Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Covid-busting ingenuity

Eldorado
Posted (edited)

"Companies the world over are directing their ingenuity at the fight against the coronavirus.

"Here are the front-runners, from sanitising robots to a 3D-printed hospital ward "

Full article at the UK Guardian: Link

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

aztek
Posted (edited)

there are STLs publicly available on thingiverse, for mask, respirators, face shields,  dozens, if not hundreds, i'm printing a mask right now, it will take about 20 hours to complete,  will see how it'll work out, i personally sceptical on how correctly it would fit, but i have to try to be sure,

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

third_eye

Just make sure the pinheads in suits can't pin a law suit on it... 

17 Mar 2020 · 3D Printed Valve (Photo : Screenshot From 3D Printer szerviz Facebook Page) Medical Company Threatens  ...

6 days ago · UNITED KINGDOM — Manufacturers such as Vauxhall and Airbus are planning to repurpose their factories and utilize ..

~

• Like 2

aztek

problem with  3d printing, it takes too long to make one part,  also resolution is not that great, with common fmd printers,  it is better with new sla resin printers, but they are even slower,  with injection molding, it takes time to make a mold, but parts are done in seconds, with higher resolution,  now however, cnc machines can create molds faster.  

• Like 2