Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
19_Kilo

Is the World Wide Web the "Noosphere?"

Recommended Posts

19_Kilo

Decades ago a French Jesuit/philosopher/anthropologist named Pierre Tielhard de Chardin envisioned and wrote about a coming "all-enveloping layer of consciousness and knowledge" that would surround the earth and connect all of our individual consciousnesses. Could he have been prophecising the internet and the information age? 

https://www.wired.com/1995/06/teilhard/

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
and then

"People will run to and fro and knowledge shall be increased"  Daniel 12:4

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19_Kilo
53 minutes ago, and then said:

"People will run to and fro and knowledge shall be increased"  Daniel 12:4

 

I wonder if that biblical passage was a factor in de Chardin's hypothesis? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noteverythingisaconspiracy
1 hour ago, and then said:

"People will run to and fro and knowledge shall be increased"  Daniel 12:4

 

Most people sit on their behinds when using the web.... :rolleyes:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GoodReality

Or is it a material distraction from a more spiritual connection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
3 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Decades ago a French Jesuit/philosopher/anthropologist named Pierre Tielhard de Chardin envisioned and wrote about a coming "all-enveloping layer of consciousness and knowledge" that would surround the earth and connect all of our individual consciousnesses. Could he have been prophecising the internet and the information age? 

https://www.wired.com/1995/06/teilhard/

  The Jesuits were always ahead of the curve.  Jose de Acosta proposed the Land Bridge Theory for the origins of NAs in 1590. They built some serious astronomical observatories in Asia and their scientists and researchers such as the ones involved with Max Planck are incredible.

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly
16 hours ago, Piney said:

  The Jesuits were always ahead of the curve.  Jose de Acosta proposed the Land Bridge Theory for the origins of NAs in 1590. They built some serious astronomical observatories in Asia and their scientists and researchers such as the ones involved with Max Planck are incredible.

 

Wow Piney, the depth and breadth of your knowledge is Amazing. !         :yes:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
drakonwick

Jesuits also delved into the bark from the Cinchona tree! As they believed it would relieve them from their ails. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.