Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When UFOs gatecrashed War Games

Eldorado

"When a massive international war-games exercise known as Operation Mainbrace convened in the North Sea in 1952, it brought together 80,000 military personnel, 1,000 planes and 200 ships from nine countries.

"There were also some unexpected attendees: UFOs.

"Multiple sightings of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) during Operation Mainbrace (also known as Exercise Mainbrace) were documented by pilots and naval officers and appeared on radar, according to the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (NICAP), a federal agency that compiled witness accounts of UFO encounters from the 1950s through the 1980s."

Full monty at Space dot com: Link

Operation Mainbrace: Wikipedia

Edited by Eldorado

On 3/25/2020 at 3:29 AM, Tuco's Gas said:

Meh...military aircraft from other countries which were not seen previously by pilots making UFO claims.

Absolutely not. Did you read the article and have you looked into the case? If not then please do before hand waving it away. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

Absolutely not. Did you read the article and have you looked into the case? If not then please do before hand waving it away. 

They're free to respond how they wish. Same as you are,

• Like 1

Yeah, those highly trained military personnel in state of the art planes and ships must have been mistaken. It must have been some secret project, possibly foreign, not alien tech, no way it could ever be that. All those military personnel must be wrong. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Yeah, those highly trained military personnel in state of the art planes and ships must have been mistaken. It must have been some secret project, possibly foreign, not alien tech, no way it could ever be that. All those military personnel must be wrong. 

Well considering there's not a whole lot of verifiable documentation on the event in regards to UFOs, I would venture a guess that this is sensationalism of more mundane explanations. No photos? No testimonies? Where are the senior officer reports? Where are the vetted flight logs to corroborate? Where are the deck officer logs that would mention such an amazing event?

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2020 at 9:16 PM, Trelane said:

They're free to respond how they wish. Same as you are,

Of course they are, where did I state otherwise? 

4 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

Of course they are, where did I state otherwise? 

Post #3: "Did you read the article and have you looked into the case? If not then please do before hand waving it away"

They don't have to review or read anything if they choose not to prior to responding.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 1:37 AM, Trelane said:

Well considering there's not a whole lot of verifiable documentation on the event in regards to UFOs, I would venture a guess that this is sensationalism of more mundane explanations. No photos? No testimonies? Where are the senior officer reports? Where are the vetted flight logs to corroborate? Where are the deck officer logs that would mention such an amazing event?

well, there ya go= someone hears a little rumor, spreads it about, It gets picked up by the ufo community & bobs your uncle.
No need for real evidence if you believe= much like religion I guess..  actually that's not a guess ^_^

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 1

So .. where's all the actual radar data?  Given this was an exercise, wouldn't that mean that people were being trained?  It's hardly surprising if they can't identify some of what they detect.  That's what UFO means, it doesn't mean flippin aliens.

And if there is not some discussion about radar anomalies and proper interpretation of contacts, then this is all a bit of a waste of time.  So, OP, how's about you cite the bits where all that is covered?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

So, OP, how's about you cite the bits where all that is covered?

yep, how's about it

:sleepy:

Just so we're clear on all this.... this is a History Channel creation (I could probably stop right there..).  It is listed as in the sci-FI genre.  FI=Fiction.

"each case blends UFO theories with authentic historical events"

Any embellishment goin' on, do ya think?  From https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/15/arts/television/project-blue-book-history-true-story.html

merlin_149218185_0534eb01-c31e-4fcb-ad88

Nah, that's absolutely legit historical footage, right there..

And those who present this stuff as fact, wonder why they get a hard time.....

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1