Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oprah trashes QAnon conspiracy theory

Eldorado

"Oprah Winfrey was forced to debunk an outrageous QAnon-sourced conspiracy theory that she was arrested for her role in a global sex-trafficking ring."

"Winfrey’s name began trending on Twitter Tuesday night, thanks to a conspiracy theory that began with a viral QAnon Facebook post that started circulating over the weekend, The Washington Post reports."

Full report at Rolling Stone: Link

And the NZ Herald: Link

QAnon: Wikipedia

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

I hope everyone knows that the QAnon garbage is supposed to follow this pattern:

• Everything QAnon reports is true
  • Except when the lie is there to protect the believers

So what is there to lie about to protect the individual following the reports from QAnon? Nothing. To the QAnon believer this must be true.

• 11 months later...

While Oprah Winfrey’s bombshell interview with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle made compelling viewing and provoked a flurry of reaction around the world, QAnon conspiracy theorists had their own unique take.

They believe that Oprah was wearing an ankle monitor underneath the leather boots she wore when she sat down with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

As the rest of the world reacted to the accusations of racism, contemplations of suicide, and royal rifts, supporters of QAnon began to debate what they believed was the object they claimed to see inside Oprah’s boot.

MSN

• Like 1

They did the same thing to Tom Hanks claiming he moved to Greece to escape charges of child abuse, when in fact he became a duel citizen because Hanks is actually part Greek and he felt becoming part of the country gave him a sense of his heritage.  They also said he was being held in Australia until he could be returned to the USA to be indited when in fact he was there to film a movie and also could not leave because 1. He had Covid and 2. There was already travel restrictions being put into place.  

• Like 2

On 4/1/2020 at 8:05 AM, Robotic Jew said:

I wish we could live in a world where there weren't people dumb enough to believe crap like Qanon...

I know it was before Qanon, but 20 years ago there were conspiracies' about politicians and celebrities being photographed having sex with underage girls in order to blackmail them. They were dismissed (even on this site back in 2008) with the usual "someone would talk". 

Epstein anyone?

Around the same time there were conspiracies about young male actors in Hollywood being abused, or producers who demanded sexual favors for roles.

Maybe Qanon takes things too far, but there have been conspiracies occurring at all times in human history from the Romans to Hitler. Do you think we live at the only point in time where conspiracies are not happening?

Edited by Hugh Mungus
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

37 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

I know it was before Qanon, but 20 years ago there were conspiracies' about politicians and celebrities being photographed having sex with underage girls in order to blackmail them. They were dismissed (even on this site back in 2008) with the usual "someone would talk". 

Epstein anyone?

Around the same time there were conspiracies about young male actors in Hollywood being abused, or producers who demanded sexual favors for roles.

Maybe Qanon takes things too far, but there have been conspiracies occurring at all times in human history from the Romans to Hitler. Do you think we live at the only point in time where conspiracies are not happening?

Well I don't think anyone denies conspiracies, its the fact some are more far out there then others. For example Qanon claimed Wayfair was selling children based on the names of cabinets that were apparently named after missing children when in fact most of them were found. In addition i'm sure anyone can find products with their name on it. In addition they take it too far with the Satanic panic stuff. Also in terms of Epstein there was evidence. Much of what Qanon says is not based on evidence but rather what is read on 4chan, Reddit etc. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Wait a minute.  When someone abuses someone else, it is not necessarily a conspiracy.  It is often an arrogant and psychopathic assh*** who thinks they can get away with it.. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Wait a minute.  When someone abuses someone else, it is not necessarily a conspiracy.  It is often an arrogant and psychopathic assh*** who thinks they can get away with it.. 

Simply put human nature. No conspiracy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/31/2020 at 2:05 PM, Robotic Jew said:

I wish we could live in a world where there weren't people dumb enough to believe crap like Qanon...

Agreed.  It'd be helpful if millions didn't seek the guidance of some billionaire, new-age witch, either.  But... here we are...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Epstein anyone?

It appears you don't know what the word conspiracy means. You need to be clear about this before commenting on the topic of conspiracies.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Read the stories about underage teen boys being passed from producer to producer and tell me there wasn't a conspiracy 

14 hours ago, ted hughes said:

It appears you don't know what the word conspiracy means. You need to be clear about this before commenting on the topic of conspiracies.

What definition are you using? Try the dictionary 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Read the stories about underage teen boys being passed from producer to producer and tell me there wasn't a conspiracy 

Greetings Hugh, I guess you got me.  By definition, a conspiracy requires only two people to fit the definition.  It seems rather trivial and sensational, but meets the strict definition.. Two junior high school boys who throw eggs at a girl's house are a conspiracy by definition. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

It seems rather trivial and sensational, but meets the strict definition.

"Trivial and sensational" that entertainment executives would engage in coordinated trafficking of young people?

Your dedication to protecting those monsters is notable.

Let me guess...3,000 people dying on 9/11 was, to you, merely because "some people did something".  Right?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ian hacktorp said:

"Trivial and sensational" that entertainment executives would engage in coordinated trafficking of young people?

Let me guess...3,000 people dying on 9/11 was, to you, merely because "some people did something".  Right?

Who is defending them? no one denies abuse goes on in Hollywood, it happens in all institutions. And why are you bringing up 9/11?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

Who is defending them?

Anyone who characterizes their sick, predatory behavior as "trivial", I'd think.

Sorry about the 9/11 reference.  I could have left that out.

Edited by ian hacktorp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ian hacktorp said:

Hi Ian.  9/11 is the perfect dictionary example of the use of the word conspiracy.   You can guess again if you like.

When it is used several times a day to invoke trembling fear and unfocused outrage, it becomes a trigger word,  trivialized and sensational.   The bell rings and the dog salivates and it doesn't even need to think about why.

I am not advocating protection of monsters.  I said they were psychopathic assh****. They need to be prosecuted.  Their crimes are terrible enough as individuals.

Fair is fair, let me take a guess.

People that focus on conspiracy don't really care about the victims, they are strangers.  But if  they call it a conspiracy, then they themselves are potential victims of an unknown force.  Much mere personal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I am not advocating protection of monsters.

I'm very glad to hear that.

They're bad people, after all.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Greetings Hugh, I guess you got me.  By definition, a conspiracy requires only two people to fit the definition.  It seems rather trivial and sensational, but meets the strict definition.. Two junior high school boys who throw eggs at a girl's house are a conspiracy by definition. 

He didn't get you. I'll post further, because he didn't get me, either. Hugh throws in something he has read and not fully understood and them claims he has "schooled " someone.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ian hacktorp said:

You misunderstood. Tatetopa was replying to Hugh, who misunderstood was the word 'conspiracy' means. Like a lot of words the meaning is dependent on context.

• Like 2

I saw a conspiracy of girls all going to the bathroom at once! Are they MOLESTING INNOCENT CHILDREN TO TURN THEM TRANSGENDER?! D:

Guys, you need to stop with this self sealing conspiracy nonsense, Q has always, always, gotten it wrong, and at this point it's just getting sad. It's like with me and God, show me proof the thing exists, and I'll go along with it, but until you have that, you're just barking in the dark.

Hugh's post is below  (I can't quote it for some reason).

Hugh, I think you are one of those people who plays games with semantics.

It is quite clear what is mean by "conspiracy" in ordinary language and in legal language. No one in their right mind, not even a barrister, will look into the etymology of words which are commonly understood; we would never be able to move forward in an argument if that was the case.

911 clearly was a conspiracy- a lot of people were involved in planning and carrying out the crimes.

Qanon (is that what they are called?) are talking about this kind of conspiracy, though about different things obviously.

The fact that lots of people carry out similar crimes does not mean there is a conspiracy. 

In the UK a load of entertainer have been jailed or convicted of paedophilia. It doesn't mean there was a conspiracy.

On 3/8/2021 at 10:15 PM, Tatetopa said:

On 3/9/2021 at 2:36 AM, ted hughes said:

What definition are you using? Try the dictionary 

•  
  • Like 2

On 3/8/2021 at 9:23 PM, Hugh Mungus said:

Epstein anyone?

This is where you go wrong right at the beginning, Hugh. Stories about conspiracies are not conspiracies themselves.  Now, if you substitute the word "story" for "conspiracy" what you say makes sense. You can even say "stories about conspiracies" and that would also make sense. But you can't say there were "conspiracies about" because that doesn't make sense. 

To give an example, it would make sense to say "we have heard, or there are stories, about conspiracies amongst politicians and celebrities", but you can't say" there is a conspiracy about celebrities and politicians" because it doesn't make sense. You could say "there are conspiracy theories about celebrities and politicians" but that would mean something quite different, that would be making a statement about the theories not the people.

I honestly don't want to sound mean. And I am sure you mean well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1