Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Tuco's Gas

Can Quantum Entanglement Explain ESP?

98 posts in this topic

stereologist
4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

What people like to call telepathy, hell even empathy, is just our ability to recognize body language. We've got this thing call mirror neurons. So if we someone who's sad (might be subtle cues) we my very well feel sad. If you are of the mindset that if you think really hard about something, someone will receive a message of some kind. Results from that are anecdotal and highly subjective. Pretty much confirmation bias.

And that is why experiments need to be blinded. People pick up on these things and use them to figure out what is going on.

• Thanks 1

XenoFish
Just now, stereologist said:

And that is why experiments need to be blinded. People pick up on these things and use them to figure out what is going on.

Ever since "spooky action at a distance" took hold. The nutters attach it to everything, mystical, magical, spiritual, and paranormal. 

• Like 1

Tuco's Gas
4 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

It is only March, so Texas record heat hasn't happened yet.  What was the temp, 85?  And what part of Texas are you in.  I believe you did run, lots of people do in central Texas when it is over a hundred degrees, but 15 miles is the part I have trouble with.

By the way, you are not alone in experiencing telepathy, that is why I made sure to express that telepathy is not ESP nor is it mind reading.  But you are right most on this forum will not believe your experiences.  It is more likely you will find more people willing to believe you saw a UFO or ghost.  But even then, the "science" acolytes will have to weigh in, which means they are not scientists because instead of asking questions they insist that there is "no such thing"...

Please don't tell me about my own weather. Or call me a liar.

We had record heat for the date the past two days. It was 90 degrees. I'm a long distance runner. I live in Austin. 

ChrLzs
Posted (edited)

It seems Tuco would clearly much rather derail this and deflect the discussion away from the topic and regale us with more tales about his running.

Can anyone guess why he would do that, rather than just answer the simple request which I will now repeat...

Post the BEST example (in your opinion) of evidenced telepathy/ESP.

Let's start with that and remember that everything from there will be worse.......

We could always start with something from Derren Brown...  :D :D :D 

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

XenoFish

I did a psychic experiment on here once. Had people guess the amount of money in a brown envelope. Let if go for about a week, no one guess the truth. That there was no envelope. So yeah.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

joc
On 3/26/2020 at 3:22 PM, stereologist said:

1. Cities of gold do not exist in Texas

Tell that to the city manager of Frisco!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tuco's Gas
Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2020 at 7:43 AM, stereologist said:

No. That is a lie. There is nothing in mirror neurons that involves QE. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_neuron

There is nothing there that has anything at all to do with anything other than normal neuronal processes.

That's fairly accurate how mirror neurons work. During the neuronal process QE is taking place between the optic nerve of the witnessing person/animal and the muscular motor neurons of the person performing the witnessed action. 

Telepathy utilizes the same sort of QE, but between brain neurons. 

Hoping that this helps. 

https://medium.com/@Bentlight/telepathy-is-a-form-of-quantum-communication-e2e3aefce864

Edited by Tuco's Gas
  • Haha 1

Tuco's Gas
On 3/26/2020 at 4:58 PM, ChrLzs said:

It seems Tuco would clearly much rather derail this and deflect the discussion away from the topic and regale us with more tales about his running.

Can anyone guess why he would do that, rather than just answer the simple request which I will now repeat...

Post the BEST example (in your opinion) of evidenced telepathy/ESP.

Let's start with that and remember that everything from there will be worse.......

We could always start with something from Derren Brown...  :D :D :D 

Running reply in response to another responder basically calling me a liar. Had that not happened I'd have only mentioned it once as a metaphor for anecdotal evidence.

So why are you being such a douche?

I've now given several explanations and links re my belief on the QE/telepathy connect. I also said in my OP my most personally convincing evidence is anecdotal to others here. (See original running example). You obviously have some sort of cognitive dissonance and cannot grasp that principal.  It really sounds like I upset your precious but tenuous worldview with my ideas. That would explain  your douchey comments. 

Or maybe that just comes natural?

Agree or don't with me.  You would be amnazed at how little it matters to me. 

I close with one last article that is close to describing my hypothesis on QE/telepathy...

https://medium.com/@Bentlight/telepathy-is-a-form-of-quantum-communication-e2e3aefce864

• Haha 1

Imaginarynumber1
On 3/25/2020 at 11:34 PM, Tuco's Gas said:

What about 25 consecutive correct picks with Zener cards? Do you know the odds against that?

C'mon Do the math, don't be shy.

LOL 

I'll spare you the math. The odds are 1 in 25 quadrillion. 

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/how-one-man-used-a-deck-of-cards-to-make-parapsychology-a-science

I can do a magic trick where you can draw every single card from a deck and i can name them. What is the math on that?

• Like 2

Imaginarynumber1
8 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

That's fairly accurate how mirror neurons work. During the neuronal process QE is taking place between the optic nerve of the witnessing person/animal and the muscular motor neurons of the person performing the witnessed action. 

Tha... that's not how mirror neurons work. You using an old woo trick- adding woo-filled abilities to real things. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

joc
16 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I can do a magic trick where you can draw every single card from a deck and i can name them. What is the math on that?

Alright you are on!   I just shuffled the deck and drew the first card...what is it?

• Like 1

Imaginarynumber1
Just now, joc said:

Alright you are on!   I just shuffled the deck and drew the first card...what is it?

I have to be psychically prepared first. Your negativity is causing fluctuations in my quantum magnetic resonance brainfield chakras.

Hold on.. let me burn some sage to cleanse the auras and prepare the astral entanglement of my spiritual anus to a higher vibration so that i can psionically see that you drew....

the 7 of clubs!

• Haha 2

onlookerofmayhem
8 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

I close with one last article that is close to describing my hypothesis on QE/telepathy...

This link is filled with way too many could bes and assertions that have no demonstrated examples. It sounds like ancient aliens. 

"This allows for communication channels to be linked with other realms. Paranormal/Extraterrestrial realms."

"The particles could have been entangled at birth and even when a baby is conceived a flash of light is seen as the sperm enters a egg. This flash of light is important. That single flash could be the moment consciousness is transferred into the body."

"Our soul is extraterrestrial. When we leave this earth our memories and thoughts kept safe in our consciousness is teleported via Quantum Entanglement somewhere else in this universe. Which means our consciousness was Quantum Entangled here from that very place."

"Advanced civilizations in our universe could have developed technology to project their consciousness to Earth. Using humans or any living species on Earth as biological machines to experience life in physical form."

"Some of these advanced forms of life could have evolved from their physical bodies to be non-physical forms of energy."

"This technology could be adapted to build communication channels to other universes or dimensions if needed."

Sorry Tuco, but the examples you have provided are not very coherent in connecting QE to anything tangible. 

• Like 3

joc
7 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I have to be psychically prepared first. Your negativity is causing fluctuations in my quantum magnetic resonance brainfield chakras.

Hold on.. let me burn some sage to cleanse the auras and prepare the astral entanglement of my spiritual anus to a higher vibration so that i can psionically see that you drew....

the 7 of clubs!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!  You are good! :nw:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

XenoFish

https://bigthink.com/mind-brain/mirror-neurons-smiling

Read the link. Perhaps it will be easier for some to understand why I have such a grudge against supposed "psychic empathy". Mostly because it isn't psychic at all. 

• Like 2

stereologist
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Hoping that this helps. 

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Chemistry is determined by QM. QM does not imply the existence of QE. 

This is  just some idiotic made up baloney: "During the neuronal process QE is taking place between the optic nerve of the witnessing person/animal and the muscular motor neurons of the person performing the witnessed action. "

No matter what falsehoods you post it is easy to pick them out and reveal them as falsehoods.

Your link is the sort of hogwash fed to the extremely gullible. Here is a laughable claim from this author who knows nothing at all about what they are blathering about.

Once linked data can be transmitted instantaneously regardless of there distance apart.

Edited by stereologist
  • Thanks 1

Tuco's Gas
1 minute ago, stereologist said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Chemistry is determined by QM. QM does not imply the existence of QE. 

This is  just some idiotic made up baloney: "During the neuronal process QE is taking place between the optic nerve of the witnessing person/animal and the muscular motor neurons of the person performing the witnessed action. "

No matter what falsehoods you post it is easy to pick them out and reveal them as falsehoods.

Oh how some are compelled to mock and denigrate what they fail to comprehend.  Tsk tsk.

stereologist
2 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Oh how some are compelled to mock and denigrate what they fail to comprehend.  Tsk tsk.

Clearly you choose to be clueless.

Those studying QM and QE know it cannot be used to communicate. But you choose to believe in some laughable joke of a site you linked to. Please continue to not learn if that makes you happy

• Thanks 1

XenoFish
4 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

And you have done such a stellar job explaining it to us. *golf clap*

• Thanks 1

stereologist

Look at the ludicrous comments form someone that can' even understand units of measure.

In one cm of sunlight there are 100’s of millions of photons.

What sort of mutton head writes that and then expects people to believe them?

What about this stupid set of sentences?

Electrical circuits in the human body that send and receive information use light to transmit that data. Electricity is a form of visible light and this light is transmitted amongst all the Neurons inside the body with majority of the Neurons in the brain.

1. Electrical signals in the body use ions, not light.
  2. Electricity is not a form of visible light. It is the movement of charged particles.

What a bunch of ignorance posted in so small a space!

• Like 2

ChrLzs

Tuco, we are waiting for you to address the blatant error you made above where you endorsed a FRAUD, namely J. B. Rhine.  Have you done your reading about that yet?  Or do you need to be spoonfed with some actual quotes?

It seems all you can do is whine and then give links that you don't read, check or understand.

• Like 2

Emma_Acid
On 3/28/2020 at 8:51 PM, Tuco's Gas said:

Hoping that this helps. 

I'm sorry, but this is just plain wrong, and that article is garbage. Do you actually believe that the "soul is extraterrestrial and our memories are teleported to other parts of the universe"? it's total nonsense wrapped up in physics woo. And this is coming from someone who originally claimed to understand quantum physics.

• Thanks 2