Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Restarting the Economy

and-then

When do we go back to work?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should president Trump encourage Americans in the least hard-hit areas to get back to work?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should Trump be blamed for Coronavirus deaths if people choose to go back to work?

• Yes
    • No

President Trump is facing the choice in a week or so to try to restart our economy in places that are least affected by Covid-19.  Is it fair to use this decision to crucify him for the inevitable deaths that will be occurring in conjunction with that action?

• Like 1

Where do you think the hooks, which are placed in the jaws of Gog, and her allies, come from?

How is it that the United States is removed from that battlefield? Is it by choice, or does something happen, which makes it impossible to prevent the invasion?

Your physicists will say that the laws of nature are fixed, but I tell you, they are not. Every weapon in the Pentagon’s arsenal is subject to forced error.

The stage is not being set for a rebirth of the United States. When you pray, “Thy Kingdom come,” do you really mean it? 

When you see “In God We Trust,” on anything of value, do not believe it. 

Edited by Raptor Witness

Trump wants to put a fair amount of people back into "close-contact-work-with-others" by Easter.

Trump is a moron.

And, you want to know why he didn't do an Executive Order for common industry to produce necessary medical suplies?

Because he's a moron, caving into CEO's concerns of PROFITS while we die.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Well, it is pretty apparent that it is our wealth and economy that makes America great and not the people.  Wouldn't it be natural to choose that which is most important to us?

The Social Darwinist in me says that America would save a lot in the long run if all of our sick and old just died off.  There would be more money in Social Security left for me and the younger generations if 15% of the 60+ year olds die as well.  Eugenics and all that stuff Hitler was going for.

But then again I have that whole conscience and human empathy going for me that stops me from supporting that whole, "Logan's Run" ideology.

In the end, I think it's a moot point.  Unless something is done to stop the dead bodies from piling up, no ones is going to go back to work like nothing is happening.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Well, it is pretty apparent that it is our wealth and economy that makes America great and not the people.

NOT the people?

That's messed-up.

• Like 2

Some people would not even really care if their neighbors or their own children died... as long as their stock portfolio increases in value by putting people back to work when it is clearly dangerous.

Money. Right????????????????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Why would you want people to go back out and keep this thing going?

Exactly.

• Like 1

Keep protecting the elderly and those with other medical issues, but it’s time to put our big boy and girl pants on. For most this is no worse than the flu. For many it’s less than that. 

We keep hiding in our houses the depression is gonna look like a good time. At least the virus kills fairly quickly. For the unlucky few. Watching people starve to death will be much worse. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Why would you want people to go back out and keep this thing going?

Yeah, that's why I said it would never happen (by Easter).  It's just a Marie Antoinette, "Let them eat cake!" moment of disconnection from reality.

• Like 6

Where are the ventilators and N-95 masks which should be in mass production NOW? States and their hospitals are suffering.

Trump has refused to order it, because he's on the side of "money people" who cry that there will be "lower profit".

This is insane.

I directly blame Trump.

• Like 2

We are going to enter a global great depression if we keep this up.

People are losing jobs everyday. It's going to be a record. The amount of people on unemployment is a record. It's not just hourly jobs, it's professional jobs. I know a ton of people close to losing their jobs if not already.

What all do we need to sacrifice because of this virus. People have delayed surgeries, not been able to see doctors, businesses are closed, people can't sell on Amazon, mass unemployment.

This all has ripple effects. I'm a social worker for old and disabled people, I try to get services for them. The services are all getting suspended. People will not go in to their homes to install equipment, doctors will not see them for their check ups, home health aides are not taking on new people they are just trying to cover who they have, same story with skilled nursing. 

My employer (technically also the city) had to convience the city goverment that even though employees are not working from home, that the city still needs to make sure all these providers get paid on time, because home health aides live pay check to pay check and will all have to quit if you don't pay them, same with the meal providers, etc.

The goverment shutting down our economy is unprecedented in history.

The economy is a slow Boulder that builds momentum as it moves. It's not a light switch you can just turn on and off. We completely stopped the boulder, it will take a long time for it to build momentum again.

We are all still going to get the virus. The point of social distancing is just to slow the rate for the hospitals. If that was the goal all along then I feel like we could of done a much better solution then this.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Never seen a flu that require corpses to be stored in an ice skating rink because of the sheer volume.  Kinda hard to take the kids ice skating if everyone's grandma is taking up all the skating space. 

Seems to be basically over in China. The UK just downgraded the level of severity concerning the virus. 

I live just outside NYC. It’s possible I just had it this past week. Throat burned, dry cough, slight fever for like 3 days straight. Today is the forth day and I’m already bouncing back. I know a 60 year old guy who had basically the same thing. Feeling much better today. From everything I’ve seen this is usually the case. 

Like I said, continue to protect the vulnerable. You can’t destroy the economy over something that effects most people fairly moderately. That will cause suffering this virus couldn’t dream of. At least in its current form. 

This virus is part of our lives now. Our bodies will adjust, build immunity. Its potent right now in part because it’s completely foreign. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Seems to be basically over in China. The UK just downgraded the level of severity concerning the virus. 

I live just outside NYC. It’s possible I just had it this past week. Throat burned, dry cough, slight fever for like 3 days straight. Today is the forth day and I’m already bouncing back. I know a 60 year old guy who had basically the same thing. Feeling much better today. From everything I’ve seen this is usually the case. 

Like I said, continue to protect the vulnerable. You can’t destroy the economy over something that effects most people fairly moderately. That will cause suffering this virus couldn’t dream of. At least in its current form. 

This virus is part of our lives now. Our bodies will adjust, build immunity. Its potent right now in part because it’s completely foreign. 

You know, if we had adequate testing and could test you then I would be more inclined to believe your optimism.  But we don't.  All we have is your faith in the matter.  Instead we are forced to rely on the data we are getting from cases here and in other countries.  And to put it bluntly, there isn't another country out there that isn't locking down over this.  China is just beginning to unlock itself after 4 months.  You think the US is going to be able to do it after 15 days? 

• Like 5

Just now, Gromdor said:

You know, if we had adequate testing and could test you then I would be more inclined to believe your optimism.  But we don't.  All we have is your faith in the matter.  Instead we are forced to rely on the data we are getting from cases here and in other countries.  And to put it bluntly, there isn't another country out there that isn't locking down over this.  China is just beginning to unlock itself after 4 months.  You think the US is going to be able to do it after 15 days? 

I could have easily gotten tested. They set up three different tests sites in my area. I just didn’t cause I felt like crap and didn’t want to go anywhere. Nor did I want to spread it around if I did have it. Plus I thought, if I don’t have it, if it was just a flu, why go someplace where others most certainly did have it while my immune system was compromised? 

I’m not saying to jump right back into business as usual right this second. I’m just saying now is the time to talk about just how long this is gonna go on, and what are the repercussions going to be the longer we lock down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Trump has refused to order it

I directly blame Trump.

Just curious... who told you that??

• Thanks 1

The idea of getting people back into church by Easter is a goal, not an Executive Order. The churches will make that decision. They’ve already made wise decisions to close the churches and hold Sunday service online.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

We are going to enter a global great depression if we keep this up.

People are losing jobs everyday. It's going to be a record. The amount of people on unemployment is a record. It's not just hourly jobs, it's professional jobs. I know a ton of people close to losing their jobs if not already.

What all do we need to sacrifice because of this virus. People have delayed surgeries, not been able to see doctors, businesses are closed, people can't sell on Amazon, mass unemployment.

This all has ripple effects. I'm a social worker for old and disabled people, I try to get services for them. The services are all getting suspended. People will not go in to their homes to install equipment, doctors will not see them for their check ups, home health aides are not taking on new people they are just trying to cover who they have, same story with skilled nursing. 

My employer (technically also the city) had to convience the city goverment that even though employees are not working from home, that the city still needs to make sure all these providers get paid on time, because home health aides live pay check to pay check and will all have to quit if you don't pay them, same with the meal providers, etc.

The goverment shutting down our economy is unprecedented in history.

The economy is a slow Boulder that builds momentum as it moves. It's not a light switch you can just turn on and off. We completely stopped the boulder, it will take a long time for it to build momentum again.

We are all still going to get the virus. The point of social distancing is just to slow the rate for the hospitals. If that was the goal all along then I feel like we could of done a much better solution then this.

The social distancing woud have worked better if people had actually done it and done it earlier. but the US has inept leadership that told it's citizens that the virus would go away like a miracle. 

And you STILL have the iTs JuST A fLu morons running around not taking it seriously 

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

The social distancing woud have worked better if people had actually done it and done it earlier. but the US has inept leadership that told it's citizens that the virus would go away like a miracle. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, acidhead said:

All anyone wants is the idiot in chief to take this seriously, but instead he's the moron we know he is. No wonder so many of you love him.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

All anyone wants is the idiot in chief to take this seriously, but instead he's the moron we know he is. No wonder so many of you love him.

Man, people can be such jerks on here. Immature. This isn't Twitter. I thought people carried themselves better here, able to disagree without resorting to saying things like this. You guys think if you word it carefully, no one will know you're calling everyone who disagrees with you an idiot.

At least we don't get many response memes, so that's a start.

Edited by _Only
for teh memes
  • Like 4