Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trip to the Mariana Trench on offer

Eldorado

"In a world-first, travel company EYOS Expeditions has teamed with private undersea diving company Caladan Oceanic to offer general members of the public an opportunity to join an upcoming expedition and dive to the bottom of the Mariana Trench in the western Pacific Ocean."

"Here's the catch: The company is only inviting three people to join the trip. Staff tell CNN Travel it's being offered on a first-come, first-serve basis, and they aren't releasing any details on the cost.

"But it's safe to assume it will be a minimum of $100,000, given dives to the Titanic were expected to cost travelers between $100,000-$200,000 per person."

Full monty at CNN: Link

• Haha 3

Hmmm... spend 100K to spend hours in a claustrophobic HELL, or go on a real vacay?  Decisions, decisions... :w00t:

• Haha 4

Not gonna lie, if it wasn't that expensive I would be interested. I mean how spooky must it be to be in the Oceanic Abyss?
Then again, it's just as well, since I'm not allowed to scuba dive due to my disabilities, so I'm probably not allowed to be on a submarine either.

• Like 6

All I can think of is The Temple by Lovecraft.

• Haha 1

I feel like a movie coming along ''The claustrophobic disaster at Mariana Trench''

• Haha 1