Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does it mean...

Justinsantos98

5 minutes ago, Justinsantos98 said:

What does it mean when when you randomly think of someone and hope they’re doing well?

Just something that pops up. It happens to me often. 

• Like 7

Seems nothing more than a normal random feeling to me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Well, few thoughts that seemingly pop into our mind are truly random. Our brains love to seek and find patterns and connections. So, I'm guessing that something you thought of or saw or did fired up those synapses in your memory banks (the hippocampus) which in turn connected to the part of your RAM (LOL) where the memory of your friend was stored.

In fact, so programmed we are to our previously formed and deeply etched neural pathways that some psychologists claim that nothing we do is truly spontaneous, and we have far less "free will" than we think.

You really like to get scientific into subjects, don't you? I like that!

4 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Yeah, guilty as charged. Psych major and still avid reader on Psych...especially Abnormal or Criminal Psych.

Nothing wrong with that. I will get scientific into certain subjects as well! 

Psychology is a tough subject, good on you man!

9 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Thanks. I had to return to University about 7 years to get my degree, after my original stint right after high school, when I went there on an athletic scholarship and rarely cracked a book. LOL.  Psych always intrigued me, and they say that many who get into the field do so due to psychologically issues of their own, and their quest to understand them. I plead guilty to that too!

Honestly, I can agree with that! Having psychological problems, or having grown up with family members having them. I can see this developing into wanting to learn more about it, and getting a degree on the subject.

9 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Yep. And when you think about it, what can be more interesting than the human mind and how it works? Why we do the things we do? Even when they're not good for us? Or downright harmful? And sociopaths. Psychopaths. The age old question: born that way or made that way? Or is it both? Anyway, good stuff. I'm reading a book right now called "Behave" that tries to answer all that. It's totally engrossing, kept me up till 2 am last night. LOL 

Cheers!

I have some questions though! But we have ran this post on a tangent long enough. lol

4 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

what can be more interesting than the human mind and how it works?

Hi Tusco's

I usually do what people say you can't do just to see whether or not they have researched the material objectively.:whistle:

jmccr8