Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Time traveling earthquakes

Hanslune

I maintain email relations with a number of interesting folks some of who if they posted here we would label as 'woo' worshipers, nuts, madmen(women) etc., Among all the gobbly-gook about Corona. A small gem appeared from a German friend who is well read, un-educated and unfettered by science.

His new idea: Time traveling earthquakes. His view is this: That our current reality is well real the only real realness but behind us we leave the pass but it is still real to our earlier selves and the CIA & a whole bunch of other lettered organizations have been sending 'time traveling earthquakes' to disrupt those earlier realities.

Why?

Because they are evil and have plans for ...well something.

I thought I would be remiss to not warn you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Because they are evil and have plans for ...well something.

The real reason is the Puzzle Palace likes to shake things up. :yes:

I know, I know.......don't say it....."Baby Harte strikes again". :unsure2:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Time traveling earthquakes. His view is this: That our current reality is well real the only real realness but behind us we leave the pass but it is still real to our earlier selves and the CIA & a whole bunch of other lettered organizations have been sending 'time traveling earthquakes' to disrupt those earlier realities.

This past that's still real to our earlier selves: this is the undisrupted past, then, is it?  So, if a time-travelling earthquake was sent back,say, last week to disrupt the (distant) past, how would our present memories of the past cope to accommodate these (later-but-to-us-in-the-past still unknown) disruptions?  

(I mean, has your friend actually thought this one through?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Windowpane said:

This past that's still real to our earlier selves: this is the undisrupted past, then, is it?  So, if a time-travelling earthquake was sent back,say, last week to disrupt the (distant) past, how would our present memories of the past cope to accommodate these (later-but-to-us-in-the-past still unknown) disruptions?  

The past no longer exists. Any attempt to travel there would theoretically tear spacetime causing a "big rip" and end everything. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Windowpane said:

Don't be silly of course not. I did ask a similar question - but no reply yet however they strike me as - being: weltschmerz, and having an overarching weltanschauung

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Windowpane said:

I'd be almost willing to bet he's a whole-hearted supported of the Mandela effect, because that's what this sounds like.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

"Warn" us?

Or "amuse" us with another Tinfoil Hat Club member's ravings?

The latter description is more accurate.

Good day, sir.

Thanks for sharing! 

I question your scare quotes, sir. This person’s idiocy provided me several moments of genuine, amusing entertainment. 

Your pollyanna-ish virtue-flagging did not. 

—Jaylemurph 

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

Does this link with the portals discussion?:P

Bigfoot rides earthquakes through portals? :huh:

Hans! How shake safe is your home??? You could be in for some broken windows. :unsure2:

Edited by Piney
Portal Pottery
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Bigfoot rides earthquakes through portals? :huh:

Hans! How shake safe is your home??? You could be in for some broken windows. :unsure2:

I live just  and hour or so from a volcano and the region has a history of eruptions just none recently in my area. This two-story house is made out of Popsicle sticks and cardboard - collapse during a bad case of indigestion.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

I live just  and hour or so from a volcano and the region has a history of eruptions just none recently in my area. This two-story house is made out of Popsicle sticks and cardboard - collapse during a bad case of indigestion.

Where did you put all the robot Bigfooters Steve Austin gave you? :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Hanslune said:

His new idea: Time traveling earthquakes. His view is this: That our current reality is well real the only real realness but behind us we leave the pass but it is still real to our earlier selves and the CIA & a whole bunch of other lettered organizations have been sending 'time traveling earthquakes' to disrupt those earlier realities.

And how would he know this?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

And how would he know this?

He's very bright or so he says. As a general rule he doesn't do 'evidence'.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

He's very bright or so he says. As a general rule he doesn't do 'evidence'.

If he's so intelligent has he worked out how they're time travelling?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

If he's so intelligent has he worked out how they're time travelling?

I've sent him a link to here. He used to post at USENET Alt.Archaeology but I've never seen him elsewhere - however his English isn't that could - German speaker.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

I've sent him a link to here.

That desperate for woo? :o

It would be interesting if he came here and talked more about his beliefs! It would definitely be some great entertainment.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Piney said:

That desperate for woo? :o

No, quite busy now been called out of retirement to help on some things. His message was just so odd, I mean I've been dealing with woo even before Harte started liking girls (he was into penguins for a while as I understand it) and I don't recall 'Time travelling earthquakes' before. I appreciate creativity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hanslune said:

I mean I've been dealing with woo even before Harte started liking girls (he was into penguins for a while as I understand it)

So that's how that happened....:unsure2:

baby-yoda-memes.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are we talking real earthquakes. Ir metaphorical earthquakes. Such as killing Timmy Smith in the past so Little Suzie doesnt marry him 20 years later.

If actual physical earthquakes... Woukdnt those be earthquakes that actually happened to us? Otherwise that would cause a paradox of some kind?

The CIA, FBI, KGB, MI6... Whomever... Even if they did send something into the past, to change the present, if it worked, they'd not even know it. And thus, everyone would believe the technology didnt even work... even if it did.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2020 at 1:37 AM, DieChecker said:

Are we talking real earthquakes. Ir metaphorical earthquakes. Such as killing Timmy Smith in the past so Little Suzie doesnt marry him 20 years later.

If actual physical earthquakes... Woukdnt those be earthquakes that actually happened to us? Otherwise that would cause a paradox of some kind?

The CIA, FBI, KGB, MI6... Whomever... Even if they did send something into the past, to change the present, if it worked, they'd not even know it. And thus, everyone would believe the technology didnt even work... even if it did.

I received no clarity on this. I sent him the link to here, but he never responded. Mad German genius and all that you know.

• Haha 2

On 4/5/2020 at 9:37 AM, DieChecker said:

... Even if they did send something into the past, to change the present, if it worked, they'd not even know it. ...

Which is why Dr. Who used to keep getting told not to try and alter history, because it would mess with the time continuum ... or some such ... 

• Like 2

On 4/7/2020 at 8:03 AM, Windowpane said:

Which is why Dr. Who used to keep getting told not to try and alter history, because it would mess with the time continuum ... or some such ... 

Ah yes, the various considerations on what happens when you change history, does it change something in the future or does it start a new 'pathway' retaining the original future, or is the future just immune to changes in the past....much debated in Sci-fi.

• Like 1