Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Angel or ghost?

Mitch38

48 minutes ago, Mitch38 said:

Very interesting, for sure.  As these fellas will tell you, there's a plausible explanation for it. I on the other hand choose to believe you are correct in thinking there is something Miraculous about it.  I choose to believe in Miracles and have an open mind, therefore I can be reached with things that can't be explained.  Closed minds receive nothing so they believe in nothing but materialistic things.  Things happen for a reason. I myself have come to learn that I am an empath.  I can and, have always been able to feel and sense things. Maybe you are the same. 

You have intrigued me enough that I would like to read this book. 

We are on the same page. The majority of the contributors on this forum do seem to insist on a materialist explanation for every case we come across. I have seen many times over enough evidence to believe beyond any reasonable doubt that the paranormal is part of reality.

Now the figure I mentioned in my story has so many miracles associated with him that you can read about them all day if you want. But his most important teaching is the path to love, peace, happiness and equanimity. He said 'miracles' are just his calling card to get us interested in what is really important. The materialist is content to go out and find whatever negative/hater link they can find on any paranormal/psychic/spiritual figure. And you can certainly find negative attacks against all of then if that is all you are really interested in. These so-called Skeptics are never skeptical of attacks against paranormal/psychic/spiritual figures. 

Move onward in spirituality and experience the inner peace and bliss. 

On 3/25/2020 at 5:36 PM, Mitch38 said:

With my wife next to me and, me nearly in tears, I prayed to God for my small miracle to continue with this new phone and book. I booted up the new phone then slowly, and softly, placed it on the book.  To my everlasting JOY, it made the sound! The unfamiliar, yet now, familiar sound brought a huge smile of happiness and relief to my face. 

Did it ever occur to you that  the ringtone might be a warning rather than an endorsement? John Eldridge is a bit of a creep, and his belief that God created men to long for a battle to fight, an adventure to live, and a beauty to rescue is, quite frankly, medieval. He's also a bit of an outlier in non-Evangelical Christian circles as he's known to 'interpret scripture to support his beliefs. But hey, who doesn't.

I don't for a minute think the ringtone has anything to do with God or angels, but wanted to point out the folly in getting emotionally wrapped up in something that could have a number of different explanations. If Eldridge's books help you, then great. You don't need validation from a ringtone.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mitch38 said:

I'm working on it.  If it's what you say it is, explain the stopping of the sound after I finished the first book. not to return until I got the new one.  Does this magnet or whatever it is, have a shelf life between times when it is checked out at the library? will it just stop working? The phone didn't.

What’s with the ‘you’ language dearie? All I asked for was the video.

14 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Hey bro...I appreciate you sharing your story and I admire your faith and passion. If I were you I wouldn't give two $hits about whether or not the guys on this website believe me. I certainly would not go thru the time and trouble of doing a YouTube.  You shared your story, you had your life turned around and your faith emboldened. It's all good. You owe UM members zilch. You don't need to defend or apologize for a lack of evidence. If they don't believe you, who the hell cares? I wouldn't.  I'd move on. Life's too short.

What I might do is share my story over on a Christian website. Or maybe religiousforums.net. I used to go there.  Pretty cool place. You get some angry atheists with too much time on their hands, but not like here. LOL 

Best wishes, thanks again for sharing. I'm a tradesman like you are. God Bless the Working Man!

God bless the working man for sure.  Thank you for the heads-up. I'll give them a try.  

11 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Did it ever occur to you that  the ringtone might be a warning rather than an endorsement? John Eldridge is a bit of a creep, and his belief that God created men to long for a battle to fight, an adventure to live, and a beauty to rescue is, quite frankly, medieval. He's also a bit of an outlier in non-Evangelical Christian circles as he's known to 'interpret scripture to support his beliefs. But hey, who doesn't.

I don't for a minute think the ringtone has anything to do with God or angels, but wanted to point out the folly in getting emotionally wrapped up in something that could have a number of different explanations. If Eldridge's books help you, then great. You don't need validation from a ringtone.

The book just came at a pivotal time in my life. Before the good there was plenty of bad events that happened that couldn't be as easily explained away. Maybe I'll share just to get an uproar again.  I see these guys chomp at the bit to debunk anything that you can't hold in your hand.  THank you for sharing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you really want to test this, all you have to do it go into the main phone settings and turn off the NFC sensor and see if that makes the "miracle" stop. It's a very simple thing to do. You can't turn a "miracle" on and off with a switch.

As for digging on people trying to explain this, claiming something is a miracle while not checking basic causes is the only behavior that should be denounced. There's nothing wrong with trying to understand something, but remaining willfully ignorant is deplorable.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Mitch38 said:

The book just came at a pivotal time in my life. Before the good there was plenty of bad events that happened that couldn't be as easily explained away. Maybe I'll share just to get an uproar again.  I see these guys chomp at the bit to debunk anything that you can't hold in your hand.  THank you for sharing

I'm of the belief that there's an explanation for everything. Problem is, we don't always have the knowledge or expertise to make an intelligent evaluation, and often rely on simple guesswork. Ultimately, most will simply take the explanation that best affirms their beliefs and values, be they religious, scientific, or something else altogether. Many people who post in this forum aren't even looking for answers; they're looking for affirmation. Skeptics have a difficult time with that; believers, on the other hand, go to town with it. At least you get the benefit of more than one perspective.

I'm sorry you had a dark period in your life, but glad that you were able to turn things around. The fact that you're in a better place right now is what's of consequence, not some silly ringtone. I can't imagine God, angels, or spirits, if they existed, endorsing a particular book or author, nor do I see them fiddling with ringtones to signify their approval. Any interaction with you would be at a much deeper (and subtler) level. The choices you make are your own, as are the consequences of them.

I wish you all the best.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, moonman said:

If you really want to test this, all you have to do it go into the main phone settings and turn off the NFC sensor and see if that makes the "miracle" stop. It's a very simple thing to do. You can't turn a "miracle" on and off with a switch.

As for digging on people trying to explain this, claiming something is a miracle while not checking basic causes is the only behavior that should be denounced. There's nothing wrong with trying to understand something, but remaining willfully ignorant is deplorable.

Miracle explained. Good job fellas. Y'all solved my mystery.  I'll be sure t to post another of my unexplained mysteries. I have a lot.  These may be a little harder to denounce and y'all might enjoy the quandary a bit more. 

I see these guys chomp at the bit to debunk anything that you can't hold in your hand.  

Well, I'll share another true story about cell phone noises to lend more possibility to your claim. Last July my mom passed away in my arms at her home. Within a couple of minutes I called my son and daughter-in-law. It so happened that he and his wife were on a nature walk just outside of phone service range so I left a message on his wife's phone. My son said that while they were walking his wife's phone made a strange sound that it never made before. This is what alerted his wife to see the v-mail I just left. He went on about the oddness of the sound and he is one of those that likes to challenge any paranormal thing I talk about but he was the one stunned by this sound which he said was weirdish. 

Can't prove anything of course. My estimate (I call a Papameter reading (haha)) is 67% Chance of paranormal....33% Chance of normal. 

2 hours ago, Mitch38 said:

I'll be sure t to post another of my unexplained mysteries. I have a lot.  These may be a little harder to denounce and y'all might enjoy the quandary a bit more. 

Round 2 of this? Okay.

• Like 1

Miracle explained. Good job fellas. Y'all solved my mystery.  I'll be sure t to post another of my unexplained mysteries. I have a lot.  These may be a little harder to denounce and y'all might enjoy the quandary a bit more. 

Logic and common sense prevails again.

• Like 1