Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Finland the happiest country on Earth

Eldorado

"Finland has overtaken Norway to become the happiest nation on earth, according to a UN report.

"The 2018 World Happiness Report also charts the steady decline of the US as the world’s largest economy grapples with a crisis of obesity, substance abuse and depression.

"The study reveals the US has slipped to 18th place, five places down on 2016.

The top four places are taken by Nordic nations, with Finland followed by Norway, Denmark and Iceland."

Full monty at the UK Guardian: Link

NY Times: Link

UN World Happiness Report: Link

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This proves my hypothesis that sharing a thick blanket on cold nights increases much happiness... 

~

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Finland has overtaken Norway to become the happiest nation on earth, according to a UN report

Give my 5 maybe 10 minutes.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

This proves my hypothesis that sharing a thick blanket on cold nights increases much happiness... 

~

It’s actually all the money from mining natural gas. That much income into countries with relatively small populations is bound to create a lot of happiness.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It’s actually all the money from mining natural gas. That much income into countries with relatively small populations is bound to create a lot of happiness.

Money is only as good as the things you don't need buying... 

~

4 hours ago, third_eye said:

Money is only as good as the things you don't need buying... 

~

So it’s equal to the more abstract. I agree. You need freedom to be happy and wealthy people have more freedom/options.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

wealthy people have more freedom/options.

Not totally or realistically speaking, accurate, but hey, if it's snowing outside.... 

~

Interesting because I definitely remember reading, a few years ago now, that Finland was the most depressed country in the world. Obviously the depression lifted. Cool.

• Like 1

They are the happiest because Finland keeps moving around on the map! A change of scene always cheers you up. :yes:

• Haha 1