Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
19_Kilo

Can Quantum Entanglement Explain ESP?

312 posts in this topic

19_Kilo

Some physicists believe that the phenomenon of Quantum Particle Entanglement--which allows to different subatomic particles to communicate and respond to each other over vast distances-- might hold the key to understanding how some individuals are imbued with the gift of telepathy and other forms of Extra Sensory Perception...

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Telepathy_Science_or_Fiction17

• Like 1

drakonwick

We're in the beginning stages of even remotely understanding Quantum Entanglement! What you are considering is telepathy, and there is simply no amount of evidence for that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

papageorge1
3 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Some physicists believe that the phenomenon of Quantum Particle Entanglement--which allows to different subatomic particles to communicate and respond to each other over vast distances-- might hold the key to understanding how some individuals are imbued with the gift of telepathy and other forms of Extra Sensory Perception...

I believe in telepathy as thought waves in the mental plane (in a higher dimension and vibratory rate than detectable by the physical senses). I don't see how Quantum Entanglement as it is generally explained can account for the observed phenomena.

• Haha 1

John from Lowell

My understaning is that telepathy is an entangled state between two or more people. That it is a shared experience and not sending and/or receiving information.

John

psyche101
4 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Physics and belief aren't compatible. 

Nobody cares what they believe. What they can do is what being a physicist is all about.

• Like 7

RoofGardener
4 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

It's an interesting theory, @Tuco's Gas, but with only one problem. There has been no reproducible evidence of the existence of telepathy or ESP ! 

We might as well propose that Dark Matter explains the existence of the Loch Ness Monster, or that Pulsars explain Atlantis, or that Cosmic Rays explain Bigfoot ? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Rlyeh

Fakery explains ESP more than anything else.

• Like 6

Desertrat56
10 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

It could be a start.  The big problem I see is that people insist that our consciousness resides in the brain, still most are attached to a completely material perception of how things are and how things work, but for ESP, that does not fit the model and it can't be discounted 100% because there have been studies that proved it is for some an ability.

And for those of you who say "prove it", I say "prove me wrong" because obviously scientists are looking at this and trying to find an explanation or this would not be a thread on this forum.

• Like 4

19_Kilo
6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I believe in telepathy as thought waves in the mental plane (in a higher dimension and vibratory rate than detectable by the physical senses). I don't see how Quantum Entanglement as it is generally explained can account for the observed phenomena.

Two particles interacting from distances apart. As in miles, as in from Atlanta to London. Brain neurons have those same particles. You can figure out the rest. There is far more evidence of QE than higher planes of existence. Or other dimensions.

• Like 2

papageorge1
45 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Two particles interacting from distances apart. As in miles, as in from Atlanta to London. Brain neurons have those same particles. You can figure out the rest. 

The missing details of how a person can receive thoughts from many people and in particular just those they tune in with are enormous. I can see why the basics of this thinking can lead to a hope for an understanding of telepathy.

51 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

There is far more evidence of QE than higher planes of existence. Or other dimensions.

I am not doubting QE, but just its application here to telepathy. A large variety of paranormal phenomena (even beyond telepathy) has the best explanation in the model of additional planes/realms/dimensions to reality that are not directly detectable by the physical senses. Vedic and Theosophical and other wisdom traditions describe these things in considerable detail and provide a basic model of how telepathy works; that thought causes vibrations on a mental plane of reality that a focused psychically sensitive person can better receive than the average man. 

Plus there are also the psychically gifted that can perceive these planes and the operation occurring that together have provided a model which is strikingly detailed.

Desertrat56
29 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The missing details of how a person can receive thoughts from many people and in particular just those they tune in with are enormous. I can see why the basics of this thinking can lead to a hope for an understanding of telepathy.

I am not doubting QE, but just its application here to telepathy. A large variety of paranormal phenomena (even beyond telepathy) has the best explanation in the model of additional planes/realms/dimensions to reality that are not directly detectable by the physical senses. Vedic and Theosophical and other wisdom traditions describe these things in considerable detail and provide a basic model of how telepathy works; that thought causes vibrations on a mental plane of reality that a focused psychically sensitive person can better receive than the average man. 

Plus there are also the psychically gifted that can perceive these planes and the operation occurring that together have provided a model which is strikingly detailed.

I think people misunderstand telepathy and think it is the same as "mind reading".  It isn't.  I recognized that young children are telepathic when I was a child.  I noticed as an adult that some children are more open for longer than others.  Telepathy is a natural human ability.  Mind reading is not, it is a made up thing to make people think there is something wrong with telepathy.

• Like 4

XenoFish

Psychic abilities are not real.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

papageorge1
4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think people misunderstand telepathy and think it is the same as "mind reading".  It isn't.  I recognized that young children are telepathic when I was a child.  I noticed as an adult that some children are more open for longer than others.  Telepathy is a natural human ability.  Mind reading is not, it is a made up thing to make people think there is something wrong with telepathy.

I guess I never separated the terms 'telepathy' and 'mind reading'. And I don't know any stigma that says 'mind reading' is something wrong.

Desertrat56
1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

I guess I never separated the terms 'telepathy' and 'mind reading'. And I don't know any stigma that says 'mind reading' is something wrong.

Well, my experience is that people think mind reading means you can look inside their head and see what they are thinking at will.  Telepathy is a means of communication. 

• Like 2

Desertrat56
14 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Psychic abilities are not real.

Telepathy is not a psychic ability, it is a way of communicating that we are taught is wrong, work of the devil, or impossible.  And why is that?  To keep us under control.

• Like 1

XenoFish
3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Telepathy is not a psychic ability, it is a way of communicating that we are taught is wrong, work of the devil, or impossible.  And why is that?  To keep us under control.

Telepathy isn't real either. All this esoteric crap is well crap.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

XenoFish
5 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Telepathy is a means of communication. 

I think you need to clarify this. If you are talking body language, just say body language. The results of that are based mostly on experience and our mirror neurons. Nothing metaphysical at all. 

• Like 1

Desertrat56
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I think you need to clarify this. If you are talking body language, just say body language. The results of that are based mostly on experience and our mirror neurons. Nothing metaphysical at all. 

I am not talking about body language.  I am talking about getting information and giving information mentally.  I can't convince you of anything so don't ask me to try.  And that is not a cop out, it is your words on every subject - nothing but mental issues or wishful thinking.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

XenoFish
Just now, Desertrat56 said:

I am not talking about body language.  I am talking about getting information and giving information mentally.  I can't convince you of anything so don't ask me to try.

I know you can't convince me of something that does not exist. I've played that game for years and no one can produce results. No one can back their claims. So it simply does not exist. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Desertrat56
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I know you can't convince me of something that does not exist. I've played that game for years and no one can produce results. No one can back their claims. So it simply does not exist. 

I'm sorry your life is so sad, but that is your choice.  I have proven for myself, and obviously based on the OP scientists are investigating it, not to see if it is true, but quantum physics explain it scientifically.  So, someone knows it is real besides those of us who have experienced it.

Edited by Desertrat56

XenoFish

I'm sorry your life is so sad, but that is your choice.  I have proven for myself, and obviously based on the OP scientists are investigating it, not to see if it is true, but what could make it possible.

I don't know who's life is sadder. Those you convince themselves such things are true or those who know they are not. 

• Like 1

Desertrat56
7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I don't know who's life is sadder. Those you convince themselves such things are true or those who know they are not. 

Based on your posts I think I have an easier time with most things than you seem to.  You even say you aren't having it easy.

XenoFish

Based on your posts I think I have an easier time with most things than you seem to.  You even say you aren't having it easy.

That's because I have a growing dislike for the metaphysical. For the liars and snake oil salesmen. Those who pretend to be something they are not. No one has ever proven such abilities and no one ever will. No ghost, gods, psychic powers, nothing. None of that is real. Makes for decent stories, but that is it. Too much time wasted on such things. Roads to nowhere. 

• Thanks 1