Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gang violence increase in New Zealand

Eldorado

"On a Sunday afternoon in November last year, children clambered over an adventure playground as their parents watched from under shady trees in a park in an affluent suburb of Napier, on New Zealand’s North Island.

"The suburban scene was interrupted as two bikie gangs carrying baseball bats and sharpened metal weapons appeared and set upon each other nearby, leaving one man unconscious and onlookers terrified.

"Two months later, fears among the residents in the predominantly middle-upper class suburb of Taradale escalated further when members of the region’s rival gangs – the Mongrel Mob and Black Power – were involved in a shootout."

Full article at the UK Guardian: Link

• Like 2

Knowing a few Maori families this type of violence has been going for a long time before the white influence with tribes warring,killing and eating their rivals.It probably kept the population down on a limited island space.Times have changed but the ancestors and their old ways are still very close.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, openozy said:

Knowing a few Maori families this type of violence has been going for a long time before the white influence with tribes warring,killing and eating their rivals.It probably kept the population down on a limited island space.Times have changed but the ancestors and their old ways are still very close.

Wow what a completely senseless baseless moronic comment. Australia is shipping off any non citizens that have broken the law alot of the include nzers that grew up from 1 year old in Australia and are a product of their culture and gangs. They are setting up new gangs right next NZ gangs and it is created turmoil. In my opinion all these gangs including the NZ ones they are all pathetic and can p*** off but the real problem is the new carved out operating from the new gangs fighting for control... And now to the heart of the problem.. it's meth... Drugs. It is not related to Maori culture they are very kind and giving and family orientated. You are an absolute moron to make such a statement and the absolute worst of humanity. Get educated don't make stupid unfounded statements and mind you own country. Drop kick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Silver Surfer said:

It is not related to Maori culture they are very kind and giving and family orientated.

And what % of Maori are you talking about.Drugs are escalating the violence but it's been there forever.So you believe Maori are a peaceful people,well look at history because you are living in fantasy land.They did eat their enemies and tribes did war with each other on a regular basis.I suppose you don't have much to go on as most Kiwi's live in Oz anyway.So brush up on your own history.Take your stiffy for a walk and get some fush and chups and don't forget to stop at the tinny house bro,it might give you some insight lol.

@openozy

Your statement is nothing but a racist generalization based on your narrow view of what you think Maori was all about in the past 'bro'. I'm a NZer, and what you're talking about doesn't correspond to the whole picture of how Maori as individuals and as a people are, at all, especially these days. Of course there was war in the past - name a culture where there wasn't. And crime - it's not specific to any particular people here and gang violence has been around for decades just like in Australia, end of story. 

For you to act like some kind of historical authority about Maori people is just laughable - but at least you're consistent in that respect. Keep it up funny boy, I could use a few more chuckles.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, zygote said:

@openozy

Your statement is nothing but a racist generalization based on your narrow view of what you think Maori was all about in the past 'bro'. I'm a NZer, and what you're talking about doesn't correspond to the whole picture of how Maori as individuals and as a people are, at all, especially these days. Of course there was war in the past - name a culture where there wasn't. And crime - it's not specific to any particular people here and gang violence has been around for decades just like in Australia, end of story. 

For you to act like some kind of historical authority about Maori people is just laughable - but at least you're consistent in that respect. Keep it up funny boy, I could use a few more chuckles.

Being part Maori myself I think I'm in a good position to comment on our history,I'm proud of it but honest and not politically correct.I should invite you around for a hangi but tofu doesn't go too well lol.The only reason you may be laughing is lack of protein to your brain cell lol.

• Haha 1

@openozy

Okay, my apologies, ha. Didn't realize you were 'Tangata whenua' - thought you were just an Aussie :) Cheers for the hangi invite too - I'll power into the kumara's!