Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Corona virus conspiracies

stereologist

"According to Abdullah Hussain Haroon, Pakistan's former ambassador to the United Nations, the virus is not natural and was created in a laboratory. 

"Terming it a conspiracy, he said the virus was created as a step up to chemical warfare allegedly waged by the United States in Syria. He said the aim was to create a disease that would spark panic and fear among the people of the world.

"“The patent for the virus was obtained by an American company Chiron from the US government in 2006. The second aspect of this is that in 2014, they sought a patent in Europe for its vaccine. The patent would have been granted in a few years, but it wasn’t granted till November 2019,” he claimed."

Geo TV: Link

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2020 at 11:01 AM, Tuco's Gas said:

It's a government manufactured hoax sum scare. And they're using the media to do their fear mongering. Not quite sure yet in which area their gonna benefit. Prolly thru vaccine monies when the vax is announced in, oh, I'm guessing 2-3 weeks. Let the Steeple get a little more scared first.

So they should've kept quite about a foreign and poorly understood virus?

When the government does nothing, it's an inside job.  When the government takes precautions, it's fearmongering.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Thanks 2

34. Coronavirus is killed by sunlight.

This is the sort of trashy alternative medicine stupidity that is dangerous.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/03/30/fact-check-sunlight-does-not-kill-new-coronavirus/2931170001/

An article on a holistic health blog that has been circulating Facebook tells people to go outside to prevent catching the new coronavirus because sunlight kills it.
“In my opinion, keeping the beaches closed and having people quarantined inside their homes is a bad decision. Getting more sunshine is a proactive step we can all take at protecting ourselves from the current coronavirus outbreak,” wrote David Friedman, the author of the blog post. “Instead of staying quarantined inside your house, go outside on your back deck and soak up some virus destroying sunshine!"
The claim has been shared elsewhere. Similar posts of graphics offering tips have spread throughout social media.

This is the sort of foolish advice that these alternative medicine places prescribe. Their advice is not based on evidence.

• Like 2

I took a further look at the blog post and see that this guy for all his rantings about so-called natural products has made a huge mistake.

He writes in his blog post about "The SARS coronavirus happens to share  90 percent of its DNA with the current coronavirus (COVID-19.) "

The glaring mistake there is that coronavirus does NOT use DNA. It is an RNA based virus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus

They are enveloped viruses with a positive-sense single-stranded RNA genome and a nucleocapsid of helical symmetry. The genome size of coronaviruses ranges from approximately 27 to 34 kilobases, the largest among known RNA viruses.

Let's dig a little deeper on this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNA_virus

The International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) classifies RNA viruses as those that belong to Group III, Group IV or Group V of the Baltimore classification system of classifying viruses and does not consider viruses with DNA intermediates in their life cycle as RNA viruses.[

This virus does not use DNA at any step. 

This blogger likes to babble on about natural things as if there is some truth to the concept of vitalism.

• Like 2

35. Pumping gas is spreading the coronavirus

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/03/28/coronavirus-fact-check-covid-19-spreading-via-gas-pumps/2910985001/

March 17 Facebook post warned users to be careful when going to the gas station. The post, by user Brent McDonald, claimed gas pump handles are helping to spread coronavirus.

"I just spoke with a friend who got called into an emergency meeting at his hospital," McDonald wrote. "He said the virus is spreading quickly from gas pumps."

• Like 1

36. The House used the coronavirus relief bill to give themselves a pay raise.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/03/29/fact-check-congressional-pay-raise-coronavirus-relief-package/2936724001/

Read the article. It gives the house $25M to run whatever it takes to keep the House running during the virus outbreak.

• Like 1

Number 15 is "Vitamin C stops the disease "

It turns out that vitamin C might be useful in reducing the time spent on a ventilator.

https://www.empr.com/home/news/vitamin-c-may-reduce-ventilation-time-in-critically-ill-patients/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mpr-dailydose-hay-20200331&cpn=np,pcp_all,nppa,pcp_nppa&hmSubId=iG3gknuKnps1&hmEmail=B_g1xp9bXchE2NpzFd_agzIZDo7e_i8h0&NID=1184830002&c_id=&email_hash=1325f4460235597b0f183e56a3336d8d&dl=0&mpweb=1323-88349-357377

I'm sure that some dishonest person suggesting vitamin C stopping the disease will pretend that this confirms their claim.

That's my prediction and let's see what happens.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Number 15 is "Vitamin C stops the disease "

It turns out that vitamin C might be useful in reducing the time spent on a ventilator.

https://www.empr.com/home/news/vitamin-c-may-reduce-ventilation-time-in-critically-ill-patients/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mpr-dailydose-hay-20200331&cpn=np,pcp_all,nppa,pcp_nppa&hmSubId=iG3gknuKnps1&hmEmail=B_g1xp9bXchE2NpzFd_agzIZDo7e_i8h0&NID=1184830002&c_id=&email_hash=1325f4460235597b0f183e56a3336d8d&dl=0&mpweb=1323-88349-357377

I'm sure that some dishonest person suggesting vitamin C stopping the disease will pretend that this confirms their claim.

That's my prediction and let's see what happens.

Hmm - it says nothing about preventing COVID-19, only that it reduced the time on a ventilator. I'm sure there is a medical explanation for that.

Not that it will stop people claiming it will prevent the virus; we get that all the time with Vitamin C preventing colds & flu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Obviousman said:

Hmm - it says nothing about preventing COVID-19, only that it reduced the time on a ventilator. I'm sure there is a medical explanation for that.

Not that it will stop people claiming it will prevent the virus; we get that all the time with Vitamin C preventing colds & flu.

I realize that it does nothing about preventing COVID-19.

What has ever stopped people from misrepresenting real science? You and I know that is going to happen which is why I posted the info as a pre-debunk comment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, stereologist said:

I realize that it does nothing about preventing COVID-19.

What has ever stopped people from misrepresenting real science? You and I know that is going to happen which is why I posted the info as a pre-debunk comment.

Yeah, sorry about that Chief! I just repeated what you had said, and didn't value-add at all. Apologies!

Just now, Obviousman said:

Yeah, sorry about that Chief! I just repeated what you had said, and didn't value-add at all. Apologies!

You provided support which is good.

37. The crematoria in Wuhan have been running full time as China tries to cover up the real death toll. There are also reports of 50,000 funeral urns being deliver to these crematoria.

https://news.yahoo.com/stacks-urns-wuhan-prompt-questions-050605463.html

The long lines and stacks of ash urns greeting family members of the dead at funeral homes in Wuhan are spurring questions about the true scale of coronavirus casualties at the epicenter of the outbreak, renewing pressure on a Chinese government struggling to control its containment narrative.

The families of those who succumbed to the virus in the central Chinese city, where the disease first emerged in December, were allowed to pick up their cremated ashes at eight local funeral homes starting last week. As they did, photos circulated on Chinese social media of thousands of urns being ferried in.

Outside one funeral home, trucks shipped in about 2,500 urns on both Wednesday and Thursday, according to Chinese media outlet Caixin. Another picture published by Caixin showed 3,500 urns stacked on the ground inside. It’s unclear how many of the urns had been filled.

There is chatter that there may be 15 to 40 more dead in China than acknowledged by the government.

• Like 1

More info

https://news.yahoo.com/us-intelligence-community-reportedly-concluded-173955673.html

A truck driver in Wuhan delivered about 5,000 urns to a single funeral home over two days last week, according to the South China Morning Post, which cited a Caixin magazine report.

The Caixin report, according to SCMP, "purportedly showed 3,500 urns stacked on the floor of the funeral home."

The official death toll in Wuhan "can't be right ... because the incinerators have been working round-the-clock," one resident, who identified himself by his surname, Zhang, told Radio Free Asia.

"So how can so few people have died?" Zhang asked.

According to RFA, some city residents said on social media that Wuhan's funeral homes were "handing out 3,500 urns every day." RFA's reporting, which could not be independently verified by Insider, said at the current rate, about "42,000 urns would be given out" between March 23 and April 5, when a traditional grave-tending festival begins.

On March 31, 2020 at 6:57 AM, stereologist said:

That one makes perfect sence.    I've been putting a Baggie on my hand before using the pump..being careful to touch Nothing on the pump!   .and then  carefully peeling it off and tossing it in the trash barrel.     (Your welcome)

• Like 2

The gas pump is certainly a place where we share a surface. The problem is that there is no evidence that this is how the virus is spreading. The virus has not been shown to pass between individuals by touching surfaces. But I for one am not going to take a chance. Keep up the good work. :tu:

• Like 1

According to the CDC, person-to-person contact is the main method of transmission.

I have some questions...not about the above...but about how this Pandemic 'actually' happened...some thoughts and some questions:

1.  In an age of technological, scientific, and medical supremacy...how is it possible that only one country was prepared for a pandemic like this?  

2. Why does the daily increase charts of virtually every country in the top ten infected countries look like the skyline of a large city...except China's...which looks like a skyscraper built in the middle of a small town? 

488927164_dailyincreasechartus.jpg.8ccf78420b1c64f287cc0fc45217805a.jpg  1566329981_dailyincreasechartItaly.jpg.c6cc305e1074acf1d4c4afa0ebefee36.jpg 439494347_dailyincreasechartSpain.jpg.af2a6401ac708e9a7a0b8309ad8ef358.jpg

1862231945_dailyincreasechartChina.jpg.447612cc63bc3c7c3102305301c452c2.jpg 

3. What's wrong with this picture?

4.   Did China create, i.e. manufacture the Covid-19 virus, set in place a rigid agenda for shutting it down in their own country, and unleash it knowing it would spread  into a Pandemic that would 'hopefully' destroy the US economy as a result of  major US victories in trade over China?

Thought:  No country in the world was prepared for a pandemic such as this...because no country in the world thought one could happen...because we all  'know' how viruses work...technological supremacy compared to 1918.  The picture of China's graph on Daily Infection Increases is an anomaly compared to the rest of the world.  The only way they could have shut it down as quickly as they did would be to  know in advance  that it was going to happen and have a plan already in place to control and stop it.

Thought:  China has tied it's economy to the US and the Western World for a reason.  It doesn't really need to continue that relationship anymore.  Most of China's people are very poor anyway.  China might be attempting a world coup.  With economic collapse of the entire Global Economy,  this would benefit China by giving them an overall strategic advantage.  

Final thought:   I do not believe everything I think.  I think a lot of things.  These are just some of my thoughts.  Any merit to any of them?  I will let others decide that!  

• Like 2

I saw a comment by a poster on a news site that the pandemic is all a hoax and we should drive by our local hospitals and see how empty their parking lots are.  I don't know how widespread that thought is, I want to point out that hospitals have stopped all elective procedures and stopped almost all visitors. they often hold classes on health for locals, and those are all cancelled.  most imaging is cancelled, and of course many people who have annual screenings like mammograms are not scheduling during the lockdowns. so why would you expect the parking lots to be full.  so if you see that comment out there in cyberconspiracy land, don't fall for it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, stereologist said:

The gas pump is certainly a place where we share a surface. The problem is that there is no evidence that this is how the virus is spreading. The virus has not been shown to pass between individuals by touching surfaces. But I for one am not going to take a chance. Keep up the good work. :tu:

The LACK of information about this virus...really Bothers me!  !   Why in the H have we not been INFORMED ...from the very beginning? .! ?   Knowledge is power...to make decisions about our behaviors.   Are the scientists and doctors actually that clueless about it??     Hello!??!

....  Does anyone KNOW what the evidence does show?  ....how is it spread??   Breath?  (water vapor)

On the wind !!?     Does sunlight Kill it?   What about the claim that it cannot live in temperatures above 78/80 degrees?   Which begs another obvious question...if true..then how can it Live in a human body!?

Edited by lightly

3 hours ago, joc said:

I have some questions...not about the above...but about how this Pandemic 'actually' happened...some thoughts and some questions:

1.  In an age of technological, scientific, and medical supremacy...how is it possible that only one country was prepared for a pandemic like this?  

2. Why does the daily increase charts of virtually every country in the top ten infected countries look like the skyline of a large city...except China's...which looks like a skyscraper built in the middle of a small town? 

488927164_dailyincreasechartus.jpg.8ccf78420b1c64f287cc0fc45217805a.jpg  1566329981_dailyincreasechartItaly.jpg.c6cc305e1074acf1d4c4afa0ebefee36.jpg 439494347_dailyincreasechartSpain.jpg.af2a6401ac708e9a7a0b8309ad8ef358.jpg

1862231945_dailyincreasechartChina.jpg.447612cc63bc3c7c3102305301c452c2.jpg 

3. What's wrong with this picture?

4.   Did China create, i.e. manufacture the Covid-19 virus, set in place a rigid agenda for shutting it down in their own country, and unleash it knowing it would spread  into a Pandemic that would 'hopefully' destroy the US economy as a result of  major US victories in trade over China?

Thought:  No country in the world was prepared for a pandemic such as this...because no country in the world thought one could happen...because we all  'know' how viruses work...technological supremacy compared to 1918.  The picture of China's graph on Daily Infection Increases is an anomaly compared to the rest of the world.  The only way they could have shut it down as quickly as they did would be to  know in advance  that it was going to happen and have a plan already in place to control and stop it.

Thought:  China has tied it's economy to the US and the Western World for a reason.  It doesn't really need to continue that relationship anymore.  Most of China's people are very poor anyway.  China might be attempting a world coup.  With economic collapse of the entire Global Economy,  this would benefit China by giving them an overall strategic advantage.  

Final thought:   I do not believe everything I think.  I think a lot of things.  These are just some of my thoughts.  Any merit to any of them?  I will let others decide that!  

You have clearly shown a number of problems with the reports from China. It is almost certain that more people died in Wuhan that were supposedly just infected.

Problems with China are more than just being untruthful. It also deals with how people count. We take the ability to count as something simple yet we count our money twice just to be sure we got it right. The problem is in part that different rules are being used to count. If we count someone as a death from COVID-19 then we have to have rules as to how to count them.

• Do we count them if they were never tested for the virus but looked like they had it?
  • Do we count them if they tested positive but died of complications from cancer, diabetes, cardiac arrest or other issues?

What about all of the cases where people are asymptomatic? What about cases of mild fever, but no hospitalization?

Counting is not as easy as people think. Italy seems to be playing it safe and counting people that died and tested positive. China seems to be pretending that they were the first victims and people did not die. In post #68 above there is a video describing all of the evidence suggesting that China is lying through their teeth about the number of deaths.

Here is another story about China's deception.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-concealed-extent-of-virus-outbreak-u-s-intelligence-says/ar-BB121FtR

Two of the officials said the report concludes that China’s numbers are fake.

China isn’t the only country with suspect public reporting. Western officials have pointed to Iran, Russia, Indonesia and especially North Korea, which has not reported a single case of the disease, as probable under-counts.

Before this report was leaked we have this article form the LA Times.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-03-20/asia-coronavirus-pandemic-response-lessons-for-united-states

The U.S. was quick to restrict travel from China in the early weeks of the outbreak; now travelers from the U.S. and other Western countries are exporting a “second wave” of infections to China, Hong Kong and Singapore. President Trump, who once said the virus would disappear “like a miracle,” has watched it explode in California, Washington state and New York while vigilant testing and contact tracing brought it under control in Taiwan and South Korea.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, lightly said:

The LACK of information about this virus...really Bothers me!  !   Why in the H have we not been INFORMED ...from the very beginning? .! ?   Knowledge is power...to make decisions about our behaviors.   Are the scientists and doctors actually that clueless about it??     Hello!??!

....  Does anyone KNOW what the evidence does show?  ....how is it spread??   Breath?  (water vapor)

On the wind !!?     Does sunlight Kill it?   What about the claim that it cannot live in temperatures above 78/80 degrees?   Which begs another obvious question...if true..then how can it Live in a human body!?

As you point out there are loads of BS reports online these days which is why I started this thread and started to enumerate just how many stories are out there.

No sunlight does not kill the virus. The UV level required to kill the virus is damaging to humans. It far exceeds what is found in sunlight.

The temperature story is fake as you point out.

The problem is that this is a new disease and efforts are based on what is known about past diseases of the same family: SARS and MERS are two of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38. The COVID-19 outbreak was predicted by Sylvia Browne.

https://www.yourtango.com/2020332529/coronavirus-conspiracy-theories

Earlier this week, Kim Kardashian shared a passage from psychic Sylvia Browne's 2008 book End of Days, where she wrote that around the year 2020, a  "severe pneumonia-Iike illness will spread throughout the globe," eventually disappearing, then reappearing years later, and then disappearing permanently.

The flu does that every year. Is this a hit for Browne? Time will tell.

39. The food supply in Sydney Australia is tainted with the coronavirus.

https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-all-the-nonsense-people-are-spreading-about-the-wuhan-coronavirus

In Australia, multiple Facebook posts shared hundreds of times claimed to show a list of foods and locations in Sydney which have been contaminated by the new coronavirus strain first discovered in the Chinese city of Wuhan in late December.

One post, published on January 27, identified different types of rice, cookies and onion rings that allegedly contain traces of the virus. It also claimed that a "bureau of diseasology" had run tests and discovered the strain in several Sydney suburbs.

40. Rinsing your mouth with a salt solution can kill the virus.

Multiple posts on Weibo, Twitter and Facebook shared in January claimed top Chinese respiratory expert Zhong Nanshan had told people to rinse their mouths with salt water solution to prevent infection from a new virus outbreak.

41. The introduction of the 5G networks has caused this pandemic by weakening immune systems.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-conspiracy-theories-myths-debunked-135739788.html

42. China euthanized over 20,000 people during the outbreak.

A fake article circulated on social media claimed the Chinese government sought approval from the country’s Supreme Court to have 20,000 patients killed to stop coronavirus spreading.

The China’s Supreme People’s Court has never held a hearing on such a case and the websites which shared the article have frequently been accused of spreading “fake news”.

43. Drinking water can prevent the disease.

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked