Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Nnicolette

Remote viewing

53 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Nnicolette
Posted (edited)

I just wanted to check and see how many of you do/do not believe in remote viewing, and why? Who has experience with it? Please share your input!

Also if so, have you ever tried to access restricted areas such as the pentagon, the white house, the vatican, the moon or mars and what happened?

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2

A fresh thread :D.

I have never tried it. The only supernaturally thing I have tried is astral projection, with limited results. 

I don't really believe it because I have never seen someone do it successfully. There have been some UM threads before of people trying.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nnicolette
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

A fresh thread :D.

I have never tried it. The only supernaturally thing I have tried is astral projection, with limited results. 

I don't really believe it because I have never seen someone do it successfully. There have been some UM threads before of people trying.

I believe i have astral projected by accident once, can you do so willingly? I didn't stop to realize they are two different things but now i see the difference.

Also, would you believe it has been done successfully if you were aware that the CIA believes that? And that they even released instructions 20 years ago for tuning this ability? 

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saru

I don't know if remote viewing is possible, however the US military certainly took it seriously at one point:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Project

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nnicolette
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Saru said:

I don't know if remote viewing is possible, however the US military certainly took it seriously at one point:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Project

That is interesting. According to the wiki they were not successful, but according to the later CIA release, they were. 

"The conferees agree to provide $2,000,000 for the STARGATE program as proposed by the Senate. The conferees support the continuation of DIA's specialized HUMINT initiative encompassed in the STARGATE program and, following lasts year's practice, are including R&D funding so that the program may pursue a long term research and operations plan without constant review and adjustment."  

Do you think this excerpt from the cia reading room signifies that the Senate also saw this as a successful and worthwhile investment?

Edited by Nnicolette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

I just wanted to check and see how many of you do/do not believe in remote viewing, and why? Who has experience with it? Please share your input!

Also if so, have you ever tried to access restricted areas such as the pentagon, the white house, the vatican, the moon or mars and what happened?

I have had experience with it because of the U.S. Army, and it was because I was identified as someone who was practicing astral travel.  Since they came at me sideways I refused to participate.  If they had actually said "we have this program..." but instead they told me I was to be the Colonel's driver and I felt some other purpose behind it.  It freaked me out and so I said "No, I am a tactical circuit controller, not a driver."  Everything in that unit was off, weird or just plain stupid, but it was all because the unit was a sham unit to hide the remote viewing project they had in Europe. 

Years later I read about remote viewing and found I could tell who knew what they were talking about and who was creating disinformation.  I met the person I was supposed to replace in the unit about 15 years after and I am glad I refused.  I also met another person who was involved at the time I was in Germany about the same time.  They both walked up to me and told me stuff the first time we ever met.  They knew who I was.  Anyway I have not done much astral travel, which is essentially what it is with some scientific guidelines to insure accuracy and verifiable results.  If you are intersted in it just ignore any information you get from anyone who has written a book about the U.S.Army remote viewers.  It is all disinformation, but Russel Targ and Joseph McMoneagle are good resources.  I think Courtney Brown is questionable and Ed Dames is a liar.  David Moorehouse is probably the only military person I would trust.  You can tell who is telling the truth by how much they have lost to tell it.  Lt. Col John Alexander is crazy as far as I can tell, I thought so when I encountered him in the army, and he is a trickster that likes attention but gives very little real information.

Once someone mentioned that there was an alien base on Mars.  I did check that out and I found it very interesting, but I have a good imagination and have no way to verify what I saw.  There was a well lit dome that seemed very old, but I dared not go too close because there were sentries.  I don't trust it if I can't verify it.  That was the whole reason I started astral traveling as a kid, because I knew I was going somewhere but I didn't know if I was imagining it or not.  I enlisted my cousin who lived 200 miles away to verify by giving her a date and time, then "going" to her house to see what was going on then writing a letter telling her what I saw. 

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nnicolette
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I have had experience with it because of the U.S. Army, and it was because I was identified as someone who was practicing astral travel.  Since they came at me sideways I refused to participate.  If they had actually said "we have this program..." but instead they told me I was to be the Colonel's driver and I felt some other purpose behind it.  It freaked me out and so I said "No, I am a tactical circuit controller, not a driver."  Everything in that unit was off, weird or just plain stupid, but it was all because the unit was a sham unit to hide the remote viewing project they had in Europe. 

Years later I read about remote viewing and found I could tell who knew what they were talking about and who was creating disinformation.  I met the person I was supposed to replace in the unit about 15 years after and I am glad I refused.  I also met another person who was involved at the time I was in Germany about the same time.  They both walked up to me and told me stuff the first time we ever met.  They knew who I was.  Anyway I have not done much astral travel, which is essentially what it is with some scientific guidelines to insure accuracy and verifiable results.  If you are intersted in it just ignore any information you get from anyone who has written a book about the U.S.Army remote viewers.  It is all disinformation, but Russel Targ and Joseph McMoneagle are good resources.  I think Courtney Brown is questionable and Ed Dames is a liar.  David Moorehouse is probably the only military person I would trust.  You can tell who is telling the truth by how much they have lost to tell it.  Lt. Col John Alexander is crazy as far as I can tell, I thought so when I encountered him in the army, and he is a trickster that likes attention but gives very little real information.

Once someone mentioned that there was an alien base on Mars.  I did check that out and I found it very interesting, but I have a good imagination and have no way to verify what I saw.  There was a well lit dome that seemed very old, but I dared not go too close because there were sentries.  I don't trust it if I can't verify it.  That was the whole reason I started astral traveling as a kid, because I knew I was going somewhere but I didn't know if I was imagining it or not.  I enlisted my cousin who lived 200 miles away to verify by giving her a date and time, then "going" to her house to see what was going on then writing a letter telling her what I saw. 

thank you for sharing! Very interesting! How is it that you became aware that you were identified as such?

Edited by Nnicolette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
28 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

I just wanted to check and see how many of you do/do not believe in remote viewing, and why? Who has experience with it? Please share your input!

Also if so, have you ever tried to access restricted areas such as the pentagon, the white house, the vatican, the moon or mars and what happened?

I do believe in remote viewing. In addition to anecdotal claims, I believe there are controlled studies with gifted subjects showing fantastic odds against chance that something not explainable in our current scientific understanding is indeed occurring.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
29 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

thank you for sharing! Very interesting! How is it that you became aware that you were identified as such?

At first when I was still in the army I knew something was up because I was sometimes treated differently, like almost untouchable if I did something wrong.  I wasn't a trouble maker but was told twice before I was sent to Germany that if I had not been with the people I was with they all would have been in trouble (once because we went off base for lunch then had car trouble and did not get back in time) another time something similar with one other person.  I did not believe it but it stuck in  my mind. 

Then when I got to Germany and was told I was supposed to be the colonel's driver I felt like something was off.  Every time I ever encountered the colonel he would say the weirdest things then walk away laughing.  He seemed to be taunting me and I had no idea why. 

At one point 10 of us were sent to the E-5 board to be tested for promotion.  The 3 weeks before the board we were in the field and my platoon sergeant, who had often said women don't belong in the army and other things, mentioned off hand I was going to be going to the promotion board and gave me  a study guide, not telling me when the board was to meet.  The study guide consisted of 20 copied pages, page 1 & 19 copies of page 2.  (he was submarining me for sure).  I did not plan on re-inlisting so I didn't care. 

On the Monday after we came back from the field I showed up in my fatigues and the Captain freaked out, told his driver to take me home so I could change in to my dress uniform.  When I got back I was sent to a building where the 9 others were in a waiting room, quizzing each other and otherwise acting very nervous.  I was really bugged but decided to make the best of it.  When it was my turn I went in and answered most of the questions with "Sir, I don't remember."  I did answer the map coordinate questions.   All of the scoring was on a point system and every job required different points for promotion.  When the scores were finally listed I was the only one on the list who had enough points to get a promotion.

More things happened, but this is getting long.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
1 hour ago, Nnicolette said:

I just wanted to check and see how many of you do/do not believe in remote viewing, and why? Who has experience with it? Please share your input!

Also if so, have you ever tried to access restricted areas such as the pentagon, the white house, the vatican, the moon or mars and what happened?

I believe that I have done it, not on purpose.  This has happened a few times but not for years as I don't meditate too often anymore.

While meditating I had a clear visualization of a friend walking on my street, a minute later he came to my door.  I was not expecting him.  It always happened like that and with the same guy.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Assimilatedtohumanborg
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nnicolette said:

I just wanted to check and see how many of you do/do not believe in remote viewing, and why? Who has experience with it? Please share your input!

Also if so, have you ever tried to access restricted areas such as the pentagon, the white house, the Vatican, the moon or mars and what happened?

Hi there!

You know what? There´s an alternative Title about the title called Remote Viewing, which is Animal Communication! If You have a pet, then look for such attunement, or how you´d say that and at a Fee, you may learn how RVings done which is in Fact Animal Communication!!

There´s ... ok, an exercise in the German language of someone who offers AC which is in fact RV! Then as soon as you´ve learned how to connect with your animal, you may as well at own will connect with people and places and even their animals of owner´s which will tell you in their own word´s, what they´re seeing, spying on... ;-)

Edited by Assimilatedtohumanborg
forgot to klick on Notification of this post :-) Can´t still refind it hmm
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Assimilatedtohumanborg

OK, here´s another post so i may get a notification of answers about it.

And do look under AC in YouTube, you´ll be surprised whatone may do with it which is in fact RV which lot´s of people don´t know of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
30 minutes ago, Assimilatedtohumanborg said:

OK, here´s another post so i may get a notification of answers about it.

And do look under AC in YouTube, you´ll be surprised whatone may do with it which is in fact RV which lot´s of people don´t know of that.

Welcome to the forum.  :st

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

You said, " anyways I have not done much astral travel."

Am I correct in deducing that such wording means you have done SOME astral travel?

If so, care to share your experiences?  And maybe any evidence you gleaned during the AT that proved it was real and not imagined or dreamed? 

Thanks!

I forgot the word "lately".  I used to do it a lot when I was young but I don't anymore.

I used to go check on friends to see what they were doing and then ask them to verify what I saw.  I got that it was unnerving so I quit doing that.  My cousin and I were close so I could tell her what ever I was thinking even if it was weird. (she was used to being used as a guinea pig by both me and her brother for various things)  She was able to verify what was going on when I would "visit".  The evidence was that I could accurately describe who said what, who got home at what time, what room everyone was in, etc. 

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
3 hours ago, Assimilatedtohumanborg said:

Hi there!

You know what? There´s an alternative Title about the title called Remote Viewing, which is Animal Communication! If You have a pet, then look for such attunement, or how you´d say that and at a Fee, you may learn how RVings done which is in Fact Animal Communication!!

There´s ... ok, an exercise in the German language of someone who offers AC which is in fact RV! Then as soon as you´ve learned how to connect with your animal, you may as well at own will connect with people and places and even their animals of owner´s which will tell you in their own word´s, what they´re seeing, spying on... ;-)

Ah yes.  I had forgotten about that

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
20 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Russell Targ?

 Really? 

I tried to read his book on The Limitless Mind & Remote Viewing. Had to give it up after he continually forced his god down my throat, and saints, and talked about levitating gurus banging their heads on ceilings. LOL. His RV claims were all anecdotal too. Disappointing read.

http://skepdic.com/remotevw.html

I didn't read that book.  I would have a problem with him talking about god too.  I do not remember the name of the book I read by him.  I did see some of his interviews and he did not talk about any god, just about remote viewing and what he was involved in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
Posted (edited)

As an aside, proving RV would be quite easy.  You just need to ensure that the content of the communication is judged OBjectively, not SUBjectively as those like Targ, Puthoff, Rhine, Radin et al... have done to get their 'successes'.

BTW, Targ and Puthoff, rather hilariously, were scammed by Uri Geller...  :D

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
10 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

I believe i have astral projected by accident once, can you do so willingly? I didn't stop to realize they are two different things but now i see the difference.

Also, would you believe it has been done successfully if you were aware that the CIA believes that? And that they even released instructions 20 years ago for tuning this ability? 

They are suggestions toward a wild idea spurred on by the cold war. It does not say RV was ever successful and the Government wasted 20 million on those instructions to no avail.

The CIA does not state remote viewing is successful. It states and the results show the very opposite.

How on earth do you interpret that document as evidence that remote viewing is credible? The results of those tests were dismal.

As Chrlz already stated, it's not hard to test. In fact many posters here have claimed such abilities, but failed miserably with the most simple experiments, and even lower than statistics would allow for coincidence.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
drakonwick

The Wikipedia article, Stargate Project says a lot! But the main point being, is from the closure of the project in 1995 and what was said about the results.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Project#References
 

In 1995 the defense appropriations bill directed that the program be transferred from DIA to CIA oversight. The CIA commissioned a report by American Institutes for Research that found that remote viewing had not been proved to work by a psychic mechanism, and said it had not been used operationally.[4] The CIA subsequently cancelled and declassified the program.[13]

In 1995 the project was transferred to the CIA and a retrospective evaluation of the results was done. The appointed panel consisted primarily of Jessica Utts and Ray Hyman. Hyman had produced an unflattering report on Uri Geller and SRI for the government two decades earlier, but the psychologist David Marks found Utts' appointment to the review panel "puzzling" given that she had published papers with Edwin May, considering this joint research likely to make her "less than [im]partial".[1] A report by Utts claimed the results were evidence of psychic functioning; however, Hyman in his report argued Utts' conclusion that ESP had been proven to exist, especially precognition, was premature and the findings had not been independently replicated.[16] Hyman came to the conclusion:

Psychologists, such as myself, who study subjective validation find nothing striking or surprising in the reported matching of reports against targets in the Stargate data. The overwhelming amount of data generated by the viewers is vague, general, and way off target. The few apparent hits are just what we would expect if nothing other than reasonable guessing and subjective validation are operating.[17]

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
12 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Were you ever sent TDY to Ft. Meade for Stargate? Or The Farm at Langley? Menlo Park w/ Targ at Stanford?  (Ord was nearby and they did some Stargate stuff) My Dad was sent to those places a couple times each if memory serves.

No, the unit I was in was a strictly Army operation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nnicolette
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, psyche101 said:

They are suggestions toward a wild idea spurred on by the cold war. It does not say RV was ever successful and the Government wasted 20 million on those instructions to no avail.

The CIA does not state remote viewing is successful. It states and the results show the very opposite.

How on earth do you interpret that document as evidence that remote viewing is credible? The results of those tests were dismal.

As Chrlz already stated, it's not hard to test. In fact many posters here have claimed such abilities, but failed miserably with the most simple experiments, and even lower than statistics would allow for coincidence.

Well, according to that document it was successful. Obviously you didnt read it... Or look at the examples on it and how well the subjects did. There is no point in arguing if you came to a conclusion before ever taking a peek at the facts.

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

What a waste of time and purely imaginative guess work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nnicolette
22 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, the unit I was in was a strictly Army operation. 

Not to discount your intuition because i rely heavily on mine and bet you are probably right, but at the same time when I read your story i thought you are probably attractive, and that would explain peoples odd behaviors. I believe what you are saying, but i also feel like they may not have been completely aware of your abilities, they may have been staring at you and treating you special because you are a woman and they wanted your attention. Happens to me all the time lol.

With that being said I am very interested in your practices too. When i was younger i practiced sending dreams to friends. I wrote them on paper and did a wiccan spell. (Yes i was curious about wicca in junior high) the results were cut and dry, it %100 worked. The funny thing is i got lazy and sent 2 in the same vessel, and the next day my friend whom 1 was meant for described in complete detail both scenarios i wrote down. I never doubted the power of belief again. My x husband could communicate with me telepathically as well. It was super weird because i just get this random detailed out of place thought, and then he would proceed to say what i already heard, very often, and sometimes visa versa. I chalked that up to coincidence at first until i realized it included random obscure things that i never would have thought about on my own.

To be honest i completely relate with the training method i linked to because i already recognise that bit of intuition and information that pops up as such. Took me many times over the years ignoring it and wishing i hadnt to learn the power of intuition and how helpful it is to recognise that bit of blurry data when it appears. It is always the first thought, then the objective overlay comes second. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
23 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

I just wanted to check and see how many of you do/do not believe in remote viewing, and why? Who has experience with it? Please share your input!

Also if so, have you ever tried to access restricted areas such as the pentagon, the white house, the vatican, the moon or mars and what happened?

Temporal Sequencing Paradoxes

In popular culture humans are portrayed as only having five senses but science knows that we have between 14 and 20 depending on which ones you ask. Some examples of our other senses include how we can sense when we are dehydrated, when we go on a car journey we can sense the direction of acceleration, and of course women correlate their cycles based on the location of the moon. An article about our additional senses:

https://bigthink.com/philip-perry/think-you-have-only-5-senses-its-actually-a-lot-more-than-that

A lot of people without much psychology knowledge think that their experience of reality is both real and exists outside of themselves. Its like a sonar operator onboard a submarine thinking their display is actually reality when in fact its just a representation of what exists outside the sub. Humans are the same. Our senses feed electrical signals to our brains, a lot of different regions in the brain process that information, then it comes together and gets played out to our conscious minds as the experience of reality. What we experience as reality is our brains interpretation of what exists outside ourselves, and inside ourselves in terms of sensing when we are dehydrated.

That is a hugely challenging task for a brain to accomplish because there are timing errors between sensory information being received, processed by different areas of the brain, and then brought together into a coherent experience of reality. Those timing differences cause temporal sequencing paradoxes. In psychology a common experiment to show people the timing differences that occur in their own minds is to tell them to lets themselves be absorbed in their work. Then whenever they snap out of it look up at a clock on the wall which has a ticking seconds hand. Sometimes it will appear to tick normally, sometimes they will see the seconds hand tick back once before continuing to tick forward. That is the brain guessing how to order the information from different areas of the brain to create the experience of reality.

The brain also struggles to correctly sequence two events happening a short time apart. For example if your work place does a weekly fire alarm test sometimes you might have the odd experience of knowing the alarm was about to go off and startle you a fraction of a second before it actually does. With that the brain is putting startled before the sound of the alarm giving you the impression you are psychic. I have often wondered if deja-vu and precognition weren't actually temporal sequencing paradoxes with large time delays.

We have no conclusive proof that what we call the present is actually the present because we cannot get outside the system to test it. We are a part of the system instead. It raises the possibility that what we call the present actually occurred about four months ago, that for some reason (and I suspect its emotions driven) the brain started processing it ahead of time and gave us glimpses of what it was working on due to a temporal sequencing paradox. That gives us the impression we have psychic abilities by letting us see things ahead of the schedule when in fact that actually happened in the true present, something we dont normally experience as reality until four months later.

For those who really listen to what comes from their subconscious minds I think that information can indeed be acquired ahead of our experience of reality. Because our brains already know it due to the four month time lag.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nnicolette
5 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Temporal Sequencing Paradoxes

In popular culture humans are portrayed as only having five senses but science knows that we have between 14 and 20 depending on which ones you ask. Some examples of our other senses include how we can sense when we are dehydrated, when we go on a car journey we can sense the direction of acceleration, and of course women correlate their cycles based on the location of the moon. An article about our additional senses:

https://bigthink.com/philip-perry/think-you-have-only-5-senses-its-actually-a-lot-more-than-that

A lot of people without much psychology knowledge think that their experience of reality is both real and exists outside of themselves. Its like a sonar operator onboard a submarine thinking their display is actually reality when in fact its just a representation of what exists outside the sub. Humans are the same. Our senses feed electrical signals to our brains, a lot of different regions in the brain process that information, then it comes together and gets played out to our conscious minds as the experience of reality. What we experience as reality is our brains interpretation of what exists outside ourselves, and inside ourselves in terms of sensing when we are dehydrated.

That is a hugely challenging task for a brain to accomplish because there are timing errors between sensory information being received, processed by different areas of the brain, and then brought together into a coherent experience of reality. Those timing differences cause temporal sequencing paradoxes. In psychology a common experiment to show people the timing differences that occur in their own minds is to tell them to lets themselves be absorbed in their work. Then whenever they snap out of it look up at a clock on the wall which has a ticking seconds hand. Sometimes it will appear to tick normally, sometimes they will see the seconds hand tick back once before continuing to tick forward. That is the brain guessing how to order the information from different areas of the brain to create the experience of reality.

The brain also struggles to correctly sequence two events happening a short time apart. For example if your work place does a weekly fire alarm test sometimes you might have the odd experience of knowing the alarm was about to go off and startle you a fraction of a second before it actually does. With that the brain is putting startled before the sound of the alarm giving you the impression you are psychic. I have often wondered if deja-vu and precognition weren't actually temporal sequencing paradoxes with large time delays.

We have no conclusive proof that what we call the present is actually the present because we cannot get outside the system to test it. We are a part of the system instead. It raises the possibility that what we call the present actually occurred about four months ago, that for some reason (and I suspect its emotions driven) the brain started processing it ahead of time and gave us glimpses of what it was working on due to a temporal sequencing paradox. That gives us the impression we have psychic abilities by letting us see things ahead of the schedule when in fact that actually happened in the true present, something we dont normally experience as reality until four months later.

For those who really listen to what comes from their subconscious minds I think that information can indeed be acquired ahead of our experience of reality. Because our brains already know it due to the four month time lag.

Yes thank you for the insightful and informative post! I have read this and experimented with it before, including the tic back effect. While not remote viewing, this is a great explanation of the last post i added and intuition. I agree that this seems to be why it happens. It IS a tunable trait, like if you learn to recognise which thought is which. The first thought that hits your mind is always correct, its the one that follows that misleads and misdirects, when your conscience mind adds input. I feel like it is a very valuable tool recognising and relying on the correct one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.