Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Abductees worldwide mark alien abduction day

UM-Bot

The traditional abduction experience usually involves a person being taken from their home, subjected to medical experiments and then returned with their memories of the encounter distorted or erased.

If their memory is erased, how do they know they were abducted? 

A bed bug bite is not an indication you have been on an alien lab table and probed.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I wish they had been. :rolleyes:

It's a trap.  Once they all gather, the aliens will drop a big net on them, dope them up and then probe them again, just for a laugh.

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

They undergo hypnosis? As in the 'Betty and Barney Hill' case, for example?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hard to dispute some cases though like Patient 17 where there is physical evidence of unknown origin embedded under the skin (btw another great film).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since regular life has been cancelled on Planet Earth due to the pandemic, maybe the aliens are having more fun anyway. B)

/sarcasm 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, flying squid said:

I had/have anxiety issues. It's been tough to overcome, but I'm doing great now. The issue here is that I have been hypnotized in the past. Even being "under" I was in full control of my actions and thoughts. I'm not saying there isn't deeper levels, but there was no time that I wasn't in full control. I don't think hypnosis is what books, TV, & movies make it out to be.

Now, I'm not a true believer in aliens & I'm not saying they don't exist, but...

1) A person doesn't just get hypnotized for no reason. Something happened, I can't remember, so hypnotize me so I can. If that's the case, I'd never lose my car keys. LOL

2) You can only repeat what you actually know. Look, I get the whole remembering traumatic experiences thing & I'm not saying it can't be done. I can only use my own personal experience & I don't think alien abduction & past life experiences are legit.

3) Even if it is legit & what they say happened & hypnosis really revealed it, we're still stuck not knowing if a person or people made it up, are confused about what really happened, or it really happened the way they said. No actual physical proof, just what a person says. Some could even say I don't know what I'm talking about & I wasn't "truly" hypnotized, but it all comes down to "do I believe this person or people or not." It still comes down to trusting somebody we don't know personally & understanding that people can be mistaken, be prone to hallucination, drunk or high on something, or be telling the truth, which we can't be 100% certain of which or all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

Hard to dispute some cases though like Patient 17 where there is physical evidence of unknown origin embedded under the skin (btw another great film).

Now when there is physical evidence, there's no doubt "something" happened, but we still don't know the full extent of what or who put something there. Sometimes people experiment on other people. Sometimes unsound people do things to themselves for attention. It ain't just an "alien" thing. LOL But physical evidence puts the case in a whole other category.

29 minutes ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

Patient 17 is a very disputed case. It has been discussed here a number of times.

There is nothing showing that anything about patient 17 is true. It's a wacky story.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, jowasmus said:

I had/have anxiety issues. It's been tough to overcome, but I'm doing great now. The issue here is that I have been hypnotized in the past. Even being "under" I was in full control of my actions and thoughts. I'm not saying there isn't deeper levels, but there was no time that I wasn't in full control. I don't think hypnosis is what books, TV, & movies make it out to be.

Now, I'm not a true believer in aliens & I'm not saying they don't exist, but...

1) A person doesn't just get hypnotized for no reason. Something happened, I can't remember, so hypnotize me so I can. If that's the case, I'd never lose my car keys. LOL

2) You can only repeat what you actually know. Look, I get the whole remembering traumatic experiences thing & I'm not saying it can't be done. I can only use my own personal experience & I don't think alien abduction & past life experiences are legit.

3) Even if it is legit & what they say happened & hypnosis really revealed it, we're still stuck not knowing if a person or people made it up, are confused about what really happened, or it really happened the way they said. No actual physical proof, just what a person says. Some could even say I don't know what I'm talking about & I wasn't "truly" hypnotized, but it all comes down to "do I believe this person or people or not." It still comes down to trusting somebody we don't know personally & understanding that people can be mistaken, be prone to hallucination, drunk or high on something, or be telling the truth, which we can't be 100% certain of which or all.

Hypnosis has been used to introduce false memories in people.

https://www.nytimes.com/1997/09/10/us/hypnosis-may-cause-false-memories.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, flying squid said:

Those two frausters!

Betty and Barney Rubble would be more credible story tellers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, flying squid said:

That car crash is so 1950's scifi and their astronomy is soooo bad, my 9 year old grandson can debunk it.....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, freetoroam said:

A bed bug bite is not an indication you have been on an alien lab table and probed.

Ah mean, Ah cood've bean updoocted...Ah'm not really shore of it...ah, mean, Ah believe ah wus abdoocted but ah don't rilly know if it's the truth...it's just whut ah believe.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, freetoroam said:

I wish they had been. :rolleyes:

How do you know they weren’t? 

Aliens — so called “gods” — for Better or for worse.

I learned everything I needed to know about so called “aliens” by reading the Bible.  Truly, it’s all there.  

Incalculably malevolent bloodthirsty jealous wrathful VENGEFUL misogynist misanthropic avaricious bigoted murdering lying stealing sensitive to INSULT AND CRITICISM parasite.  

And  IT Loves the smell of burning slaughtered flesh of the perfect, without blemish — Allegory for (?)  

NO LOVE IN IT AT ALL.

Maybe there is a catch limit, or a size limit, or an intelligence limit.   We never see the "keepers" again.   Abductees  are the ones they throw back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, jowasmus said:

Now when there is physical evidence,

physical evidence is still a story told= there is no evidence of something REAL & UNEXPLAINABLE in this context.. if there were then it would be world news. but it's not!- That's a fact

• Like 2

On 3/21/2020 at 10:31 AM, stereologist said:

Hypnosis has been used to introduce false memories in people.

I've never seen this. Thanks for the link. This can go a log ways to prove the exact opposite of what people claim & believe.

Edited by jowasmus
adding more

On 3/21/2020 at 8:44 PM, Dejarma said:

physical evidence is still a story told= there is no evidence of something REAL & UNEXPLAINABLE in this context.. if there were then it would be world news. but it's not!- That's a fact

Totally agree. I just mean when there's something found under the skin & such, it got there somehow, not necessarily an out of the world explanation, just something happened. I figure we're never getting the whole story, but there's still some kind of story. I honestly believe that some I've seen on TV & read about that do it to themselves for attention, but that's me from outside the situation, with no knowledge, just guessing by my judgment of who'd telling the "story."

8 hours ago, jowasmus said:

about that do it to themselves for attention,

Hi Jowasmus

Like anyone would do something like that :rolleyes:

lion-woman-makeup-facepainting.jpg

:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Like anyone would do something like that

Hello back at ya, jnccr8. ;)

Yep, that's kind of my problem. Most people I know personally are attention seekers regardless of "out of this world stories" or just wanting everybody listening to them. It gets annoying & hard to believe when anybody shares experiences because I don't know what's being stretched or by how far. Everybody's story has got to top everybody else's. I live in a US Southern state. Stretching stories is the norm here.

• Thanks 1

Abductees worldwide mark alien abduction day

I've been saying there is a day now for everything.

• Like 1

Summary of Alien Abduction Day 20th March 2020:

1. Number of global attendees (various locations including homes, strip-clubs and IKEA branches): 1.254.242
  2. Number of attendees still missing: 2.254
  3. Number of attendees returned to Earth already: 3.487
  4. Number of attendees who returned to Earth with butt ache: 3.487
  5. Number of attendees who returned and liked the probing very much: 244
  6. Number of attendees who returned with a new hair cut: 755
  7. Number of attendees who returned with a bobble hat made out of unknown material: 262
  8. Number of attendees who returned and want to buy a German shepherd dog: 9
  9. Number of attendees who returned without shoes: 1
  • Haha 4