Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Corona virus conspiracies

stereologist

Let the idiots do their best... 

[00.02:15]

~

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

The perfect opportunity to eliminate welfare, Medicare, and social security.

No questions or complaints, the president is the ultimate leader.

Conservative Heaven.

So if you repeat an obvious lie long enough... it becomes true when people get sick of denying it?  A lot of us may be chatting about an entirely DIFFERENT type of "heaven" over the coming months.  The hate in politics isn't going to comfort those of us who die or are burying our loved ones.  In fact, this place (UM) may be the only place we have to come to to vent feelings.  I'd suggest we all begin to think about that a little more seriously.

• Like 1

Maybe some of that list thing is actually can revealed as "true"

• Like 1

28. Drinking alcohol cures the disease

This rumor led to a number of deaths in Iran.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2020/03/10/44-dead-iran-drinking-toxic-alcohol-fake-coronavirus-cure/5009761002/

Iranian media reports that at least 44 people have died from alcohol poisoning and hundreds have been hospitalized after consuming bootleg alcohol in an effort to treat the coronavirus. 

The Middle Eastern country, which has been especially hit hard by the coronavirus – with 8,042 confirmed cases and at least 291 deaths as of Tuesday – has struggled to prevent the spread of the virus.

The majority of deaths attributed to the coronavirus in the Middle East are in Iran.

A false rumor has circulated throughout the country that drinking alcohol can cure or prevent the coronavirus. Drinking alcohol is prohibited in the country.

Some citizens, according to Iran Health Ministry official Ali Ehsanpour, drank alcohol that substituted toxic methanol for ethanol, using bleach to mask the color. Seven bootleggers have been arrested.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/19/2020 at 11:31 AM, Tuco's Gas said:

Want to find which conspiracy theory is true?

Simply ask yourself: "who benefits?"

A question popularized by the age-old Latin phrase, "cui bono?"

It never fails, this practice, when attempting to discern the origin of anything: A law, a rule, new policy, manufactured economic practces...and conspiracy theories. "Cui Bono" is a staple in politics, law enforcement, economics, etc.

Over 30 million Americans have had the flu this year. 

Nearly 20,000 have died.

Corona? A few thousand cases in the U.S. with a handful of deaths. More people die every day from auto accidents than have died since the alleged Corona outbreak.

It's a government manufactured hoax sum scare. And they're using the media to do their fear mongering. Not quite sure yet in which area their gonna benefit. Prolly thru vaccine monies when the vax is announced in, oh, I'm guessing 2-3 weeks. Let the Steeple get a little more scared first.

Wait till they clamor for the vaccine. 

Every time I go to the grocery store and see the bare shelves I'm embarrassed for my fellow citizens, who've been duped liked naive children. 

Yeah, no.

Who benefited from World War One? Neutral countries in Europe, such as Spain. According to the cui bono principle, Spain must have been responsible for World War One.

Who benefited from the invention of the car? Rulers of Arabia and other oil-rich nations. According to the cui bono principle, the car must have been invented by Arabs.

Who benefits from broken windows? Glaziers. Obviously glaziers are running around smashing windows...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

29. The coronoavirus pandemic has also been nicknamed the "boomer remover". It was released by some young scientists to remove older less productive people from the planet to ensure long term success of social security and other plans for the elderly.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Peter B said:

Yeah, no.

Who benefited from World War One? Neutral countries in Europe, such as Spain. According to the cui bono principle, Spain must have been responsible for World War One.

Who benefited from the invention of the car? Rulers of Arabia and other oil-rich nations. According to the cui bono principle, the car must have been invented by Arabs.

Who benefits from broken windows? Glaziers. Obviously glaziers are running around smashing windows...

Another problem with the cui bono principle is that it presupposes that a given event was brought about by humans. It sort of falls apart in the case of natural events. Otherwise you have some very strange situations:

The people who benefited from the Black Death were the surviving peasants of Europe, as a labour shortage meant they could ask for higher wages. Therefore the Black Death was caused by...the surviving peasants of Europe...?

• Like 2

30. The name coronavirus was changed to Covid-19 because the Corona beer company was going out of business as people began to suspect that the infection came from a failed brewing operation.

• Haha 2

On 3/18/2020 at 11:00 PM, stereologist said:

1. There is a rumor that it is a Chinese bioweapon that escaped a lab
  2. There is a rumor that it is a US bioweapon unleashed in China
  3. The disease contains DNA sequences from HIV

(point 3 above was originally point 21 in the OP )

These 'rumours' are touched on in the following video - 

Video description

Francis Boyle is a professor of international law at the University of Illinois College of Law. He drafted the U.S. domestic implementing legislation for the Biological Weapons Convention, known as the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989, that was approved unanimously by both Houses of the U.S. Congress and signed into law by President George H.W. Bush.

In an exclusive interview given to Geopolitics and Empire, Dr. Boyle discusses the coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan, China and the Biosafety Level 4 laboratory (BSL-4) from which he believes the infectious disease escaped. He believes the virus is potentially lethal and an offensive biological warfare weapon or dual-use biowarfare weapons agent genetically modified with gain of function properties, which is why the Chinese government originally tried to cover it up and is now taking drastic measures to contain it. The Wuhan BSL-4 lab is also a specially designated World Health Organization (WHO) research lab and Dr. Boyle contends that the WHO knows full well what is occurring. Link to original interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5snzK...

Academic Papers Mentioned: 1, The spike glycoprotein of the new coronavirus 2019-nCoV contains a furin-like cleavage site absent in CoV of the same clade https://www.sciencedirect.com/science 2. SARS-like cluster of circulating bat coronavirus pose threat for human emergence https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc 3. Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) proteins of different bat species confer variable susceptibility to SARS-CoV entry https://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=ht...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2020 at 11:00 PM, stereologist said:

There is  rumor it came from bats or snakes

Two of the Academic Papers listed in the Video Description (in my previous post) features Bats...

The quote below is from this one....

(In the video Prof. Francis Boyle talks about SARS being a weaponized Corona Virus and this one that is spreading around the world now he says is even more infectious version with genetically engineered SARS and HIV ..... @ 5:55.... )

The discovery of SARS-like coronavirus in bats suggests that bats could be the natural reservoir of SARS-CoV. However, previous studies indicated the angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) protein, a known SARS-CoV receptor, from a horseshoe bat was unable to act as a functional receptor for SARS-CoV. Here, we extended our previous study to ACE2 molecules from seven additional bat species and tested their interactions with human SARS-CoV spike protein using both HIV-based pseudotype and live SARS-CoV infection assays. The results show that ACE2s of Myotis daubentoni and Rhinolophus sinicus support viral entry mediated by the SARS-CoV S protein, albeit with different efficiency in comparison to that of the human ACE2. Further, the alteration of several key residues either decreased or enhanced bat ACE2 receptor efficiency, as predicted from a structural modeling study of the different bat ACE2 molecules. These data suggest that M. daubentoni and R. sinicus are likely to be susceptible to SARS-CoV and may be candidates as the natural host of the SARS-CoV progenitor viruses. Furthermore, our current study also demonstrates that the genetic diversity of ACE2 among bats is greater than that observed among known SARS-CoV susceptible mammals, highlighting the possibility that there are many more uncharacterized bat species that can act as a reservoir of SARS-CoV or its progenitor viruses. This calls for continuation and expansion of field surveillance studies among different bat populations to eventually identify the true natural reservoir of SARS-CoV.
  • Like 3

On 3/20/2020 at 8:26 AM, Great Old Man said:

Maybe some of that list thing is actually can revealed as "true"

Maybe some can be revealed as "true"  -

I think it is a man made bio weapon virus but whether it has been released accidentally or on purpose - well that's the big question -

And that question would generate the creation of a long list of possibilities and speculation... and rumours  :) 

• Like 3

On 3/19/2020 at 12:31 AM, Tuco's Gas said:

It's a government manufactured hoax sum scare. And they're using the media to do their fear mongering. Not quite sure yet in which area their gonna benefit. Prolly thru vaccine monies when the vax is announced in, oh, I'm guessing 2-3 weeks. Let the Steeple get a little more scared first.

I think the virus is real and is a BIG problem - but it's also being used to further certain agendas...

and the MSM are playing their part in it all - their usual Mind Control stuff.... <_<

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Peter B said:

Yeah, no.

Textbook example of "spurious correlation"

On 3/19/2020 at 12:53 AM, and then said:

No possibility that you may be wrong?  I assume that if you're wrong, you'll admit it, here?  We are watching a GLOBAL economic shutdown.  You believe that there is something a government or corporate entity would so benefit from that nuking the global economy would be worth it?  Also, we are being told that we'll see evidence of this scourge within 14 DAYS... that's kind of near term for them to be scamming us, innit?

I certainly hope you are correct.  I had plans for later in the year that won't work if I'm DEAD... :w00t:

The usual scallywags :rolleyes: - the Globalists - are probably either behind it all or are taking advantage of it....

After Brexit, The Trump Presidency and the rise of Populism they had to counter attack and put the peasants back in their place - 
and taking their money off them (and everything else) and grounding them will show them who's boss and prepare for the next stage they have planned.... ?????????? :w00t:

(speculation....... serious speculation....)

56 minutes ago, bee said:

Maybe some can be revealed as "true"  -

I think it is a man made bio weapon virus but whether it has been released accidentally or on purpose - well that's the big question -

And that question would generate the creation of a long list of possibilities and speculation... and rumours  :) 

The most disturbing aspect of this is that in our world today, we seem to have lost all hold of objective reality.  There is just the noise of propaganda and the choice of beliefs instead of truth.  China could have released this on purpose or by accident but they'll never be held accountable for it.  I guess if millions die and the anger becomes loud enough it could sink their economy but that could also lead to a hot war in their neighborhood.  

One thing is certain, the CCP is NOT going away quietly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, and then said:

Textbook example of "spurious correlation"

Do you mind expanding on your comment, please.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 8:14 AM, stereologist said:

29. The coronoavirus pandemic has also been nicknamed the "boomer remover". It was released by some young scientists to remove older less productive people from the planet to ensure long term success of social security and other plans for the elderly.

Logan's run.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2020 at 10:00 AM, stereologist said:

I'm sure this is a short list of conspiracy theories surrounding this now pandemic

Wow, that is a great big list of conspiracy theories.  You might even call it a conspiracy pandemic:D

On the other hand, isn't it great what Covid-19 is doing for the environment?  Say, I reckon I could turn that into a conspiracy theory...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

On the other hand, isn't it great what Covid-19 is doing for the environment?  Say, I reckon I could turn that into a conspiracy theory...

As a Amerindian I appreciate the irony of a zoonotic disease tearing up Europeans....... 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

Wow, that is a great big list of conspiracy theories.  You might even call it a conspiracy pandemic:D

Thanks for reminding me. I heard another idea the other night.

31. The Covid-19 outbreak is another example of the Gaia hypothesis. This conspiracy theory is that life on Earth has had it with humans and is working to reduce that threat. The powers that be in this case is the biomass of the Earth against us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_hypothesis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Thanks for reminding me. I heard another idea the other night.

31. The Covid-19 outbreak is another example of the Gaia hypothesis. This conspiracy theory is that life on Earth has had it with humans and is working to reduce that threat. The powers that be in this case is the biomass of the Earth against us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_hypothesis

There ya go.  That didn't take much prompting, did it? :lol:

12 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

There ya go.  That didn't take much prompting, did it? :lol:

The Gaia hypothesis has been talked about by high school age students for a while. I heard about it from a student that presented the class with an essay he wrote on the subject.

https://theweek.com/articles/899439/coronavirus-environmental-wakeup-call

https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/3825511/posts

• Like 2

As Dave Barry used to write in  his columns "I am not making this up".

32. A coworker has confirmed that an audio clip is being passed around the internet that is in Cantonese. It is a woman's voice claiming that she had a baby recently. At birth the baby told her that eating a hard boiled egg would prevent the coronavirus. Then the baby died. The women was encouraging everyone to eat hard boiled eggs as her baby had warned her to do.

I swear I did not make this up.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I found an article concerning item #32.

https://laotiantimes.com/2020/02/07/why-lao-people-rushing-to-eat-eggs-to-fight-the-new-coronavirus/

In the aftermath of the discovery of a Chinese tourist infected with the coronavirus, a new wildly shared digital phenomenon has hit Lao social media. One version of the rumor has it that a baby, within moments after having been born, prophetically instructed his parents (a Luang Namtha father and Luang Prabang mother) each to eat an egg in order to protect themselves against the new Coronavirus. The boiled egg must also have been eaten on 6 February, deemed to be an auspicious day. More interestingly, the baby claims to have been sent by Heaven to warn people of impending doom (the Coronavirus).

• Haha 2

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked