Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Angel or ghost?

Mitch38

I would like to know what y'all think about my current situation. It involves my cell phone and, books written by a certain author.  I'm not sure of the rules about mentioning certain people but I'm not affiliated with the phone company OR the author, of the two books, in ANY WAY.

Six months ago my life was heading south faster than an avalanche on a steep Big Sky mountain. After a string of unexplainable, demonic and then Miraculous, events I turned my life around. 

My first act as starting to live with God in my life, was to read up on him. I had always been spiritual but, never religious. So I checked out a book, from the Lafayette library, written by author John Eldredge. ''Walking With God".  After reading one day, I sat my cell phone on the book. It immediately made a sound I had never heard before. I grabbed it, checking for icons or, something, for the reason it made the sound. I couldn't find anything. I sat it back down and it continued to make the unfamiliar sound.  Odd right? I wrote it off and moved on.

I tried to make the sound on other books. If it was God, I thought the Bible would, SURELY, make it go off. Nothing. I tried tables, magazines, and other religious books. Again, Nothing. I even tried my wife's phone on the book. Same response, silence. The phone and book continued the sound until I finished the last page. It stopped as curiously as it had began and, ONLY on that specific book.  

We took the book back and I got another John Eldredge book. "Waking The Dead".  A few days after getting the book, I dropped a sixteen-foot 2x6 on my cell phone, from a second story balcony, while at work. I was not happy about the cell phone but, even MORE upset because I KNEW I had just lost the miracle.  

A few days later I received my new phone. A different phone entirely. With my wife next to me and, me nearly in tears, I prayed to God for my small miracle to continue with this new phone and book. I booted up the new phone then slowly, and softly, placed it on the book.  To my everlasting JOY, it made the sound! The unfamiliar, yet now, familiar sound brought a huge smile of happiness and relief to my face. 

The Android and, John Eldredge book, continues, to this very moment , to make the particular sound.  NEVER making it any other time or, in any other situation.  JUST while being matched together.  I think it's Angels trying to give me a message. Sometimes it'll make the ring once a day and other times numerous times in a sitting.  I counted 35 times once. 35 TIMES.  What is the message I'm supposed to be getting?  I thought of Morse Code or, just the vibrations of something talking to me through this spiritual book. I honestly can't figure it out but, I want to before I finish this new book. Which I am reading VERY slowly.  

Do any of you have any thoughts or ideas to help me out?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Mitch38 said:

Your phone has a camera, no doubt, so just record it happening..  Or if that doesn't work, use another phone to do so.  Also, you can use the volume control to isolate whether it's a ring tone, alarm, notification, etc so you can track it down.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Your phone has a camera, no doubt, so just record it happening..  Or if that doesn't work, use another phone to do so.  Also, you can use the volume control to isolate whether it's a ring tone, alarm, notification, etc so you can track it down.

We've recorded it several times with my wife's phone.  I haven't checked to see which tone it actually is but, it is NOT assigned to ANY of my notifications or alerts. Nor is it attached to my ringtones either general nor personal.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mitch38 said:

Thought:  There are no angels.  There are no ghosts.  There is a rational explanation for everything.  Seek and ye shall find.

Second Thought:  There are no miracles.  There are no blessings.  There are no curses.  There is only Fear in the human mind.  That is all.

Edited by joc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, joc said:

Thought:  There are no angels.  There are no ghosts.  There is a rational explanation for everything.  Seek and ye shall find.

Second Thought:  There are no miracles.  There are no blessings.  There are no curses.  There is only Fear in the human mind.  That is all.

Even though I disagree immensely, I thank you for your thoughts.  'To each their own' I like to say.  Believing in God and Angels gives me hope and makes me not afraid to die.  I've experienced too many unexplainable events to believe other-wise.  

• Like 2

@Mitch38 I thank you for the laugh.   I know you are the only one who can determine what is actually happening and if it makes you happy to think as you do then don't let anyone change your mind, unless of course you start thinking it means you can fly like Peter Pan or that you should give all your money to John Eldredge.  Miracles are what you make them.  And as for the part about having demons in your life and then finding god, I would be more interested in that story.  If your android is a samsung I would be more likely to think it is a malfunction or software issue.  Or the library books have something electronic in the binding (it is common nowadays) that sets the phone off.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Mitch38 said:

Believing in God and Angels gives me hope and makes me not afraid to die.

Knowing that I am going to die today makes me not afraid to die.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mitch38 said:

We've recorded it several times with my wife's phone.  I haven't checked to see which tone it actually is but, it is NOT assigned to ANY of my notifications or alerts. Nor is it attached to my ringtones either general nor personal.

As we like to work from actual evidence, would you be so kind as to please post the video on Youtube and supply us a link?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Wow. That's a great hypothesis! Library books DO often have those transponder chips in them in order to deter theft. And OP did allude to the fact that the Eldridge books were borrowed from the library. Nice job. I didn't think of that and I'm an electrical contractor! LOL. Doh. 

Actually the chips in the binding are so that it is easy to check them in and out as well.  No more stamping a care, now just a scan and the book is checked out or in.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Yes, but remember too that they degauss the books with the chip by wiping it over a magnet as part of the checkout process too, to deactivate the transponder so it doesn't activate the alarm at the exit doors. Barnes and Noble does this too.

Yes, but the phone might be picking up something from the chip.  Or it is a Samsung and there is no explanation.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Mitch38 said:

My thought is there is a high likelihood that a spiritual source wants you to read and practice this book's teachings. It is what you need at this time. 

I am glad I saw this thread because I honestly believe I have a similar story to tell. I also believe I was paranormally guided to find a book about another spiritual teacher that ended up majorly effecting my life forever. Here's my book story:

A few decades back now I had an intense interest in the paranormal but very little spiritual understanding from the eastern (India) spiritual traditions. Hinduism was nothing more than an odd ball of confusion in my western mind. At a bookstore I read about a two sentence long message about a Guru in India that is supposedly surrounded by many miracles. I put that name 'Sai Baba' in the back of my mind at that point. During my next trip to my local library I browsed the biography section under 'B' for 'Baba' and ended up coming home with the book 'The Holy Man and the Psychiatrist'. That was the beginning of everything eastern and Sai Baba for me.

Now, for the strange (miraculous?? part). Some time later (maybe a year or two) I went back to that library and couldn't find the book. I did a fairly exhaustive search of their records and catalogues and could find no indication that the book exists or ever existed at that library. I really doubt such a new book was dropped by the library when they have books with an inch of dust on them there forever. (Now, to be honest, I can never claim with proof that I am not mistaken in some way and that this all doesn't have a 'normal' explanation, but on this case a paranormal explanation certainly seems to make the most sense and I’ve gone back to that library multiple times). But I can't help but think of how Sai asks that he not be proselytized and that he can reach each person who is ready without our help. Why did I find that book at that library that now supposedly does not exist there?

19 hours ago, Mitch38 said:

It sounds as if the NFC(Near Field Communication) alert is being set off by a chip in the library book. (As @Desertrat56 pointed out.) Some debit and credit cards can cause the same thing to occur.

It is a common occurrence that can be stopped by turning off the NFC control in the settings.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Smartphones/Samsung-S8-making-random-beeping-sound/td-p/410509

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've never seen anyone call an NFC sensor going off a "miracle", but I suppose if you are completely ignorant of technology it would appear that way.

That's me. Completely ignorant but if you'd seen the things I have seen in my life, you wouldn't think this 'miracle'is all that doubtful.  Some people are just spiritually ignorant. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mitch38 said:

That's me. Completely ignorant but if you'd seen the things I have seen in my life, you wouldn't think this 'miracle'is all that doubtful.  Some people are just spiritually ignorant. 

That's like saying, Some people are just ignorant when it comes to Dwarfs and Fairies.   

What you are really ignorant of is the laws of physics.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

It sounds as if the NFC(Near Field Communication) alert is being set off by a chip in the library book. (As @Desertrat56 pointed out.) Some debit and credit cards can cause the same thing to occur.

It is a common occurrence that can be stopped by turning off the NFC control in the settings.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Smartphones/Samsung-S8-making-random-beeping-sound/td-p/410509

Thank you for that info.  I'll try it.  if it works, my Scooby-Doo mystery will be solved.  

• Like 3

I do notice the lack of providing video proof of this paranaturalism.

3 hours ago, Mitch38 said:

So why don't you educate us spiritual ignoramuses by posting a video showing the behavior?  The way you described it, it is easily repeatable..

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

My thought is there is a high likelihood that a spiritual source wants you to read and practice this book's teachings. It is what you need at this time. 

I am glad I saw this thread because I honestly believe I have a similar story to tell. I also believe I was paranormally guided to find a book about another spiritual teacher that ended up majorly effecting my life forever. Here's my book story:

A few decades back now I had an intense interest in the paranormal but very little spiritual understanding from the eastern (India) spiritual traditions. Hinduism was nothing more than an odd ball of confusion in my western mind. At a bookstore I read about a two sentence long message about a Guru in India that is supposedly surrounded by many miracles. I put that name 'Sai Baba' in the back of my mind at that point. During my next trip to my local library I browsed the biography section under 'B' for 'Baba' and ended up coming home with the book 'The Holy Man and the Psychiatrist'. That was the beginning of everything eastern and Sai Baba for me.

Now, for the strange (miraculous?? part). Some time later (maybe a year or two) I went back to that library and couldn't find the book. I did a fairly exhaustive search of their records and catalogues and could find no indication that the book exists or ever existed at that library. I really doubt such a new book was dropped by the library when they have books with an inch of dust on them there forever. (Now, to be honest, I can never claim with proof that I am not mistaken in some way and that this all doesn't have a 'normal' explanation, but on this case a paranormal explanation certainly seems to make the most sense and I’ve gone back to that library multiple times). But I can't help but think of how Sai asks that he not be proselytized and that he can reach each person who is ready without our help. Why did I find that book at that library that now supposedly does not exist there?

Very interesting, for sure.  As these fellas will tell you, there's a plausible explanation for it. I on the other hand choose to believe you are correct in thinking there is something Miraculous about it.  I choose to believe in Miracles and have an open mind, therefore I can be reached with things that can't be explained.  Closed minds receive nothing so they believe in nothing but materialistic things.  Things happen for a reason. I myself have come to learn that I am an empath.  I can and, have always been able to feel and sense things. Maybe you are the same. 

You have intrigued me enough that I would like to read this book. 

20 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

So why don't you educate us spiritual ignoramuses by posting a video showing the behavior?  The way you described it, it is easily repeatable..

Can you post them to this site? I build houses for a living so you'll have to educate this non-geek. I say geek respectfully. It's just not me. 

48 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I do notice the lack of providing video proof of this paranaturalism.

I'm working on it.  If it's what you say it is, explain the stopping of the sound after I finished the first book. not to return until I got the new one.  Does this magnet or whatever it is, have a shelf life between times when it is checked out at the library? will it just stop working? The phone didn't.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mitch38 said:

Can you post them to this site? I build houses for a living so you'll have to educate this non-geek. I say geek respectfully. It's just not me. 

Get yourself a Youtube account, or ask someone who has one to help.  Then upload your video, make sure it is publicly accessible, and post a link here.  If it all sounds too tricky, then surely you must know a geek who can help?

• Like 1