Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boris has it

Duke Wellington

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

He was tested yesterday and its confirmed he has Corona Virus.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-boris-johnson-tests-positive-for-covid-19-11964493

While I hope he gets better with no problems I find it hilarious that the leader gets it lol.

I'm not surprised at all. BoJo went on Sky TV live standing alongside the Chief Medical Officer and told the UK:

'I am shaking hands continuously. I was in a hospital the other night where I think there were actually a few coronavirus patients, and I shook hands with everybody you'll be pleased to know … and I continue to shake hands … people can make up their own minds but I think the scientific evidence is … [Chief Medical Officer interjects here with: 'Wash your hands'] … our judgement is wash, wash your hands is the crucial thing.'

Allowing that at the time he was probably trying to lead the herd in their bid for immunity, it is clear that he did not wash his hands.

Stay in! 

That's all we ask, just ... stay in and keep as well out of everybody's way as possible :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Boris has now moved into the Intensive care unit.  The government press office says it is simply a precautionary measure in case he needs a ventilator, but several doctors have told Skynews and the BBC that patients are not moved into ICU as a precautionary measure.  There needs to be a specific medical reason for them to go there.  There is growing suspicion that the PM's press office is not telling the whole truth.

Edited by Aaron2017
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Aaron2017 said:

Boris has now moved into the Intensive care unit.  The government press office says it is simply a precautionary measure in case he needs a ventilator, but several doctors have told Skynews and the BBC that nobody can be moved into ICU as a precautionary measure.  You either need to go, or you don't.  There is growing suspicion that the PM's press office is not telling the whole truth.

Who would be acting PM if he is incapacitated or dies?

Just now, and then said:

Dominic Raab is currently deputising as PM while Boris is currently unable to perform his duties.  On March 23rd the government confirmed that Secretary of State Dominic Raab would be designated to replace Boris Johnson if he became "incapacitated" due to COVID-19.  It is unknown if his position would be temporary, but it likely would be until the crisis is over and a new leader is appointment, but let's hope that Boris gets through this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Aaron2017 said:

Boris has now moved into the Intensive care unit.  The government press office says it is simply a precautionary measure in case he needs a ventilator, but several doctors have told Skynews and the BBC that patients are not moved into ICU as a precautionary measure.  There needs to be a specific medical reason for them to go there.  There is growing suspicion that the PM's press office is not telling the whole truth.

They are not saying on the news, he has not gone in as a precautionary measure.

He is the prime minister, but they are saying this is not why he has gone, he has gone in because he needs to.

Jeeeze, I so hope he pulls through this. This is scary.

His partner is pregnant and has recovered from the virus, I so feel for them all.

Very very trying times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, and then said:

As Aaron2017 said, it's Dominic Raab (by default).

It's a strange situation, to not have a Deputy PM, but it's optional to appoint one. The last one was Nick Clegg under David Cameron, before Theresa May's premiership.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1

***********************************************Boris Johnson in August 2019

***********************************************Sams Candles Of Hope (@samscandles) | Twitter

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Aaron2017 said:

but let's hope that Boris gets through this.

Absolutely.  I wish him a speedy recovery.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There is some dispute on the media over whether Raab should deputise, or should it be the Chancellor of the Exchequer, as they don't know who is second in importance after the PM. Without a written constitution, precendence guides in the UK, and the precedent for this situation is in Lord Russell, as Foreign Secretary, taking over from PM Lord Palmerston when he died in office in 1865.

Edited by Wepwawet

1 minute ago, Eldorado said:

He was ok this afternoon.

I don't believe a word of it!

He was taken to the hospital "as a precaution", and now he's in ICU as a precaution.

:huh:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, acute said:

He was taken to the hospital "as a precaution", and now he's in ICU as a precaution.

:huh:

They have just now said on the news he was taken into hospital because he was having difficulty breathing and they had to give him oxygen.

VERY sadly i believe he is on a ventilator now he is intensive care.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

They have just now said on the news he was taken into hospital because he was having difficulty breathing and they had to give him oxygen.

VERY sadly i believe he is on a ventilator now he is intensive care.

His GFs Twitter account has said he is on a ventilator now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

We are clearly being given delayed information, drip fed. We were told, three hours ago, that he was not being given oxygen, but now we are told that, it seems, before going into the ICU he had been given oxygen, presumably by a mask being fed from a cylinder. We are still being told he is not on a ventilator. If you need oxygen by mask for a serious respiritory condition, you do not go into the ICU to "not be given oxygen", but to go onto a ventilator. If he were a private individual then we would have no right to be informed as to his state of health, but he is the second most important person in the land after the monarch, and, it can be argued, more important as he has executive control. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

His GFs Twitter account has said he is on a ventilator now.

I do not do twitter. 

It has not come up on the news yet, but I believe she is telling it as it really is. It makes sense as he had to be given oxygen.

The political reporter is back on the bbc as i type, she has not mentioned it yet, but she is looking and sounding nervous. Maybe they are waiting for the hospital to confirm it before taking it from the twiiter tweet.

I so hope he makes it through and best wishes to his family. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am pretty sure he will pull through fairly quickly. 

They had a Doctor on the radio earlier saying that most patients who have had it around his age found themselves sleeping 18 to 20 hours.

Boris has been working throughout which the doctor was concerned impeded his recovery.

Now the decision to work will be taken out of his hands and he can get the important rest to make a recovery.

Obviously this is however very serious and worrying.

• Like 1

Just now, aztek said:

whatever the gvnt tells you, the truth is opposite

So we shouldn't be washing our hands and should be licking hand rails on the tube? 

And you should be believing the mainstream media and ignoring Trump? 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, acute said:
32 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

He was ok this afternoon.

Maybe I'm right!

Sky News.

(Dumbledore would love that!)

• Thanks 2

Many of the victims had underlying health problems.  The Guardian reports that:

'While Johnson is not known to have any underlying health conditions, he has been open about his struggle with obesity - a known risk factor for coronavirus.  More than 70% of patients placed in intensive care after being infected with Covid-19 were overweight, obese or severely obese on the body mass index scale.  In December 2018, when Johnson was foreign secretary, he said in the Spectator that he weighed 16 and a half stone, which at 5ft 9in would have put him in the obese category. Johnson has lost weight since then, but it has fluctuated significantly throughout his political career.'

We just heard he is in the ICU and will be put on a ventilator if needed. I wish him all the best and that he'll come through with a full recovery.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-k-prime-minister-boris-johnson-intensive-care-coronavirus-n1177851

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Aaron2017 said:

While Johnson is not known to have any underlying health conditions, he has been open about his struggle with obesity - a known risk factor for coronavirus.

He also likes a drink.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1