Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EU meltdown.

hetrodoxly

22 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I have yet to figure out why you are so obsessed about Britain being independent and afraid that it might rise again??? Please enlighten us.

If you think its a mistake then its our mistake to make. We know better than to listen to doomsayers. 

Please note that by twisting my words into their opposite you're not preventing anyone from reading my posts, making sure that you twisted my words into their exact opposite, which will make anyone sane conclude that either you've got severe cognitive issues, either you think everyone else has them. 

You quoted me saying that your gloating over EU meltdown that is happening in your minds is tasteless and shows despair. 

How's that suggesting any obsession with Britain? 

Maybe my obsession with logic and at least basic decency, but you're in no danger of being the focus of my obsession, I can guarantee you that :lol:   

I will repeat my stance on Brexit or any other exit from the EU, just for you: anyone can exit the EU, I respect that. All the best, end of story. 

But you don't want to just exit the EU, you want to destroy it.      edit: it would be more precise to say 'you want to see it destroyed' since you don't seem to have an idea how is anything done by yourself. 

Why? 

Low self-esteem, anachronistic political life or both? 

Edited by Helen of Annoy

German finance minister does himself in, over economic crisis - Covid 19.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Please note that by twisting my words into their opposite you're not preventing anyone from reading my posts, making sure that you twisted my words into their exact opposite, which will make anyone sane conclude that either you've got severe cognitive issues, either you think everyone else has them. 

You quoted me saying that your gloating over EU meltdown that is happening in your minds is tasteless and shows despair. 

How's that suggesting any obsession with Britain? 

Maybe my obsession with logic and at least basic decency, but you're in no danger of being the focus of my obsession, I can guarantee you that :lol:   

I will repeat my stance on Brexit or any other exit from the EU, just for you: anyone can exit the EU, I respect that. All the best, end of story. 

But you don't want to just exit the EU, you want to destroy it.      edit: it would be more precise to say 'you want to see it destroyed' since you don't seem to have an idea how is anything done by yourself. 

Why? 

Low self-esteem, anachronistic political life or both? 

Why dont want to destroy you, we want to save you.

From the evil clutches of Germany lol.

36 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Why dont want to destroy you, we want to save you.

From the evil clutches of Germany lol.

:lol: Oh, oh, yes, Frankengermany :lol: 

I'm fine, thanks, go save the queen or something.  

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

German finance minister does himself in, over economic crisis - Covid 19.

Germany's Hesse state finance minister. Not the federal one. Just to prevent you from climaxing too soon. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, toast said:

If I understand you correctly you are of the opinion that the UK had to ask the EU for an allowance to import food stuff from the open market? What did you had for lunch today, chlorine chicken?

Ummm.. yes ? The UK couldn't import anything from non-EU sources without first paying the standard EU import duty ? 

by the way, 

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/mar/28/fruit-and-veg-will-run-out-unless-britain-charters-planes-to-fly-in-farm-workers-from-eastern-europe

Charter flights to bring in agricultural workers from eastern Europe are needed as a matter of urgency, otherwise fruit and vegetables will be left unpicked in Britain’s fields, the government is being warned.

Some large farms have already been chartering planes to bring in labour from eastern Europe. But farming organisations and recruitment agencies say that, in the face of massive disruption to the agricultural sector caused by the spread of the coronavirus, the government needs to step in and help organise more flights.

Superior British masterminds, so self-sufficient and so tired of foreigners, it seems that your plan has a tiny fault. Or several. Or more. :lol:  

The worst part is that you're about to spread the infection with your chaotic behaviour. 

And what was I telling you for the 3 pages or so? That COVID is making you, in your self-inflicted solitary position, extra vulnerable. 

But noooo, you don't want to hear about the reality, you'll blather your chauvinist mantras while begging Eastern Europeans to come to work for you and then they can drop dead from COVID, presumably.   

It's called cognitive dissonance, snap out of it, start acting like adults and stop getting on my nerves. 

More closely on topic, the EU is still alive, it has anti-epidemic measures in place, so I don't see how you'll return home all the EU Eastern Europeans you lure in to pick your damn fruit. They'll be stuck with you. Those outside EU will bring the disease from your source back to their homes.  

5 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Ummm.. yes ? The UK couldn't import anything from non-EU sources without first paying the standard EU import duty ? 

So the UK was free to import anything it wanted, no permission needed by the EU.

What exactly do you mean by "standard EU import duty"? VAT or customs duty or excise duty?

9 minutes ago, toast said:

So the UK was free to import anything it wanted, no permission needed by the EU.

What exactly do you mean by "standard EU import duty"? VAT or customs duty or excise duty?

Both. No EU member state is allowed to import anything from a country with an existing trade deal with the EU, or who is in the process of negotiating, without paying standard customs, excise, and VAT as determined by the EU. 

I'm not so sure about countries with no EU trade deal ? But there aren't that many of those ? 

Edited by RoofGardener

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Germany's Hesse state finance minister. Not the federal one. Just to prevent you from climaxing too soon. 

what a god awful thing to say. disgusting. horrible, just horrible.

44 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

by the way, 

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/mar/28/fruit-and-veg-will-run-out-unless-britain-charters-planes-to-fly-in-farm-workers-from-eastern-europe

Superior British masterminds, so self-sufficient and so tired of foreigners, it seems that your plan has a tiny fault. Or several. Or more. :lol:  

The worst part is that you're about to spread the infection with your chaotic behaviour. 

And what was I telling you for the 3 pages or so? That COVID is making you, in your self-inflicted solitary position, extra vulnerable. 

But noooo, you don't want to hear about the reality, you'll blather your chauvinist mantras while begging Eastern Europeans to come to work for you and then they can drop dead from COVID, presumably.   

It's called cognitive dissonance, snap out of it, start acting like adults and stop getting on my nerves. 

More closely on topic, the EU is still alive, it has anti-epidemic measures in place, so I don't see how you'll return home all the EU Eastern Europeans you lure in to pick your damn fruit. They'll be stuck with you. Those outside EU will bring the disease from your source back to their homes.  

Of course the Remainers politicise a Covid-19 situation. 

The UK has 8.4 million economically inactive people, one million of them able bodied. They should be conscripted into the land army. we cannot risk having seasonal workers coming from the highly infected European continent.

In fact Children are less likely to contract the virus get them out there in the fields. after all this is what the 6 week school summer holidays where for, in the Victorian era to supply extra labour for the harvest. revisionist have tried to dispel this as a myth in case someone asks the question why do we import migrants. answer cheap cheap labour.

I wonder will the Spanish be allowing seasonal workers in from Romania or Morocco, likewise Italy but with their many Chinese workers. 

The Chinese have a massive presence in Northern Italy. and the Chinese officials are saying that this coronavirus started in Italy. and it was the Chinese workers returning to china which imported it into China. hence why Italy has such high deaths. far greater than China. trouble was Italy was treating it as normal Flu. and when you look back in January Italy had 3million cases of Flu. Chinese whispers or something in it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

what a god awful thing to say. disgusting. horrible, just horrible.

Hypocrite.

You had no respect for the departed, you just had to post about his death in a thread where Brexiters are announcing the meltdown of the EU, so you clearly wanted to imply his death is another sign of horrible state of European affairs or something.

Faking shock only completes the picture of your immorality.  

Of course the Remainers politicise a Covid-19 situation. 

The UK has 8.4 million economically inactive people, one million of them able bodied. They should be conscripted into the land army. we cannot risk having seasonal workers coming from the highly infected European continent.

In fact Children are less likely to contract the virus get them out there in the fields. after all this is what the 6 week school summer holidays where for, in the Victorian era to supply extra labour for the harvest. revisionist have tried to dispel this as a myth in case someone asks the question why do we import migrants. answer cheap cheap labour.

I wonder will the Spanish be allowing seasonal workers in from Romania or Morocco, likewise Italy but with their many Chinese workers. 

The Chinese have a massive presence in Northern Italy. and the Chinese officials are saying that this coronavirus started in Italy. and it was the Chinese workers returning to china which imported it into China. hence why Italy has such high deaths. far greater than China. trouble was Italy was treating it as normal Flu. and when you look back in January Italy had 3million cases of Flu. Chinese whispers or something in it.

Children are not less likely to contract the virus, or safe from possible complications.

You've been spreading anti-vaxxer propaganda before, now you're spreading dangerous misconceptions that directly endanger lives of others - children, no less. 

The origin of COVID-19 is dubious, but you're not helping with conspiracy theories. 

Europe is highly infected indeed, but that includes you -

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/geographical-distribution-2019-ncov-cases

Europe: Italy (92 472), Spain (72 248), Germany (52 547), France (37 575), United Kingdom (17 089), Switzerland (13 152), Netherlands (9 762), Belgium (9 134), Austria (8 291), Portugal (5 170), Norway (3 845), Sweden (3 447), Czech Republic (2 663), Ireland (2 415), Denmark (2 201), Luxembourg (1 831), Poland (1 638), Romania (1 452), Russia (1 264), Finland (1 218), Greece (1 061), Iceland (963), Slovenia (691), Serbia (659), Croatia (657), Estonia (640), Armenia (424), Hungary (408), Lithuania (394), Bulgaria (331), Ukraine (311), Andorra (308), Latvia (305), Slovakia (295), Bosnia and Herzegovina (257), North Macedonia (241), Moldova (231), San Marino (224), Albania (197), Azerbaijan (182), Cyprus (179), Faroe Islands (155), Malta (139), Belarus (94), Kosovo** (86), Georgia (85), Montenegro (84), Jersey (61), Liechtenstein (61), Gibraltar (56), Monaco (43), Guernsey (39), Isle of Man (32) and Holy See (6).

and since your authorities share your denial and irresponsible attitude, your official numbers are probably few times higher. 

Back on topic,

Why is it so important for you Brexiters that the EU fails? 

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Hypocrite.

You had no respect for the departed, you just had to post about his death in a thread where Brexiters are announcing the meltdown of the EU, so you clearly wanted to imply his death is another sign of horrible state of European affairs or something.

Faking shock only completes the picture of your immorality.  

Children are not less likely to contract the virus, or safe from possible complications.

You've been spreading anti-vaxxer propaganda before, now you're spreading dangerous misconceptions that directly endanger lives of others - children, no less. 

The origin of COVID-19 is dubious, but you're not helping with conspiracy theories. 

and since your authorities share your denial and irresponsible attitude, your official numbers are probably few times higher. 

Back on topic,

Only in your sick mind. - your like a little package of gun powder and battery acid all in one aren't you. horrible individual with a sick mind to go with it.

• Thanks 1

Only in your sick mind. - your like a little package of gun powder and battery acid all in one aren't you. horrible individual with a sick mind to go with it.

Now, now, don't squirm, I don't care for your pearl clutching, snowflake, you've got this to address, re-posted for your pleasure:

Europe: Italy (92 472), Spain (72 248), Germany (52 547), France (37 575), United Kingdom (17 089), Switzerland (13 152), Netherlands (9 762), Belgium (9 134), Austria (8 291), Portugal (5 170), Norway (3 845), Sweden (3 447), Czech Republic (2 663), Ireland (2 415), Denmark (2 201), Luxembourg (1 831), Poland (1 638), Romania (1 452), Russia (1 264), Finland (1 218), Greece (1 061), Iceland (963), Slovenia (691), Serbia (659), Croatia (657), Estonia (640), Armenia (424), Hungary (408), Lithuania (394), Bulgaria (331), Ukraine (311), Andorra (308), Latvia (305), Slovakia (295), Bosnia and Herzegovina (257), North Macedonia (241), Moldova (231), San Marino (224), Albania (197), Azerbaijan (182), Cyprus (179), Faroe Islands (155), Malta (139), Belarus (94), Kosovo** (86), Georgia (85), Montenegro (84), Jersey (61), Liechtenstein (61), Gibraltar (56), Monaco (43), Guernsey (39), Isle of Man (32) and Holy See (6).

Back on topic,

7 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

No child under the age of nine has died from the disease. ONE child has died between the ages of 9 and 19. 

Children may have an equal probability of being infected, but the disease is FAR milder in them. 

Your sentence about ".. or safe from possible complications" is highly misleading. 

24 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

further to my own post.

If one looks at the top destinations or the busiest routes for air travel from Italy. you will find Italy to Spain is their busiest route in Europe. and outside Europe Italy to the USA (New York)

If we look at European countries and destinations we'll find the higher COVID cases numbers mirror the destinations favoured by the Italians.

Spain second behind Italy in COVID cases. Followed by Germany and France which also follow on the list in that order of Covid cases,

We look outside Europe and the USA is now having cases. the Top destination for Italians is the US (New York) where are the highest cases in America New York..

are the Chinese right?  are we calling it the Chinese Virus when in fact its the Italian Virus.

conspiracy or what.......................

image.thumb.png.1fa242c750501bb4c6ced2e2d6bc452f.png

On 3/28/2020 at 12:00 PM, toast said:

Dont bet for it.

They've been saying that about him since 2015.  I guess we'll see.

5 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Now, now, don't squirm, I don't care for your pearl clutching, snowflake, you've got this to address, re-posted for your pleasure:

Back on topic,

Putrid individual. go away with your sick mind. be gone.

6 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

No child under the age of nine has died from the disease. ONE child has died between the ages of 9 and 19. 

Children may have an equal probability of being infected, but the disease is FAR milder in them. 

Your sentence about ".. or safe from possible complications" is highly misleading. 

The disease can be asymptomatic for many adults too, on the other hand, it can kill healthy teenagers, as seen recently.

It's inhumanely irresponsible to blather about children in the fields, since they are less likely to get infected. (I know you didn't say that, but it seems you're defending the one who did.)

And don't play lawyer again, it irritates me. 

7 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Back on topic,

It isn't. We're just celebrating the fact that we're out of it, and reminding Remainders of what exactly it WAS that they where trying to tie us to. 

2 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Putrid individual. go away with your sick mind. be gone.

Don't just surrender like that. 

Tell me, why is it so important for you that the EU fails? 

• Like 1

Just now, Helen of Annoy said:

The disease can be asymptomatic for many adults too, on the other hand, it can kill healthy teenagers, as seen recently.

It's inhumanely irresponsible to blather about children in the fields, since they are less likely to get infected. (I know you didn't say that, but it seems you're defending the one who did.)

And don't play lawyer again, it irritates me. 

Lawyer ? I'm REALLY sorry @Helen of Annoy, but if you say something that seems incorrect, and used to reinforce a debating point, then I'm going to challenge  you on it. 

If asking for accuracy is being a "Lawyer", then you can call me Perry Mason ! :P 

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

It isn't. We're just celebrating the fact that we're out of it, and reminding Remainders of what exactly it WAS that they where trying to tie us to. 

Yup, trying to tie you to neighbouring countries so we can work on our common good, the monsters. 

Nah, I don't buy it. 

You are clearly aware your bluff was a mistake of the century, so you're trying to make your followers believe they didn't lose much. 

Childish strategy, won't really work. 

3 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Truly ? HEALTHY teenagers ? I think not ? 

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Lawyer ? I'm REALLY sorry @Helen of Annoy, but if you say something that seems incorrect, and used to reinforce a debating point, then I'm going to challenge  you on it. 

If asking for accuracy is being a "Lawyer", then you can call me Perry Mason ! :P 

I'd call you something else, but it's so easy to hurt your feelings so I won't :D 

Just now, Helen of Annoy said:

Yup, trying to tie you to neighbouring countries so we can work on our common good, the monsters. 

Ask the old Soviet Union, or Venezuelans, about striving for "the common good". 

• The topic was locked