Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery man buys entire village fish & chips

Still Waters

A mystery man has arranged to buy his entire village fish and chips in a bid to bring the community together during the coronavirus lockdown.

Stephen Davidson, owner of The Fox Inn in Denchworth, Oxfordshire, said he had been recruited by his fellow villager.

He said he also wanted to show "how important pubs are to village life" and hoped others would follow his lead.

The meals will be delivered on Friday and there are plans for more in the coming weeks.

The generous donor was not a frequent user of the pub, Mr Davidson explained.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-52047985

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Mystery man buys entire village fish & chips

Now if the Fox across the pond can muster something as commendable instead of telling the old folks to prepare to die for the country... 

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not everyone is a egocentric and avaricious individual. Just 99% of the World.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, third_eye said:

Now if the Fox across the pond can muster something as commendable instead of telling the old folks to prepare to die for the country... 

~

What a stupid thing to say. 

So some guy buys everyone Fish & Chips.  If prepared by an infected individual he's just got a bunch of people sick.  Personally I'm preparing everything I eat for that reason, you have to be a fool to let other people handle your food right now.

My sister and a lot of her friends are very busy using their own resources sewing masks for local hospitals, what a stupid American she is.  Not nearly as commendable as some dumb ass buying one single meal for everyone.

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Davulao said:

Not everyone is a egocentric and avaricious individual. Just 99% of the World.

Ever watch the TV show "What Would You Do"?  It's amazing the high percentage of people that are exactly the opposite as you assume they are here.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So some guy buys everyone Fish & Chips.  If prepared by an infected individual he's just got a bunch of people sick.  Personally I'm preparing everything I eat for that reason, you have to be a fool to let other people handle your food right now.

My sister and a lot of her friends are very busy using their own resources sewing masks for local hospitals, what a stupid American she is.  Not nearly as commendable as some dumb ass buying one single meal for everyone.

Scientists believe the coronavirus is not foodborne. Cooking will kill the virus. The danger would be the packaging.

It's not a contest as to who is doing what, or more. It's enough that people are doing what they can. There are people who would appreciate a meal, as much as a hospital would appreciate masks. Kudos to your sister and her friends for their contribution. I know only too well how desperate hospitals are for such supplies - not to protect themselves, but to protect their patients.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

It's not a contest as to who is doing what, or more. It's enough that people are doing what they can. There are people who would appreciate a meal, as much as a hospital would appreciate masks. Kudos to your sister and her friends for their contribution. I know only too well how desperate hospitals are for such supplies - not to protect themselves, but to protect their patients.

Yes, I agree.  I was triggered by a statement made by someone who lately seems to take pleasure from the suffering in the USA as long as he can get a good dig in on trump, deserved or not (not in this case).  Who cares about people?  A guy buys fish in England sooooo  TRUMP :angry:.  Seriously.  Dick.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yes, I agree.  I was triggered by a statement made by someone who lately seems to take pleasure from the suffering in the USA as long as he can get a good dig in on trump, deserved or not (not in this case).  Who cares about people?  A guy buys fish in England sooooo  TRUMP :angry:.  Seriously.  Dick.

I think we're all mad at our (and other) governments to one degree or another, especially knowing that something could have been done as early as January.  And now people are paying a price for the deliberate misinformation from the countries initially affected, and for the slow response by other countries as a result of it. People of all ages are getting sick and far too many are dying. Others live in a state of fear, not just about the risk to their health, but also because they are terrified they will lose their jobs. I would hate to think that anyone takes great pleasure in this, and sometimes a dig at a country's leader is because they don't, not because they do. I understand, however, why you were triggered.

I read an article earlier today about your area anticipating a surge in cases. Fingers crtossed it doesn't happen. Stay safe.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

It's the thought that counts? 

~

Just to add... It's Trump and his lot that's digging, a big deep one...

Dumb ass indeed... 

:lol:

~

Just get back to work, you'll be fine... 

Seriously... not sure about Dick, Tom or Harry but Joe is sure 

~