Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Corona virus conspiracies

stereologist

23. The virus was engineered by the UK Government to distract from Bozo's disastrous Brexit negotiations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, acute said:

23. The virus was engineered by the UK Government to distract from Bozo's disastrous Brexit negotiations.

24. The virus was engineered by Scott Tissue in conjunction with Bayer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I note that after item 10, you no longer prefixed them with "There is a rumour that.."

Aha!  I knew all the rest were true, and now we have it straight from what must be an Illuminati reptilian... don't try to deny it, Stereo..

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, acute said:

25.  It was created as a response to Brexit and an excuse to cancel Eurovision - realising the there was no hope in discovering the next Buck's Fizz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

I'm embarrassed for my fellow citizens, who've been duped liked naive children. 

No possibility that you may be wrong?  I assume that if you're wrong, you'll admit it, here?  We are watching a GLOBAL economic shutdown.  You believe that there is something a government or corporate entity would so benefit from that nuking the global economy would be worth it?  Also, we are being told that we'll see evidence of this scourge within 14 DAYS... that's kind of near term for them to be scamming us, innit?

I certainly hope you are correct.  I had plans for later in the year that won't work if I'm DEAD... :w00t:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

25.  It was created as a response to Brexit and an excuse to cancel Eurovision - realising that there was no hope since ABBA.

@acute  I fixed it for him. :yes:

• Haha 9

All Hail, Amazon :nw:

:lol:

Edited by Festina

3 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Simply ask yourself: "who benefits?"

So things only happen under the control of someone who benefits?  :wacko:

Sounds, at best, just a tad close-minded to me.  Evolution is, after all, pretty widely accepted, and in that sense it is a natural and inevitable process, just like earthquakes, avalanches.....  The fact that we *can* fiddle with genes to some extent, does not necessarily mean anyone did.  By anyone I mean, of course, your most hated ebil basterds....

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Well, if you like conspiracy theories, here is one.

Greatest benefit seems to be to the conservatives and Trump loyalists.  Maybe a deep cover conservative group brought it into the US from China.

What possible facts would align with that?

No action was taken for the first couple of weeks.

While other countries were beginning to self quarantine, all right wing media, including Fox and many right wing politicians downplayed the effects or said it was a Democratic hoax.  The encouraged people to go out, go to work, defy  quarantine requests.

This gave the virus  several more weeks to spread through crowds.

The US closed its borders after the virus was already in the country, too late.  Maybe by design. .  In a mad rush US citizens abroad began coming home.  They congregated from many sites of possible exposure into huge crowds and hours long lines at customs ports of entry, Again, a foreseeable outcome but no action was taken (by design?)  Perfect for infecting many people.  Then all of those people dispersed across the country to their families.  The infection spread.  Meanwhile, the greatest country in the world, the US, was unable  to match the South Korean ability to mobilize massive testing immediately.  Ridiculous on the face of it  but, more conservative interference to keep the disease spreading.

As the virus spreads, what the heck benefit is that?

Homeless and poor will be hard hit, most will not get much medical care.  Conservatives think these people are a drain on our society.  They will save  their precious tax dollars from welfare cheats..

Prisoners are at higher risks. Death rate may be higher.  Lawless people who conservatives also think should be more severely punished than the liberal judges do currently.

Old people will have a higher mortality rate.  Again, another group that conservatives think are a drain on our society.  

More animosity to foreigners and even non-white American citizens with Asian backgrounds.Another reason to blame them.

Increased gun sales, people are afraid the neighbors or roving bands of thugs will try to take their toilet paper.  Gotta love that   2A folks can point to that and say, "See, everybody needs to be armed.  You need those assault rifles for the looters."

Finally a huge amount of money to bail out corporations who were too greedy to plan for this.  In order to bear the costs, the conservatives will say we have to cut something.

The perfect opportunity to eliminate welfare, Medicare, and social security.

No questions or complaints, the president is the ultimate leader.

Conservative Heaven.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Simply ask yourself first. And let me know.

It's a government manufactured hoax sum scare. And they're using the media to do their fear mongering.

Which government exactly? Which one out of ca. 100? Curious.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

It's a government manufactured hoax sum scare.

Which government?  The Italian, the French or the Spanish?

• Like 6

Most likely is it was introduced by football fans who do not support Liverpool, as the only means of preventing them winning the League for the first time in decades :ph34r:

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, stereologist said:

There is a rumor that it was unleashed by big pharma to sell a vaccine

Where is the vaccine?

10 hours ago, stereologist said:

There is a rumor that the outbreak was predicted by psychics

Can we put the blame on them for not telling anyone before it started?

Obviously they did not predict it, but I say lock them up anyway. 

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Piney said:

@acute  I fixed it for him. :yes:

How can we possibly pick a favourite between Abs and The Fizz?

The only reason I've got more Abba than Bucks Fizz is because they made more albums.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Essan said:

Most likely is it was introduced by football fans who do not support Liverpool, as the only means of preventing them winning the League for the first time in decades :ph34r:

This happened to Milan years back. Its not over til its over.

IMG-20200319-WA0000.jpg

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

Where is the vaccine?

Can we put the blame on them for not telling anyone before it started?

Obviously they did not predict it, but I say lock them up anyway. 

There is s fraud on this site that claimed they predicted it but when you read their prediction you can see they are being once again untruthful.

There is also the claim that a book written by a psychic also predicted the disease, but that too is untruthful.

Where is the vaccine? Apparently, the idea that it is being withheld until Bill Gates or some other person decides people are so desperate they will pay anything to get it.

• Thanks 3

So far I scraped the conspiracies from online sources.

My favorite is that an underpaid lab tech went out and sold lab animals as pets. The story is about naïve innocence. 

Here is 25 and I made it up.

25. The disease is being dispersed by liberals in congress to push conservatives out of the house because they can't vote unless they are physically present at meetings.

• Haha 4

Apparently the notion that the US is waging a war again China using biological weapons is not new.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/03/17/us-china-coronavirus-blame-game-conspiracies-are-getting-dangerous/

Desperate to divert the world’s attention from the POW debacle, on Feb. 22, 1952, the Communist Party’s mouthpiece, the People’s Daily, claimed that U.S. forces were waging biological warfare against China. An international commission, organized by the Soviet-controlled World Peace Council and staffed by leftists from the West, predictably corroborated the charges. But the allegations were bogus. According to material in the Soviet archives, Lavrenty Beria, then head of Soviet intelligence, noted that the Chinese created “false plague regions” and were dressing up ordinary burials as those of germ-warfare victims.

And there is even a government spokesman in China that is out there pushing the conspiracy angle.

Flash-forward to 2020, and the Chinese government is doing it again. Beijing officials have launched an international propaganda campaign to induce doubt into the widely accepted view that the coronavirus originated in central China. And as it did in 1952, China says the United States could be the source of the virus.

At the center of these accusations is a spokesman at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs named Lijian Zhao, who has become famous for his in-your-face Twitter feed, even though, ironically, the social media platform is banned inside China. On March 12, Zhao suggested that “it might be the US Army who brought the epidemic to Wuhan…. US owe us an explanation!”

Expect the craziness to continue.

And it’s only going to get worse. On Tuesday, China announced that it was planning to expel reporters working in China for The Washington Post, the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal. The move was made in response to far less draconian limits instituted by the Trump administration on Chinese reporters in the United States.

By cutting off the flow of information, China guaranteed that the conspiracy virus is going to keep spreading.

• Like 2

https://www.wired.com/story/coronavirus-conspiracy-theories/

Falsehoods about coronavirus fall into two major categories: conspiracy theories about the origins of the illness and misinformation about miracle cures.

That does seem to be the case. I would also add that there are conspiracies about the spread of the disease as well as the origin. The idea that black people cannot get the disease, or the notion that it is being introduced into Iran by the US, or that it is intended to be used for nationwide lockdown are separate from the two major categories.

• Like 2

Idris Elba slams conspiracy that COVID-19 doesn’t infect Black people

https://thegrio.com/2020/03/18/idris-elba-slams-conspiracy-theory/

Where it came from:

“Chinese doctors confirmed African blood genetic composition resist coronavirus after student cured,” reads the headline of 14 February 2020 article on the site Af.feednews.com."

Africa Check: https://africacheck.org/fbcheck/no-african-blood-and-black-skin-dont-resist-new-coronavirus/

• Like 3

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/02/27/fox-news-right-wing-media-conspiracy-theories-coronavirus-covid-19-column/4886082002/

That evening, Fox News prime-time host Tucker Carlson also blamed the emergence of the virus on Chinese culture, erroneously claiming it was a result of people consuming animals “alive.”

Nothing like being a dumb ass on national tv unless of course you believe everything a dumb ass says on national tv.

I loved this comment. It's the sort of desperate plea heard about BF and UFOs and whatever. It reminds me of Dumb and Dumber where Carrey begs for her to change her mind from there is zero chance for a date and say sure there is a 1 in million chance she'd date him. He gets all excited that there is a chance.

The Daily Caller, a right-wing website founded by Carlson, chose instead to focus on Cuccinelli’s statement that he couldn’t “absolutely” rule it out.

26. The disease is being used to help the Bernie Sanders campaign.

• Like 6

Here is more on the angle that the disease came from the US and not China. These are comments from the Chinese media.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/12/conspiracy-theory-that-coronavirus-originated-in-us-gaining-traction-in-china

“The US has finally acknowledged that among those who had died of the influenza previously were cases of the coronavirus. The true source of the virus was the US!” one commentator said. “The US owes the world, especially China, an apology,” another said. “American coronavirus,” one wrote.

Here is a comment on why the Chinese are working so hard to claim that the disease did not originate in China.

“We might be heading into first global recession caused by Chinese Communist party mismanagement,” wrote Bill Bishop, author of the China newsletter Sinocism. “Previous manmade disasters in China since 1949 never really spread outside the People’s Republic of China’s borders in meaningful ways.”

“This time looks to be different … And that is likely one of the reasons the propaganda apparatus and PRC officials are pushing so hard the idea that virus may not have originated in China,” he wrote.

“This is a propaganda effort aimed at the domestic audience. Among the Chinese public, there is a general awareness that delays in notifying the public led to many more infections in Wuhan,” said Victor Shih, a politics professor at the University of California, San Diego.

• Like 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked