Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Kismit

Are you o.k?

281 posts in this topic

Desertrat56
19 minutes ago, lightly said:

Holy Cow Desert !!  Middle of N.M.  to Delaware  In 3 days !?!?   That's a LOT of driving ! ..(glad your back home) :tu:

We are good.  I worry about my wife working in Busy tourist shop all summer !   But she has a BIG shield at the counter and she try's to distance herself from them and  'reminds' them to keep the Mask ON !     We're excited ! , getting the van tuned up and looked over for the winter migration to the Desert !     :).     

I tried to make it under 650 miles a day, and that worked.  Spent the night at Tulsa KOA & Indianapolis KOA.  The 9.5 hour days of driving turned in to almost 12 because of construction on I-70.

What desert do you winter in?

• Like 2

Chronus

Anything?

Interesting...

Well I feel like I have been going through a whole lot lately, and I don't see it getting better soon, but I know it will one day.

Edited by Chronus
I didn't see this was a Covid thread, so I am sorry for posting non-Covid stuff,
  • Like 1

lightly
5 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I tried to make it under 650 miles a day, and that worked.  Spent the night at Tulsa KOA & Indianapolis KOA.  The 9.5 hour days of driving turned in to almost 12 because of construction on I-70.

What desert do you winter in?

Ohboy....road obstruc. . construction!  You have my sympathies.    We camp mostly in Anza Borrego desert ..(about 700 sq. mi.)  ..about 100 miles from coast....just east of the coast ranges.   ...but we also sometimes camp on B.L.M. Lands anywhere from up by Palm Springs ,down to Mexico ....and as far east as the Colorado River.    We take our bikes ,my guitar, and this I-pad :P...solar radio...solar charged lights...battery/12v DVD player.    We have everything we need !  Just add water jugs.

• Like 2

Solipsi Rai
4 hours ago, lightly said:

Ohboy....road obstruc. . construction!  You have my sympathies.    We camp mostly in Anza Borrego desert ..(about 700 sq. mi.)  ..about 100 miles from coast....just east of the coast ranges.   ...but we also sometimes camp on B.L.M. Lands anywhere from up by Palm Springs ,down to Mexico ....and as far east as the Colorado River.    We take our bikes ,my guitar, and this I-pad :P...solar radio...solar charged lights...battery/12v DVD player.    We have everything we need !  Just add water jugs.

The weather is cooling off and fire smoke clouds are clearing away, the right time to go hiking in the desert not far from where I live. Anza Borrego Desert state park, similar to but not exactly like the Joshua Tree National Park (formerly Monument) or the Mojave National Park (formerly preserve). The Anza valley is an UFO hotspot and there was an episode about the town Anza on Sightings in the 1990s, many UFOs seem to originate from Cahuilla Mountain and local residents theorized there is an alien base hidden inside the mountain.  

• Like 2

lightly

Hi, thanks for the report.   Yup, we have been to Joshua Tree.  It's a little higher altitude and therefore usually cooler/chillier.

• Like 1

tcgram

A bit of concern that we may start seeing clients face to face starting October 1st, we have a waiver until the end of this month.   Before Covid, clients would be sick and bring in their kids sick to hack and cough on us and our offices so I do not see that changing.