Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EU meltdown.

hetrodoxly

THE ITALIAN prime minister last night poured scorn on his European Union colleagues after they failed to agree an economic rescue package to help his country navigate the coronavirus crisis.

Coming from the country that smoked the data on their economy causing the Euro's value to drop........

P.I.G.S. 'Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain". Kick em out of the EU and it will do just fine......

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Coming from the country that smoked the data on their economy causing the Euro's value to drop........

P.I.G.S. 'Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain". Kick em out of the EU and it will do just fine......

So kick half of europe out of the EU and it will be fine ? Lol

Edited by spartan max2

Just now, spartan max2 said:

So kick half of europe out of the EU and it will be fine ? Lol

Either that or arrest all the corrupt politicos they catch, filling up all their prisons. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Piney said:

Either that or arrest all the corrupt politicos they catch, filling up all their prisons. 

Two quite amusing ideas, but I'd say they're not necessary at the moment. Any 'news' about the EU from British sources have little to do with reality. 

In reality, any politician whose platform is 'populist', therefore anti-EU, will, logically, criticize the EU even if there's nothing to criticize.

I see Orban was making noises too, about inadequate EU response to COVID, while it was him who just realized Hungary should do what the rest of the EU is already doing, which is slowing the spread of the infection. 

Italy was hit hard with COVID, the EU will help them, but it doesn't mean the currently losing popularity populists will be financed by the EU as they wish, not considering other members.    

No, the EU is not melting as Brexiters keep praying for. It might break down, certainly, or lose some of the members led by less rational governments, but it will probably get out of this crisis more united, with new, practical knowledge about the importance and ways to coordinate actions of all members.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

what were those Russian Army vehicles doing in Italy? it seems the Russians, Chinese and even CUBA are coming to the aid of Italy. 

headline says it all.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-russia-eu/russian-aid-to-italy-leaves-eu-exposed-idUSKBN21D28K

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

what were those Russian Army vehicles doing in Italy? it seems the Russians, Chinese and even CUBA are coming to the aid of Italy. 

They were rehearsing for the reenactment of Dunkirk. 

The aid does come from Russia, China and even Cuba, but not to Italy only. Anyone sane can only be grateful and very glad because of apparently still existing common sense all around the world. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

headline says it all.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-russia-eu/russian-aid-to-italy-leaves-eu-exposed-idUSKBN21D28K

Germany treats first Italians as coronavirus care crosses borders

BERLIN/MANNHEIM, Germany (Reuters) - German hospitals with spare capacity on Tuesday welcomed their first coronavirus patients from Italy, where an overwhelmed health care system has seen the pandemic kill more people than in any other country.

Ahead of an expected larger wave of home-grown infections that German authorities are preparing for, a first group of six Italian patients arrived at Leipzig airport in the eastern state of Saxony on Tuesday morning.

The western state of North Rhine-Westphalia also announced plans to take 10 Italian patients over coming days. “We need solidarity across borders in Europe,” said state premier Armin Laschet. “We want to preserve the European spirit.”

Reuters

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

The aid does come from Russia, China and even Cuba, but not to Italy only. Anyone sane can only be grateful and very glad because of apparently still existing common sense all around the world. 

Explain how the evacuation of British and allied troops from a beach head in 1940 (WW2) has with this?

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

:lol:

• Like 2

I do hope that the trials of the virus lead to more mutual generosity and positives than fighting over the last face mask. Bad times always seems to split us up into the good sorts and those who snap into fear and lashing out.

I am rooting for the good sorts, be they Russian or Brits or Germans.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, toast said:

:lol:

don't know what your laughing at she's reminding everyone of the darkest days in your countrys History and one of the finest moments in ours. no doubt she'll be accusing me of thread drift in a minute.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

don't know what your laughing at she's reminding everyone of the darkest days in your countrys History and one of the finest moments in ours. no doubt she'll be accusing me of thread drift in a minute.

Nah, I'll accuse you of not knowing your country's history. Because Steve, Dunkirk was not one of the finest moments in your country's history.

There were worse, such as covering for Russians after Katyn massacre, or bombing civilian refugee camp in North Africa (by - oopsy - a minor mistake), decorating the same Serbian royalist collaborator (forgot ****er's name, but I can find it if you wish) that was decorated by Hitler before you did the same, not to mention post-war slaughter of the unarmed, wounded and mostly forcibly mobilized 'enemy', without any trials or conscience, that your perverted politicians enabled...   

I'm Eastern European. You can't sell me the cheap mythical pathetic you thrive on.  

(There's an actual saying in my part of the world: woe to those who depend on Russians for food and on English for defence.) 

That being said, the EU will try alleviating the COVID shock. The accent won't and shouldn't be on bags of money some people bizarrely were hoping for, it will be on further strengthening of cooperation that can actually heal economies, not just line particular pockets, unlike short-sighted greed and retarded nationalisms. Funds are there, but to be purposely used, by all members. 

The outright inhumane Brexiter cheering on 'melting' of anyone amid pandemic is not only tasteless, it's also unintelligent too. Because your union is much more wobbly than EU right now and your attitude both to COVID and the economic crisis it brings guarantees you you'll suffer much greater and harder to control consequences than the EU, that chose controlled approach. It costs more at the time of pandemic, but prevents chaos. We've got you and especially the US to see what chaos can do to a society. 

This truly is a trial for the EU. Much more significant than your Brexit, which, by the way, happened in the propaganda sense, but everything stays the same and you act like you believe no one will notice. We noticed. Either go away already, either stop behaving like you're so simple you believe everyone else is so simple you can manipulate them as you please. 

Brexiting or not, only a complete idiot would hope for instability in the neighbourhood. It's in your interest that your country - in no way self-sufficient - has good relations with preferably smoothly functioning EU. The alternative, the EU in disarray, is economic death for you as much as it would be for Europe. You can't live on blasted fish without chips, you know. 

And take the COVID as very telling example: at first, your leading Brexiters decided you don't need old or weaker people anyway and chose chaotic approach. Then the first hundreds of the infected started dropping dead so suddenly you will apply similar anti-epidemic measures that Europe does. 

Can you notice that there's the limit to childish malice?

It will be the same with real Brexit. Once you start seeing it's you who suffers too, and more than this EU you fear so pathologically, maybe you'll decide to grow up. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

woe to those who depend on Russians for food and on English for defence.) 

We don't have sayings like this, because we don't expect others to feed or defend us, it kind of sums up you and your country.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

EU meltdown: Italy slams Merkel for lack of unity – Macron says coronavirus could end bloc.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1261075/EU-coronavirus-summit-Italy-economy-Angela-Merkel-Emmanuel-Macron-collapse

How appropriate! Another wet dream for the Cern Abbas giant! 

2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

No. You are the one who constantly keeps on pushing fashist propaganda towards EU and Europe as a whole, as well as bringing up Germany's past whenever you cannot make a factual point. You got Brexit, you are out and stay out. 

Btw, I wish Boris Kamal Johnson a quick and safe recovery.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

We don't have sayings like this, because we don't expect others to feed or defend us, it kind of sums up you and your country.

Ah, but you misunderstood. That saying means that those who were naive enough to trust you are a bad example that must not be followed.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hetrodoxly said:

Yes, but then again her or my country never interfered and caused sh**t in you country.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, odas said:

Yes, but then again her or my country never interfered and caused sh**t in you country.

It's their history they're so proud of. 

And that's the exact reason why they're hysterically afraid of the EU - they simply don't comprehend the concept of cooperation. All they know is that someone must be leeching and/or conquering someone else. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

How appropriate! Another wet dream for the Cern Abbas giant! 

Shooting the messenger.

" Round the decay of that colossal wreck"

55 minutes ago, odas said:

BS from odious again.

Your people had nothing to do with it, you were not already killing each other?

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Ah, but you misunderstood. That saying means that those who were naive enough to trust you are a bad example that must not be followed.  

You're saying we shouldn't trust you?

36 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Cuckoo, cuckoo.

Well, that might be acceptable argument among Brexiters, but everyone else will think you can't defend your position so you're derailing your own thread in attempt to escape the consequences of your own doing. 

So let's repeat that, what you attempted to bury under childish insults and smileys. 

You, Brexiters, were attempting to gloat over some imaginary 'EU meltdown' which in reality consists of an Italian populist having a meltdown over the fact that the EU will use relief funds purposely and not hand him over a river of money that could help him buy his lost popularity back.  

You would love to see realistic remarks (that this crisis could indeed end the EU - as it can end the UK for that matter) as death sentence for the EU, while they are said openly, with intention to warn about such dangers, not invite everyone to surrender to them. 

When explained such obvious facts you respond with claims that those who can in fact articulate their opinion based on these obvious facts are insane, while you, who insist on your mythical supremacy, seeing only enemies all around you, should be the sane ones. Well, that doesn't work like that among mentally healthy population. 

But this thread is not a problem, of course. The problem is that you can't understand that the same detachment from the reality that you display in this thread is what made you fall for the Brexit prank. 

In short, you're screwed, you know it and you're extremely incompetent at hiding it. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

BS from odious again.

Your people had nothing to do with it, you were not already killing each other?

Yup. But we put it beside at this moment to help each other out, as normal people would do. Man what am I doing???? Now I have to explain you what "normal" means.

Gruss und kuss, dein odious.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, odas said:

Yup. But we put it beside at this moment to help each other out,

So why did you bring the past up?

• The topic was locked