Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lockdown UK

RoofGardener

Hiya all

I thought it might be useful to have a thread where people can discuss the new lockdown regulations in the UK. 

As of the 24th, most public meeting places have been shut down by order of Boris. This includes pubs, clubs, restaurants, gymnasiums, leisure centres, and quite a few more. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-regulations-created-by-secretary-of-state-for-business-closure-covid-19

There is already a lot of disinformation generated by this. For example, 

Shops selling “non-essential” goods have been ordered to close as Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced dramatic steps to combat the spread of Covid-19 last night.

That was from the retail gazette website, and it is COMPLETELY wrong. 

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2020/03/government-orders-all-non-essential-shops-to-close-during-coronavirus-crisis/

• Like 2

people just need to use their noddle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Too bad the noddles are too coddled to paddle... 

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

"All non-essential shops and community spaces are closed"

"You must stay at home apart from essential travel or you may be fined"

HM Gov: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

That is fake news. The document you linked to does NOT say that. Nobody can be fined for moving around... yet. Nor has the government ordered "non-essential" shops to be closed. 

A number of business types (Hotels, restaurants, pubs etc etc) HAVE been ordered closed, and if the owner keeps them open, then THEY can be fined. But there are currently no restrictions on travel. Not even from Scotland ! 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Well, with the pubs closed, I can see a new round of panic-buying for alcohol. 

• Haha 2

Just now, RabidMongoose said:

Ahh, I just enjoyed my 2nd walk of the day.

You REBEL INSURRECTIONIST you ! :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

That is fake news. The document you linked to does NOT say that. Nobody can be fined for moving around... yet. Nor has the government ordered "non-essential" shops to be closed. 

A number of business types (Hotels, restaurants, pubs etc etc) HAVE been ordered closed, and if the owner keeps them open, then THEY can be fined. But there are currently no restrictions on travel. Not even from Scotland ! 

Those are direct quotes from the website linked.  UK Gov.

4 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Ahh, I just enjoyed my 2nd walk of the day.

naughty. - arrest that man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

naughty. - arrest that man.

They wont know, although when they see me staggering home later drunk they might wonder what pub it is that let me in lmao.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, with the pubs closed, I can see a new round of panic-buying for alcohol. 

i haven't been out today. has the panic buying in the supermarkets still on going?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Those are direct quotes from the website linked.  UK Gov.

Umm.. no they weren't ? For example, I searched the linked document for the words "fined" and "fine", and couldn't find them ? 

7 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

i haven't been out today. has the panic buying in the supermarkets still on going?

Not yet. However, faced with a potential alcohol shortage, it certainly WILL begin once I go home :P 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Which involves never answering police questions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm.. no they weren't ? For example, I searched the linked document for the words "fined" and "fine", and couldn't find them ? 

I've asked a Mod to have a look.  We'll see who's lying.

3 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Ooops.... I've just found it. It was in a header link, and not the body text. 

It's technically wrong however; the police have NOT been given any powers to fine people for travelling. The document itself is in error. Or - more accurately - it is trying to imply that measures are already in place (to fine people) when in fact they are not. . 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Sad 2

Our marina is closing today.

No hire boats going out and no office staff.

Gates are closed. We have keys to get out if we need/want to.

We were told we have to be self sufficient.

Yippeee  the water gypsies have taken over the marina.

We got a yoga lady starting yoga up. I have never done that before, but will give it a go.

We are going to start digging later to plant some veg.

We can now get out washing lines out.

We got our commune without the religion. :tu:

• Like 6

I've just received forced text message from the Govt direct to my phone. "ALERT CORONAVIRUS" with a link to gov website.

Saying YOU MUST STAY AT HOME.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Sad 1

It should have been introduced earlier, these strict measures.

Imaginary freedoms are less worth than general public health. I applaud this. Fines too, if someone carries the virus and walks around he should first be beaten up then jailed and isolated. 

One guy in my country in city of Mostar came into hospital (he had virus) and he wasn't honest with doctors. Day after most of doctors were affected, imagine. Since he is kid of wealthy profiteer scum police has taken over the investigation and we do not know anything about it, but i trust medical workers who gave public statements about this.

Dunno, this thing we call ''way of life'' and freedom of choice seems to make some people endanger others without even thinking about it. Beating up is heavenly tool for such individuals.

Hope you solve this with as little problems as possible, i follow George Galloway talkshow and some stuff he says is really alarming, like that of private medical sector etc. Is it really possible that public health is less worth then money for UK government?

• Like 1

I have been in touch with my garage this morning regards taking a car in tomorrow for an MOT. The garage is staying open and will be working. Their rational is that vehicles need to be fixed so those doing essential jobs can continue to use their cars for work. Which seems reasonable. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

Our marina is closing today.

No hire boats going out and no office staff.

Gates are closed. We have keys to get out if we need/want to.

We were told we have to be self sufficient.

Yippeee  the water gypsies have taken over the marina.

We got a yoga lady starting yoga up. I have never done that before, but will give it a go.

We are going to start digging later to plant some veg.

We can now get out washing lines out.

We got our commune without the religion. :tu:

I take it your marina exclusively caters  for holiday hire boats ? 

5 minutes ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

It should have been introduced earlier, these strict measures.

Imaginary freedoms are less worth than general public health. I applaud this. Fines too, if someone carries the virus and walks around he should first be beaten up then jailed and isolated. 

One guy in my country in city of Mostar came into hospital (he had virus) and he wasn't honest with doctors. Day after most of doctors were affected, imagine. Since he is kid of wealthy profiteer scum police has taken over the investigation and we do not know anything about it, but i trust medical workers who gave public statements about this.

Dunno, this thing we call ''way of life'' and freedom of choice seems to make some people endanger others without even thinking about it. Beating up is heavenly tool for such individuals.

Hope you solve this with as little problems as possible, i follow George Galloway talkshow and some stuff he says is really alarming, like that of private medical sector etc. Is it really possible that public health is less worth then money for UK government?

in a word No.

George Galloway needs to be "out there" controversial its the business he's in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

Your original post was correct, the lines you quoted are taken directly from the government's website.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, stevewinn said:

in a word No.

George Galloway needs to be "out there" controversial its the business he's in.

It's good that its a no, i find it hard to believe it's corrupted to that level too.

As for George yeah he is controversial by today's norm but i do not find him as such - he just opens up and shares his opinion and he is on track on many issues. The reason why i ask is because he explained that private sector takes about 2.5 mil daily from the government and provides their capacity in return. If true its kinda sleasy if you ask me.

• Thanks 1