Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Superheroes called Snowflake and Safespace

Eldorado

"Marvel announced new superheroes for its upcoming New Warriors series, a pair of twins named “Safespace” and “Snowflake."

"New Warriors is a reboot of a comic book series that made its debut in 1989 and will combine old characters with new ones reflecting the culture of 2020.

“The connotations of the word ‘snowflake’ in our culture right now are something fragile, and this is a character who is turning it into something sharp,” said writer Daniel Kibblesmith. “…

"These are terms that get thrown around on the internets that they don’t see as derogatory. To take those words and kind of wear them as badges of honor.”"

Full script at the Washington Examiner: Link

And at MSN: Link

• Haha 7

Their superpower will be to burst into tears whenever someone expresses an opinion they don't agree with

I though it was still 10 days till April 1st?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Eh, Fad Super Heroes, they crop up from time to time. Just look at Dazzler, who's first solos series had "groovy" storylines such as "Las Stand in Disco Land" or U.S. One, the Trucker Super Hero (apparently truckers were popular for a short time in the 1970s?)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Farewell marvel. You had a good run. 

Yep... I'd say it's a clear case of "Jumping the Shark" if I ever saw one... :w00t:

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Essan said:

Their superpower will be to burst into tears whenever someone expresses an opinion they don't agree with

I though it was still 10 days till April 1st?

I just hope it's not like DragonballZ where someone takes 10 episodes to charge a special attack.
If I wanted 10 episodes of crying I'd look in a mirror.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, and then said:

Yep... I'd say it's a clear case of "Jumping the Shark" if I ever saw one... :w00t:

Come on, is this new series really worse than those:
nomad.jpg.4a91f240d5475a2760adad6d9bfa9cb5.jpge9d4bfa5-0821-4b42-98a0-76e8be36c191.jpg.6894ce638fba5db99b5559047aea3831.jpg

Be honest ;)

• Haha 5

Are you okay Snowflake? Snowflake are you okay?:o   

Captain America said something mean!:( 

Don't worry Snowflake...I've got you covered! ;)

S C H A A A N G !  creates safespace around Snowflake!! 

Thank you Safespace...you're my hero!:sm

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, joc said:

S C H A A A N G ! 

:lol:

3 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Who was that DC whistler with the black wings who hid in the Pine Barrens? He joined the Justice League and they did the world a favor and killed him off.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Piney said:

Who was that DC whistler with the black wings who hid in the Pine Barrens? He joined the Justice League and they did the world a favor and killed him off.

Uh...google says he was named Black Condor. I don't really know much about the DC universe outside of bits and pieces, since their team books (imho) aren't as good as Marvel's and I prefer team books to solo heroes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Uh...google says he was named Black Condor. I don't really know much about the DC universe outside of bits and pieces, since their team books (imho) aren't as good as Marvel's and I prefer team books to solo heroes.

He had a Lenape forest ranger buddy who was always getting the crap kicked out of him or kidnapped by shore bound criminals.

I thought * Christ! When was Tonto a member of my tribe?????*  :lol:

The only Lenape forest ranger in my generation was a member of my caste named Mark Big Wolf who looked like Dwayne Johnson and use to back me up when I had gang problems. Nobody was attempting to kidnap him without a lot of broken bones and bullet holes. :lol:

• Haha 2

And snowflake pushes Climate change activism l bet, yeah, tie me up in a chair for that one.

:o

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2020 at 3:24 PM, Orphalesion said:

Be honest ;)

Yes.  Honestly.