Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are you o.k?

Kismit

19 minutes ago, lightly said:

Holy Cow Desert !!  Middle of N.M.  to Delaware  In 3 days !?!?   That's a LOT of driving ! ..(glad your back home) :tu:

We are good.  I worry about my wife working in Busy tourist shop all summer !   But she has a BIG shield at the counter and she try's to distance herself from them and  'reminds' them to keep the Mask ON !     We're excited ! , getting the van tuned up and looked over for the winter migration to the Desert !     :).     

I tried to make it under 650 miles a day, and that worked.  Spent the night at Tulsa KOA & Indianapolis KOA.  The 9.5 hour days of driving turned in to almost 12 because of construction on I-70.

What desert do you winter in?

• Like 3

Anything?

Interesting...

Well I feel like I have been going through a whole lot lately, and I don't see it getting better soon, but I know it will one day.

Edited by Chronus
I didn't see this was a Covid thread, so I am sorry for posting non-Covid stuff,
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I tried to make it under 650 miles a day, and that worked.  Spent the night at Tulsa KOA & Indianapolis KOA.  The 9.5 hour days of driving turned in to almost 12 because of construction on I-70.

What desert do you winter in?

Ohboy....road obstruc. . construction!  You have my sympathies.    We camp mostly in Anza Borrego desert ..(about 700 sq. mi.)  ..about 100 miles from coast....just east of the coast ranges.   ...but we also sometimes camp on B.L.M. Lands anywhere from up by Palm Springs ,down to Mexico ....and as far east as the Colorado River.    We take our bikes ,my guitar, and this I-pad :P...solar radio...solar charged lights...battery/12v DVD player.    We have everything we need !  Just add water jugs.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lightly said:

Ohboy....road obstruc. . construction!  You have my sympathies.    We camp mostly in Anza Borrego desert ..(about 700 sq. mi.)  ..about 100 miles from coast....just east of the coast ranges.   ...but we also sometimes camp on B.L.M. Lands anywhere from up by Palm Springs ,down to Mexico ....and as far east as the Colorado River.    We take our bikes ,my guitar, and this I-pad :P...solar radio...solar charged lights...battery/12v DVD player.    We have everything we need !  Just add water jugs.

The weather is cooling off and fire smoke clouds are clearing away, the right time to go hiking in the desert not far from where I live. Anza Borrego Desert state park, similar to but not exactly like the Joshua Tree National Park (formerly Monument) or the Mojave National Park (formerly preserve). The Anza valley is an UFO hotspot and there was an episode about the town Anza on Sightings in the 1990s, many UFOs seem to originate from Cahuilla Mountain and local residents theorized there is an alien base hidden inside the mountain.  

• Like 2

Hi, thanks for the report.   Yup, we have been to Joshua Tree.  It's a little higher altitude and therefore usually cooler/chillier.

• Like 1

A bit of concern that we may start seeing clients face to face starting October 1st, we have a waiver until the end of this month.   Before Covid, clients would be sick and bring in their kids sick to hack and cough on us and our offices so I do not see that changing.

• Sad 3

Hope your all ok.

I had a call from work 11th September, to go back into work (after being off work for 6 and a half months) Good news all going well until Wednesday 23rd September, im back on furlong again! I would not be safe to say my job is secure but given what i have been told 'Dont worry'

The UK Government has put up another pay system. Just when i started to get back into the routine again. Dangerous times again.

Stay safe all.

(Edit) Thanks for the good reading on many posts. The ups and downs closed topics etc.

Edited by I like cats
To say thanks
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Almost every grocery store in my chain and also in my area has at least one positive case of COVID, but by luck, I wasn't in contact with that person and I don't need to know who that person is, just to know if I need to get tested or place myself in quarantine by the order of the county Health Dept. who keeps track of the pandemic where I work. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I'm really sorry to hear that, DR.

Make sure you now remember and celebrate all that was good about his life.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

My dad died Thursday.  No one had visited him in the nursing home since February.  This facility has been in lock down the whole time, which I am glad, because that means there is very little chance anyone in that facility could get the virus.  My daughter was allowed to sit with him the last hour.  They  made her dress like she was doing surgery. 

Condolences Dessertrat,  I am glad he was not alone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

My dad died Thursday.  No one had visited him in the nursing home since February.  This facility has been in lock down the whole time, which I am glad, because that means there is very little chance anyone in that facility could get the virus.  My daughter was allowed to sit with him the last hour.  They  made her dress like she was doing surgery. 

My thoughts are with you and your family. I am sorry for your loss.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2020 at 9:08 AM, Desertrat56 said:

Hi Desertrat

Sorry to hear about your dad my condolences.

jmccr8

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, sorry to hear the news @Desertrat56 ,my condolences i know how it feels.

@Waspie_Dwarf I hope your ok. Very, very sad on the passing of Nyana.

Miss your Astro posts.

As for me, im back in work, be it 5 hours Monday to Friday but thats better than nothing.

Strange times we live in, 12 months ago it was tick tock - ususal routiene.

Stay safe. Wishing you well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2020 at 4:08 PM, Desertrat56 said:

My condolences to you and your family. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2020 at 9:02 PM, I like cats said:

@Waspie_Dwarf I hope your ok. Very, very sad on the passing of Nyana.

Miss your Astro posts.

Thank you. I've been a bit unwell (not Covid related, I've already been there and done that).

I'm on the road to recovery and I should be back posting regularly again really soon. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2020 at 11:08 AM, Desertrat56 said:

I am so very sorry.   I just now looked at the thread and read what happened.   My thoughts are with you and your family.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2020 at 11:08 AM, Desertrat56 said:

I just saw this Desertrat. My condolences to you and your family. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 11:08 AM, Desertrat56 said:

Sorry to hear your loss:( my mom`s ninety eight years old in a nursing home and we could only see her through a window. I `m worried my mom would die alone :( 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Scary times we're in....but Praise The Lord, Me and Mine are all doing OK. Our offices were shut down at the end of September, until the 25th of October, when everything will be re-evaluated. Thankfully, I'm still receiving a pay check and when I do have to "put in time" with work, either at home or at the office, we get hazard pay. If I don't have to go anywhere, I'm just being reclusive and hardly step foot outside my house. Thank God for internet shopping, I've been getting the majority of what I need delivered to my home.

Hope y'all are staying safe! :)

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2020 at 5:08 PM, Desertrat56 said:

Terrible, terrible....

And then the thing with your daughter, jesus.

I read your post just now, and a bit late.

Sorry.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Terrible, terrible....

And then the thing with your daughter, jesus.

I read your post just now, and a bit late.

Sorry.

Thank you.  It was as much for her protection as the people in the nursing home that she wore the surgical garb, mast et al.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My condolences, DR.

• Like 1

How is everyone doing now, after the election and Thanks Giving in the U.S. and in the rest of the world the first week of December?  I hope it is not too hot for those down under or too cold for those in the north.

Our state is still in bad shape covid wise but everything seems to have calmed down with the numbers are going back down since the middle of November when they hit an all time high.  

• Like 1