Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
tomanjules

Testing the Ouija Board (Player manipulated)

tomanjules

First, I would like to say that my experienced with this is nothing new. When I was younger 1980’s, I dated a psychic who introduced me to contacting what she called the other side. Her term was contacting “Beings of the Light” to put it mildly. She used a round table to which she attached small strips of masking tape with letters on them. There were three of us sitting around the table and she preferred using a wine glass turned upside down to which each of us placed one of our index fingers on the bottom of the glass. Now it got really weird when the glass began to move seemingly on its own around the table with each of us, from what I could tell, had a very light finger touch on the glass bottom of the wine glass. The glass moved rapidly from one letter to the next with little effort as if an unknown hand was moving it. It was as if the glass was barely touching the table as if to float. To this day, I can’t recall what message was received but all I can say is that it was something that I will never forget.

Well with all that said, it started me thinking about how or if the participants really have any mental or physical control over the movement. What I am thinking is it to deprive the participants of one of their major senses that has to be eliminated for a control study. The study would go something like this. First the participants (I would use 3-4) are put in a separate room away from the control room where the study is to be performed. The board in the control room is spun in such a way that it stops at random. Then after being securely blindfolded, they are then led into the control room to where they are randomly sat with both hands at their sides. With the help of one person outside the control group, help one at a time, place their fingers on the planchet making sure that the other hand be at their side at all times and instructed not to touch the table.

What do you all think would happen?

onlookerofmayhem
4 minutes ago, tomanjules said:

Penn and Teller blind folded a group and rotated the board. The people failed and pointed to where the answers used to be. It was on episode 12 from season 1 of their show Bull****.

Another show Brain Games did a similar test. They failed too.

This might help too :

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_phenomenon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

_Only
8 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

It helps, but not as much as I'd like in understanding who makes that first ideomotor push on that glass. I can understand people naturally 'going with it' (aka slightly helping move it) after it's started, but man, that first movement of a glass. But I guess all it could theoretically take is the lightest movement and then once the group detects a slight movement, it's all engines full steam.

• Like 1

Desertrat56
9 hours ago, tomanjules said:

First, I would like to say that my experienced with this is nothing new. When I was younger 1980’s, I dated a psychic who introduced me to contacting what she called the other side. Her term was contacting “Beings of the Light” to put it mildly. She used a round table to which she attached small strips of masking tape with letters on them. There were three of us sitting around the table and she preferred using a wine glass turned upside down to which each of us placed one of our index fingers on the bottom of the glass. Now it got really weird when the glass began to move seemingly on its own around the table with each of us, from what I could tell, had a very light finger touch on the glass bottom of the wine glass. The glass moved rapidly from one letter to the next with little effort as if an unknown hand was moving it. It was as if the glass was barely touching the table as if to float. To this day, I can’t recall what message was received but all I can say is that it was something that I will never forget.

Well with all that said, it started me thinking about how or if the participants really have any mental or physical control over the movement. What I am thinking is it to deprive the participants of one of their major senses that has to be eliminated for a control study. The study would go something like this. First the participants (I would use 3-4) are put in a separate room away from the control room where the study is to be performed. The board in the control room is spun in such a way that it stops at random. Then after being securely blindfolded, they are then led into the control room to where they are randomly sat with both hands at their sides. With the help of one person outside the control group, help one at a time, place their fingers on the planchet making sure that the other hand be at their side at all times and instructed not to touch the table.

It probably depends on the group of people used in the experiment.