Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Don't Call 911 If You Run Out Of Toilet Paper

flying squid

Oregon Police Remind Residents: Don't Call 911 If You Run Out Of Toilet Paper

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/17/817205813/oregon-police-remind-residents-dont-call-911-if-you-run-out-of-toilet-paper

The coronavirus has not been kind to supplies of toilet paper. Along with the obvious items, such as hand sanitizer and other disinfectants, the rolls of tissue have been increasingly hard to find at local markets, as people stock up to hunker down during the global pandemic.

• Sad 2

This is the sad state that we are in! These same people who hoard supplies, continue to go out! They are only furthering the problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Image may contain: 1 person, possible text that says 'One roll safely hidden from anyone under the age of 40'

• Haha 9

Image may contain: possible text that says 'We will always remember the year 2000 as Y2K. I guess 2020 will be remembered as Y2 PLY!!'

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

It interests me in what people think hoarding the toilet paper does. We buy a big Costco sized pack every couple months anyway. So we have plenty. Even with 4 people using the TP, we use just a couple rolls a week. Why would people need to hoard hundreds of rolls?

If it's the expectation of it never coming back... That seems stupid. If it's the thinking their going to be using two rolls every day... That seems stupid too. If it is just wanting to be prepared... Then why is there still laundry soap, bottled water, beef jerky, cereal, and lots of other things not being hoarded? 

It's a interesting phenomena.

Here in Oregon we have people call 911 for the darnist things. Theres been lots of calls here where I live to 911 of people coughing, or sneezing, in public. Police have to respond. They'll send a trained person over to evaluate the cough/sneeze offender.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

It interests me in what people think hoarding the toilet paper does. We buy a big Costco sized pack every couple months anyway. So we have plenty. Even with 4 people using the TP, we use just a couple rolls a week. Why would people need to hoard hundreds of rolls?

If it's the expectation of it never coming back... That seems stupid. If it's the thinking their going to be using two rolls every day... That seems stupid too. If it is just wanting to be prepared... Then why is there still laundry soap, bottled water, beef jerky, cereal, and lots of other things not being hoarded? 

It's a interesting phenomena.

Here in Oregon we have people call 911 for the darnist things. Theres been lots of calls here where I live to 911 of people coughing, or sneezing, in public. Police have to respond. They'll send a trained person over to evaluate the cough/sneeze offender.

Dunny Roll is under police guard in Australia;

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2020/03/05/toilet-paper-coronavirus-violence/

Who would have thought the world could go this way????

• Like 3

Just use kitchen roll and hankies, put them in a plastic bag, tie it, and bin it.

As I've said before, this is a First World problem.  70-75% of the world's population don't use toilet paper.

• Like 3

I had to  buy toilet paper today.

I bought a pack of 4.

I actually felt guilty. 

:(

• Haha 3

I'd only feel guilty if I bought a 24 roll pack. :D

• Like 2