Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Corona virus conspiracies

stereologist

I started thinking about the Spanish flu and how it was covered in the media. I went to the google newspaper archives and looked for a paper that was being published in October 1918  (the month of the most American deaths) and found one in Pittsburgh.  if you know this site, its not the easiest to use but has lots of mostly obscure newspapers or newspapers out of print.  I found very little coverage in this paper and another one I looked at, but World War I didn't end until November 11.  So I looked after that, and most of the coverage was still the war but there was some more info. I heard that the allies were not allowing much news on the flu during the war but Spain being neutral was publishing stories about flu which is why the world started calling it the Spanish Influenza.  It actually was traced to the USA. I found some ads in this newspaper for cures for the flu.  basically snake oil, but apparently you could sell anything.  Here is a link.  Look on page 4 for ads. https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=djft3U1LymYC&dat=19181116&printsec=frontpage&hl=en 

Edited by micahc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, micahc said:

I started thinking about the Spanish flu and how it was covered in the media. I went to the google newspaper archives and looked for a paper that was being published in October 1918  (the month of the most American deaths) and found one in Pittsburgh.  if you know this site, its not the easiest to use but has lots of mostly obscure newspapers or newspapers out of print.  I found very little coverage in this paper and another one I looked at, but World War I didn't end until November 11.  So I looked after that, and most of the coverage was still the war but there was some more info. I heard that the allies were not allowing much news on the flu during the war but Spain being neutral was publishing stories about flu which is why the world started calling it the Spanish Influenza.  It actually was traced to the USA. I found some ads in this newspaper for cures for the flu.  basically snake oil, but apparently you could sell anything.  Here is a link.  Look on page 4 for ads. https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=djft3U1LymYC&dat=19181116&printsec=frontpage&hl=en 

That is excellent. The reason I heard for  the name Spanish flu is that the newspapers began to call it that after the king of Spain became ill from that flu.

In an era before antibiotics and vaccines, the “Spanish influenza” – so-called because neutral Spain was one of the few countries in 1918 where correspondents were free to report on the outbreak – claimed the lives of nearly 250,000 Britons.

Consequently, when it was reported in May 1918 that King Alfonso XIII was ill in Madrid, most people dismissed the Spanish flu as a joke. The main advice was to gargle with salt water and to isolate yourself until the fever had passed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfonso_XIII_of_Spain

Alfonso became gravely ill during the 1918 flu pandemic. Spain was neutral and thus under no wartime censorship restrictions, so his illness and subsequent recovery were reported to the world, while flu outbreaks in the belligerent countries were concealed. This gave the misleading impression that Spain was the most-affected area and led to the pandemic being dubbed "the Spanish Flu."

Thanks for the old ads which show lots of snake oil being distributed through the newspapers.

3 hours ago, stereologist said:

38. The COVID-19 outbreak was predicted by Sylvia Browne.

https://www.yourtango.com/2020332529/coronavirus-conspiracy-theories

The flu does that every year. Is this a hit for Browne? Time will tell.

Considering the vast amounts of plagues that recur, this might be evidence the huckster once opened a book, but I’m not 100% willing to publish that idea. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 8:48 AM, stereologist said:

This virus does not use DNA at any step. 

This is part of the reason there are about 8 subtypes/variations of SARS COV-2 that have been identified so far.  If I understand the mechanism as it was explained, RNA viruses tend to have transcription errors more often so they drift along until they actually mutate in a way that makes them either more or less dangerous for humans.  

• Like 2

Why what Stereo is doing is important, and why conspiridiots are a danger to themselves and others: 

—Jaylemurph 

4 minutes ago, and then said:

This is part of the reason there are about 8 subtypes/variations of SARS COV-2 that have been identified so far.  If I understand the mechanism as it was explained, RNA viruses tend to have transcription errors more often so they drift along until they actually mutate in a way that makes them either more or less dangerous for humans.  

I also read quite a bit about the Spanish Flu...everything that @micahc  said I have also read.  In addition to that..and, in addition to your post, The Spanish Flu wasn't all that deadly.........until........the virus mutated...which is called The Second Wave.

The other conspiratorial thought I had was...it wouldn't really benefit China to have their economic expansion and military boost suddenly stopped by an economic collapse of their main Trading Partner.  Especially in a time when Russia is rising.  Ergo....I once wrote a long post in some thread here that described how it wasn't about China at all...back in the day, a few years ago when everyone was saying...Watch out for China...my post was about...no, watch out for Russia...which most just poo-pooed.  You might remember that.  Regardless;  It seems to me that if a biological weapon was used it would benefit Russia more than anyone else because...it would probably take down China as well as the US and Western Europe...and...if the Global Economy actually collapsed...Europe would then depend on Russia to supply their natural gas.   

Just thinking out loud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Why what Stereo is doing is important, and why conspiridiots are a danger to themselves and others: 

—Jaylemurph 

Just     W O W!   

Which gives rise to another Conspiracy Theory...some nut job group is behind the Covid 19.   

This is really crazy...I mean...that guy is really crazy...but that's exactly what happens when people BELIEVE what they THINK as Truth.   Which is exactly why I filter everything I think through the Covid-19 mask of Truth!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, and then said:

All things mutate, but RNA is less stable than DNA which makes them more likely to mutate. That's probably why life on Earth has switched to the more stable DNA.

Often evolution drives pathogens to less virulent forms because if they are deadly like Marburg or Ebola, then they burn themselves out. These are 25% to 90% lethal in outbreaks. They run out of hosts to infect. 

As we have seen there have been a number of outbreaks of these kinds of virus in the last two decades. This one is easy to transmit. It is spreading fast. The previous SARS and MERS were more lethal and the outbreaks were contained.

• Thanks 1

This site is a bizarre collection of facts, speculation, illogical constructs, and just a mess. It is written to deceive by posting facts up front and then following that with  mindless efforts to ask questions, provide no answers, and then draw a warrantless conclusion.

https://hnewswire.com/the-coronavirus-is-a-false-flag-the-virus-is-real-man-made-we-have-been-deceived/

Examples:

• They point out that a test to detect the existence of a virus is not designed to determine anything beyond that. They claim this makes the test useless because: "Because the PCR never comes to a valid conclusion about how much virus is in the patient’s body actively replicating. And in order to start talking about illness and disease, millions and millions of viruses must be at work replicating inside the patient." I'm sorry but that is not the purpose of the test. 
  • They note that the test was developed before there was a case in the US. They conclude that: "It seems to means that the CDC accepted the genetic sequence of the “new virus” without having an actual isolated specimen of the virus itself." Apparently they like to spout before turning the brain on.
  • This muttonhead continues with this horse puckey as if researchers are not smart enough to think about these issues: "Researchers claiming they’ve laid out the genetic sequence of a virus, and passing the information along to colleagues, is not what you would call proof of anything. Those original researchers could have sequenced another virus. They could have made mistakes. Did THEY ever have an isolated specimen of the virus?" What a bonehead set of comments. It's the sort of pinhead comments we expect to hear from Ancient Aliens. This pinhead is trying to pretend they are smart by mentioning things they pretend the people with actual brains overlooked.
  • The conclusion they draw based on zero evidence is the following: "The “gold standard” diagnostic test is fraught with difficulties and is inherently useless." They didn't show that to be the case. They just asked questions which anyone with a brain could have looked up. I suspect they rely on dolts as their readership.

Here is how the testing is done.

https://www.livescience.com/how-coronavirus-tests-work.html

• Like 2

The loonies are crawling out of the woodwork. Hang on to your critical thinking skills as hogwash pours freely.

https://carlbherman.blogspot.com/2020/03/36-minute-video-of-evidence-that.html

36-minute video of evidence that Coronavirus is cover for mass arrests: gang arrests to prevent false flag civil war, .01% ‘sick’, quarantine ‘camps’ where sealed indictments are, General Flynn’s lawyer reports massive .01% child sexual abuse

44. The coronavirus is there to allow the government to make mass arrests.

This loony uses QAnon as evidence for the mass arrests. 

In order to maximize White Hat mobility and flexibility to conduct .01% arrests (~30,000 people), while minimizing Black Hat retaliatory capacity by preventing public gatherings to attack, I can imagine current quarantines being the cover for promised arrests. In fact, the public will cheer the quarantine for three weeks when given “official” “statistics” that the “Coronawar is being won with the great cooperation of intelligent and informed Americans allowing the National Guard to help people in need," just as their television advertising promotes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

45. There is no coronavirus epidemic and the TPTB are preparing for a take over of the world

http://stateofthenation.co/?p=8216

This supposedly raging pandemic, we are told, is the BIG ONE.  It’s the plague that will end all plagues.  Because of its extreme virulence and high mortality rate, it may even prove to be a full-blown ELE (Extinction Level Event), so they say.

Really, where did this narrative come from so quickly … and seemingly out of nowhere.  We’re talking about the ultimate Black Swan with the capability of re-ordering the entire planetary civilization.

C8LZPgaUAAApzZi.jpg

Make no mistake about it: such a profound and pervasive global event as the coronavirus pandemic has become as political as it gets.

In point of fact, the political repercussions of this complex international hoax are so far-reaching and life-altering that it has to be the brainchild of the New World Order globalist cabal.  How could it not be?!

This is just bizarre isn't it? The writers have created a straw man argument about the virus.

What keeps such muttonheads going? Who is dumb enough to believe anything this pinhead site writes?

One of the problems here is that sites such as this encourage people to spread the virus. 

• Like 2

Number 42 has seen a number of places promoting the idea.

https://www.exopolitics.org/is-the-coronavirus-linked-to-chinas-rollout-of-5g-and-biowarfare/

The same process is repeating itself with the roll out of 5G, which is being done without the telecommunications industry conducting any health studies on how cell phones and towers using 5G will impact the human body and DNA. Indeed, the core debate over the roll out of 5G doesn’t involve concerns over its health implications given what medical studies have clearly shown with earlier generations, but national security concerns of how to respond to China’s dominance of 5G.

This leads to the key question of whether the increased RF radiation absorbed by residents in Wuhan as part of the 5G pilot city rollout made them especially susceptible to the Coronavirus, and to killer viruses more generally. This, in turn, raises an even more troubling question, was the release of the Coronavirus part of a biological weapons test that was directly linked to the roll out 5G? In other words, was some unknown group wanting to test how a population weakened by 5G RF radiation would respond to a biologically engineered weapon?

But here is the next proposal.

46. A third theory comes from Robert David Steele and Benjamin Fulford, who both assert that Coronavirus represents a Deep State/Mossad orchestrated “false flag” attack aimed at starting a war between China and the US.

There we have it. Another well supported proposal. :whistle:

It is also not clear to me the degree to which 5G – for which China is the lead country – intersects with the biological virus. 5G is a huge part of this – what we do not know yet is whether this was a false flag attack as I suspect; a test of the intersection of bio-warfare and electro-magnetic warfare; or a full out assault intended to destroy the Chinese economy and begin depopulating China – or all three!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I feel like this whole thread is a highlight reel of my failure as an educator to get people to /think/.

—Jaylemurph 

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, joc said:

Regardless;  It seems to me that if a biological weapon was used it would benefit Russia more than anyone else because...it would probably take down China as well as the US and Western Europe...and...if the Global Economy actually collapsed...Europe would then depend on Russia to supply their natural gas.   

It sounds like a solid argument but if Putin is willing to roll dice like that, he's more of a danger than even I assumed.  Even if this thing is completely naturally occurring it could set the world up for a hot war.  The CCP won't go down without taking a lot of people with them.  It will be very interesting to see the results of the relaxation of quarantine in Hubei province.  A second wave that shuts the economy again could be a serious problem for the CCP.

• Thanks 1

Three more questions:  Can the Global Economy actually collapse?  Can our own economy actually collapse?  How long is this current state of affairs sustainable?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, joc said:

Three more questions:  Can the Global Economy actually collapse?  Can our own economy actually collapse?  How long is this current state of affairs sustainable?

There are plenty of variables aren't there?

One of those variables is the time it takes to create a vaccine and distribute it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, stereologist said:

There are plenty of variables aren't there?

One of those variables is the time it takes to create a vaccine and distribute it.

Suppose a vaccine appeared tomorrow afternoon.  The Virus mutates.  Do we need another vaccine for that? Second Wave.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

Suppose a vaccine appeared tomorrow afternoon.  The Virus mutates.  Do we need another vaccine for that? Second Wave.

Excellent question.

I read a report a while back in which the RNA was checked from various places and it seems that this coronavirus is stable enough for a vaccine that would be good for a few years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Found an article.

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-coronavirus-mutates-slowly-vaccine-could-be-long-lasting-2020-3

A glimmer of hope on the coronavirus front: Experts who have been tracking the virus' spread have concluded that it mutates at a slower rate than other respiratory viruses like the flu.

This slow mutation rate has two implications — both positive. It means the virus (whose official name is SARS-CoV-2) is stable in its current form and therefore unlikely to get even more dangerous as it continues to spread. That also means a vaccine could be effective in the long run; it'd act more like a measles or chickenpox vaccine than a seasonal flu shot.

• Thanks 1

One more question:   :rolleyes:

We have mapped the G-nome...we have discovered the Higgs-Boson...we have incredibly accurate DNA testing...We have facial recognition...We have Star Wars type Laser Weapons being used by our military....we have an excellent understanding of Viruses ...what they are...how they work...how they mutate...why they mutate.

I would like to think with all the knowledge and high-tech capabilities we have that someone, somewhere, would be working on not just a vaccine for this virus...but a Vaccine Discovery Method...so that, in case of situations where novel viruses appear on the scene...we could simply put the virus into a special computer program that would determine it's code, determine it's mutation factors and create a vaccine...almost instantly.   

Question:  Do you think that is likely to happen at some point or is that just a sci-fi  pipe dream? 

• Like 1

Seems every death is now being counted as due to the common cold virus and probably every human on the planet carries this virus.  See what they are doing?  When are you going to understand? 

laugh peeps....just laugh, stay calm and never be afraid — EVER.  

108 year old woman dies of....

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/01/obituaries/hilda-churchill-dead-coronavirus.html

....the corona virus. 

Edited by Festina

4 hours ago, joc said:

Suppose a vaccine appeared tomorrow afternoon.  ................

even if it was, gvmnt would not allow it. not right away at least,  hospitals are turning away kn95 masks, while they have real shortage, why? legal, and compliance reason. kn95 is not fda approved,  every crisis is a political first.  one of my tenants is a medical lab, i wont say what i was told, but cdc is a bunch of criminals

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Festina said:

Seems every death is now being counted as due to the common cold virus and probably every human on the planet carries this virus.  See what they are doing?  When are you going to understand? 

laugh peeps....just laugh, stay calm and never be afraid — EVER.  

108 year old woman dies of....

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/01/obituaries/hilda-churchill-dead-coronavirus.html

....the corona virus. 

I'm unclear as to where you get this idea that "every death is now being counted as due to the common cold virus". I have not seen that. Would like to see where this is stated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aztek said:

even if it was, gvmnt would not allow it. not right away at least,  hospitals are turning away kn95 masks, while they have real shortage, why? legal, and compliance reason. kn95 is not fda approved,  every crisis is a political first.  one of my tenants is a medical lab, i wont say what i was told, but cdc is a bunch of criminals

The kn95 masks have not been tested by the FDA to verify that they do protect the wearer.

Should we allow people to wear a mask thinking they are protected when in fact they might not be? Why risk the front line carers?

The notion that "every crisis is a political first" is the sort of nonsense I read from dull witted radio commentators. Politics do get involved in every crisis because political gadflies do stick their nose in where it is not needed. 

Do you have any evidence that the CDC is "a bunch of criminals" or are you just being an echo for some demagogue?

• Like 2

There's a lot to cram in a post all the links and headlines and since this fella already have it down in a vid and all plus more... Take it away, Mr Nathan Rich... 

[00.18:32]

~

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked