, or some BS about sacrificing virgins, instead?

Edited by Raptor Witness

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

UK Government has announced that the lockdown will last until 2021.

What...….

Will they keep paying furlough? if so woohoo.

• Like 1

Another curious statistic which I have stumbled upon, is the estimate that 30% of elderly people in the United States, are generally, zinc deficient.

That’s about the same percentage of elderly people who are dying of this virus.

It’s clearly not that simple, but it is a curious coincidence.

The importance of zinc, especially for the elderly 

Mcknights.com - 2018

Older people tend to have lower zinc levels and low zinc intake. Reportedly, a high proportion of nursing home elderly (30%) have low serum zinc concentrations at baseline and after one year of follow up. Serum zinc concentrations (amount found in blood) at less than 70 mcg per deciliter is considered low. Levels equal to or above this amount is considered adequate.

Edited by Raptor Witness

1 hour ago, toast said:

sound advice.

Also, if people think their immune system is low due to a vitamin/mineral deficiencies they can get a blood test done which will tell them. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

I’m not into sacrificing virgins.

Nobody said that either.

The indescribable ignorance I am hearing, when it comes to our immune function, reminds me of when people did sacrifice virgins, or their children, or the elderly, to solve problems.

You may call it ignorance but in real life its called disregard of your whacky ideas.

The fact that you don’t care enough to read about the basic mechanics of your own body, suggests one reason why we are in this dilemma in the first place.

Thats an idiotic statement and an idiotic accusation as well. FYI, I live in Germany and for what reason should I be responsible for the dilemma you might be in your home country? Because we do not practise leuko-woo-woo-trallala?

Ignorance is bliss for some, 

At least for you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

sound advice.

Also, if people think their immune system is low due to a vitamin/mineral deficiencies they can get a blood test done which will tell them. 

Absolute correct. And simple as well.

• Like 1

Well yet another long boring day of sunbathing for me.

Except for that illegal 2 hours trip too and around town I went on. It was quite busy too, people are starting to stop listening to Government advice.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

sound advice.

Just take a multivitamin regardless. 

27 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Why can't the prophet predict a cure....

Let that sink in for a moment. 

This isn’t the DOD, this is the Department of Earth Operations.

Plagas aren’t for sale.

Just now, Raptor Witness said:

This isn’t the DOD, this is the Department of Earth Operations.

Plagas aren’t for sale.

I didn't ask you.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Except for that illegal 2 hours trip too and around town I went on. It was quite busy too, people are starting to stop listening to Government advice.

funny enough i went the supermarket today a small ASDA, 10:30am no queue to get in. I have to say, to day was glorious weather wise, but the roads where the quietest i've seen during the lockdown. i drove down a major route and i was the only car on the road. oh, and a police speed camera van parked up.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Just take a multivitamin regardless. 

why? when a healthy diet can provide all that's required.

Just now, stevewinn said:

why? when a healthy diet can provide all that's required.

Not everyone can get a balanced diet and it doesn't hurt to take one. 

A nicotinic hypothesis for Covid-19 with preventive and therapeutic implications

Based on the current scientific literature and on new epidemiological data which reveal that current smoking status appears to be a protective factor against the infection by SARS-CoV-2 [1], we hypothesize that the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR) plays a key role in the pathophysiology of Covid-19 infection and might represent a target for the prevention and control of Covid-19 infection.

(...)

Nicotine may be suggested as a potential preventive agent against Covid-19 infection. Both the epidemiological/clinical evidence and the in silico findings may suggest that Covid-19 infection is a nAChR disease that could be prevented and may be controlled by nicotine. Nicotine would then sterically or allosterically compete with the SARS-CoV-2 binding to the nAChR. This legitimates the use of nicotine as a protective agent against SARS-CoV-2 infection and the subsequent deficits it causes in the CNS. Thus, in order to prevent the infection and the retro-propagation of the virus through the CNS, we plan a therapeutic assay against Covid-19 with nicotine (and other nicotinic agents) patches or other delivery methods (like sniffing/chewing) in hospitalized patients and in the general population

Qeios

The world of biochemistry is often a mysterious one. Just remember Penicilline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, toast said:

The world of biochemistry is often a mysterious one. Just remember Penicilline.

What started out as a common bread mold, which defended itself against bacteria, would later be grown on what plant medium?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Where I live, we are allowed to go to the beach again, but no sunbathing on the beach. The last thing they want is for us to get our activated vitamin D, and survive.

• Like 1