Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lockdown UK

RoofGardener

3 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Well yesterday i was looking at the sticker on the wheelie bin to see which bin goes out next, as i was looking our next door neighbour come out she's late 70's to throw something in her bin, she mentioned the virus and then coughed i jokingly said stay back, she said its okay i've had it, test come back mild positive. with that her granddaughter pulled up in the car with a loaf, so i never got to find out what that meant.

not very reassuring on the face of it - she might have still got it - but as you say you needed to find out more like how long ago did she have it -  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bee said:

not very reassuring on the face of it - she might have still got it - but as you say you needed to find out more like how long ago did she have it -  

I ain't knocking.

come to think of it, my neighbour the other side who is 83 was talking to her by the front gate. both of them are into their gardening. carry on like that they'll be pushing up daisies not planting them. :o

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, bee said:

as we all know - Prince Charles isn't exactly charismatic... ^_^

but I did like that he gave Shelf Stackers a special mention as key workers helping to keep the country running -

I like both Charles and Princess Anne, as people.  They appear genuine and sincere when they speak.

• Like 3

Hundreds of people working hard. Preparing facilities that we hopefully don't have to use. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Hundreds of rural petrol stations face closure as fuel demand dries up during coronavirus lockdown, trade body warns

At This is Money UK: https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-8174153/Petrol-stations-close-impact-Covid-19.html

this is the kind of thing that will really impact on people and mess with their lives... 

I mentioned the MSM and Agendas a bit earlier and I could speculate that the devastation that all this is having on everything in our lives could usher in Social Engineering on a scale previously unimagined...  

• Like 2

:( 

"Gatwick Airport has suspended all operations at its North Terminal.

"It follows news yesterday that British Airways had cancelled all flights operating from the site.

"Meanwhile budget carrier Easyjet grounded its entire UK fleet this week."

Argus UK News: https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/18349369.coronavirus-gatwick-airport-closes-north-terminal/

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Hundreds of people working hard. Preparing facilities that we hopefully don't have to use. 

wow - they are doing an amazing job building those huge new Nightingale hospitals in such a short time...

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, bee said:

I mentioned the MSM and Agendas a bit earlier and I could speculate that the devastation that all this is having on everything in our lives could usher in Social Engineering on a scale previously unimagined...  

Yeah, it's horrendous the way they're trying to keep people alive... 

1 hour ago, bee said:

we have to remember that it was (and still is) the Main Stream Media that led the charge AGAINST Brexit and AGAINST Trump and now they are leading the charge with a certain kind of slant on the Coronavirus Virus... as they say across the Pond - 'Go Figure' 

I'm not actually telling you to Go Figure....  :)   just making the point that the MSM cannot be trusted - 

that they are the Cavalry for an agenda :unsure2:

I can't argue against the bias that existed, and even in the last couple of years away from here, I still saw it day after day in the media and parliament itself.

The thing that worries me is that people have become so cynical and sceptical, that they are dismissing everything that is being reported, regardless of whether it is relevent, factual, and confirmable via other sources.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LV-426 said:

I can't argue against the bias that existed, and even in the last couple of years away from here, I still saw it day after day in the media and parliament itself.

The thing that worries me is that people have become so cynical and sceptical, that they are dismissing everything that is being reported, regardless of whether it is relevent, factual, and confirmable via other sources.

I think the vast majority of people in the UK can see the value of the governments plan to slow down the spread of the virus to protect the NHS - (as long as it doesn't go on too long and destroy the economy ) only a very small number will be dismissing everything that's being reported... 

Even if it IS coming from the MSM - 

But it doesn't hurt to keep an eye on what they might be up too - in a broader sense... 

Does a leopard change it's spots...?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

Well said. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, bee said:

I think the vast majority of people in the UK can see the value of the governments plan to slow down the spread of the virus to protect the NHS - (as long as it doesn't go on too long and destroy the economy ) only a very small number will be dismissing everything that's being reported... 

Even if it IS coming from the MSM - 

But it doesn't hurt to keep an eye on what they might be up too - in a broader sense... 

Does a leopard change it's spots...?

Only it can hurt, infact the conspiracies I have already had to deal with could be potentially deadly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

I think there is evidence for a more skeptical population but there is still a general acceptance for what is said by Government about the virus. At least for the time being. 

• Like 3

Heard a rumour that the government is thinking about enforcing an alcohol ban and that stores will no longer be able to sell it while the crisis is on because too many drunk related accidents and brawls are draining NHS resources.  Any truth to this, or just a rumour designed to make people buy more booze?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aaron2017 said:

Heard a rumour that the government is thinking about enforcing an alcohol ban and that stores will no longer be able to sell it while the crisis is on because too many drunk related accidents and brawls are draining NHS resources.  Any truth to this, or just a rumour designed to make people buy more booze?

It appears to be fake news. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/scam-nhs-letter-alcohol-ban-coronavirus-a4401951.html

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kismit said:

Only it can hurt, infact the conspiracies I have already had to deal with could be potentially deadly.

Automatically believing everything one is told by the Main Stream Media could be potentially deadly as well...
For example if they keep the hype going too long and whip up a level of fear that is unhelpful... the economy could
suffer badly or crash... poverty could increase dramatically... and with it a break down in law and order... or at least
a massive rise in crime..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

I don't know anyone who is dismissing everything that's being reported..... do you?

17 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

And with good reason. 

The media exists to pedal their angle of the story. 

Trouble is we can go direct to sources and cut out the political narrative. 

Happened on the radio tonight. There I am cooking our tea listening to the Govts daily briefing.  - Yesterday just as they started to take questions from media the radio cut away. I actually said out loud I wanted to hear the questions. Yet tonight just as they got to the questions I expected them to once again cut away. But no we got the first question from BBCs Laura Kungessberg and the Govt answer. But as they asked the second question Rigby sky news the radio cut away. So that was that. Oh if you hadn't of guessed station it was BBC. Its clear the editorial order is if the question is from a BBC reporter stay with the feed if its not cut it. And it's the same with sky news you watch their later bulletin and it only shows their reporters questions. 

So I had to turn to YouTube to watch the full thing. Oh and at the end I didn't need it to be explained by the presenter after I'd just sat through it. Like they think people are to thick to understand. 

Today Laura Kungessberg "has the Govt done enough" is she expecting them to say no. What sort of question is that?

Just for balance I watched the brief unedited and then switched to sky news.

During it, Ms Rigby, to promote her "lock up everyone who is not an essential worker like me" argument, asked if the death rate was accelerating.

Sir Patrick Vallance gave her a very good reply at some length, but, very politely, said it was wrong to use the term "accelerating".

Later in the evening, I happened to see Sky's highlight version of the presser. Needles to say, that consisted of only the questions that Beth had asked, regardless of questions from other hacks,

Sir Patrick's reply to her was given in full. Except one little bit got edited out. The bit where he said she was wrong to say "accelerating".

So, just to make her look infallible, any viewer would be left with the impression, given that her allegation of acceleration now appeared to be unchallenged by the CSA, that death rates are indeed accelerating.

A tiny little example, but they have the gall constantly to accuse The Donald of twisting facts and fake news...

"The UK media has lost the plot. You stand for nothing, you support nothing, you criticise, you drip. It's a spectator sport to criticise anybody or anything, and what the media says fuels public expectation, and narrative. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

I think there is evidence for a more skeptical population but there is still a general acceptance for what is said by Government about the virus. At least for the time being. 

I think some are still sceptical.

This is why I've had a difference of opinion with @stevewinn - which I won't continue if you don't mind steve, as it's heading nowhere that helps any of us right now ;)

Our government - along with governments all around the world - have made it crystal clear, both in words and actions, that this is much more than a regular flu. The lockdowns, the temporary hospital and morgue facilities, the warnings of up to six months or more of some form of restrictions.

These things aren't fuelled by media hype or even public panic, they're measures reluctantly introduced due to the serious nature of this pandemic. I mean, can anyone seriously imagine the Trumps and Putins of this world reacting to media sensationalism, and trashing their economies!?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bee said:

I don't know anyone who is dismissing everything that's being reported..... do you?

Everything? No.

I am still seeing this "it's only flu" narrative everywhere though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LV-426 said:

Everything? No.

I am still seeing this "it's only flu" narrative everywhere though.

Maybe because that's what the Govt health expert as continued to say. For the vast majority it's a mild flu like illness. A heavy cold. 

5 minutes ago, bee said:

Automatically believing everything one is told by the Main Stream Media could be potentially deadly as well...
For example if they keep the hype going too long and whip up a level of fear that is unhelpful... the economy could
suffer badly or crash... poverty could increase dramatically... and with it a break down in law and order... or at least
a massive rise in crime..

I am a small business owner Bee. Well aware of just how precarious this is. Aware of my responsibility towards the welfare of my staff and towards the stimulation of the economy. I need to be able to reopen or I may become bankrupt. I need to be fully aware of what the Government here and in the rest of the world are doing. paying attention to the numbers, the collection of data,how it's collected,  what the WHO are saying, and I must be able to discern relevance of information. My ability to keep a roof over my head and 7 other families depends on it. 

And we are also well aware of the potential for a spike in crime. If your government has not got you on lockdown then they are happy to see the death toll and the infection toll rise. If you are on lockdown and disobeying lock down you are not only risking peoples lives through infection but prolonging what could be economically devastating and potentially making it worse financially. 

The conspiracies are creating the conditions that are increasing deaths, infections and prolonged risk to economies. Just look into the countries who have jumped on top of the problem compared to the ones who have not. Don't worry about collecting your news from any news source. Just do relevant searches on testing, restriction of movement, and deaths, then compare it to the countries which aren't doing so well.

The conspiracies are a far greater risk. And of course you are aware that China and Russia have actively been involved in a disinformation campaign since people started the conspiracy of biological warfare. China is willing to weld people into there homes, leave people dead in apartments, drag people out of their homes if they have a temperature, lie about death and infection rates and pretend they are all under control and yet they wouldn't possibly start a few rumours on line to create a look what they are doing smoke screen, like the nonsense that is coming out now of agendas.

Where on earth does China's agenda match up with The American agenda and the New world Order agenda? They don't and they can't, your conspiracy is not even valid.

• Like 1

Just now, stevewinn said:

Maybe because that's what the Govt health expert as continued to say. For the vast majority it's a mild flu like illness. A heavy cold.

And you're criticizing the media for putting a spin on things! :rolleyes:

That is NOT what the health experts in the daily breifings have been saying at all. They've been going to painful lengths to emphasize that this is far more serious than a flu virus.

Yes, the majority suffer mild syptoms, but the numbers of deaths that are stacking up globally are frightning.

Seriously steve, do honestly in your wildest dreams believe that everything you're seeing happening around the world right now is panic due to media hype? An overreaction to a regular flu outbreak? Give me a break...

• Like 1

Looking at events being cancelled in August.  Are they expecting this crisis to continue right up to August, or is it simply a lack of funds because the revenue they are currently losing probably means they can't afford to put on their summer / winter events.  e.g.  If a popular air show display relies heavily on their monthly profits, and are making nothing right now, then without their Spring profits, they can't put on any shows in Summer/Autumn.  Trying to figure out why some events are cancelled in August while others are still going ahead.  Is it a question of money, or a question of safety?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Aaron2017 said:

Looking at events being cancelled in August.  Are they expecting this crisis to continue right up to August, or is it simply a lack of funds because the revenue they are currently losing probably means they can't afford to put on their summer / winter events.  e.g.  If a popular air show display relies heavily on their monthly profits, and are making nothing right now, then without their Spring profits, they can't put on any shows in Summer/Autumn.  Trying to figure out why some events are cancelled in August while others are still going ahead.  Is it a question of money, or a question of safety?

I would imagine events are being looked at by there organizers on a case by case basis. The ones that have mass gatherings of people (Air shows) will be the last events to be allowed by government to restart. 

There is not much point sorting advertising and ticket sales if you think an event will likely not happen?