Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Clear skies

SHaYap

FB_IMG_1589619802972.jpg

Who is the dude with the big nose, top left?

• Like 3

FB_IMG_1590898249873.jpg

The happy jumping dog. :tu:

• Like 4

We have some lovely skies this morning. The first photo is from the balcony on the other side of my apartment. I'll try and get a night view from it at some point showing more of the city and the CN Tower (which was coloured a pretty mauve the other night).

u5ekbQK.jpg?2

jucugbE.jpg?2

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

She's letting me know she's fine and closer than I think ; )

In no way has this been modified, it was taken in my back yard on June 22, 2020.

Resized_20200622_204834_compress45.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 2:09 AM, Desertrat56 said:

I am just curious, since all of your photos have clouds, do you never have a cloudless day?  To me clear skies is no clouds.

(but then, I live in the desert)

I'm right on the equator so a totally cloudless sky is rare, and not a sign of good things, a drought. 

I guess "clear" skies to me means a less polluted view of the sky in the context of the thread. 

Since the lifting of the lock down, the sky is muggy, and the blue sky looks sadly not as piercing clear. 

Well over a month now and I have yet to see a day as clear as it was during the global lock down. 

~

• Thanks 2

I took this one at daybreak yesterday, the picture does not do justice to the depth of colours and hues I saw.

DSC00065e.jpg

• Like 3

Couldn't resist adding this one taken same morning........damn those cables lol!

DSC00070e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, third_eye said:

I'm right on the equator so a totally cloudless sky is rare, and not a sign of good things, a drought. 

I guess "clear" skies to me means a less polluted view of the sky in the context of the thread. 

Since the lifting of the lock down, the sky is muggy, and the blue sky looks sadly not as piercing clear. 

Well over a month now and I have yet to see a day as clear as it was during the global lock down. 

~

I lived in Virginia for a year and a half and never saw a blue sky, the pollution and humidity kept everything in the sky grey and it would rain for days, which got old after a while.  Growing up in the desert a rainy day was a blessing but we never had a whole day of rain, maybe a whole day or two of total clouds, grey, white and deep blue, but when it rained it lasted a short time.  Still does, though the average humidity now is 16 % instead of 9%.  If the humidity goes over 50% it is raining.

The photos you are sharing are beautiful.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Thanks for sharing.

Most welcome, I felt I should document the rare occasion when the planet was clean from heavy pollution for the first time in many many decades. 

In Malaysia the joke is we have four different seasons, hot, hotter, wet and wetter... 

:lol:

~

Edited by third_eye
Auto nonsense
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Most welcome, I felt I should document the rare occasion when the planet was clean from heavy pollution for the first time in many many decades. 

In Malaysia the joke is we have four different seasons, hot, hotter, wet and wetter... 

:lol:

~

When I lived in Texas, people said we have 2 season, summer and not summer.  :lol:  And that was very accurate.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...