Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Remote viewing

Nnicolette

7 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

You believe there are controlled studies?? Either there are or there aren't. Please share.

I do believe there are controlled studies showing positive results for the ability colloquially known as 'remote viewing' beyond reasonable doubtI hope that clarifies my position.

8 hours ago, stereologist said:

There was a guy showing up years back that was doing remote viewing. I read through his notes as he went through his "scientific process". He wrote down things like "man-made structures", "sounds", "blue", "power and energy", "people working", "silence and motion", etc.

Then he would go on and on about how the target was chosen after the RV crew did their viewing. He is viewing an unknown subject from an unknown time and then someone uses dice or something along those lines to choose an envelope and that envelope is opened and people see if they match the subject.

The subject: Sinking of the Titanic. Perfect hit.

• It's man-made
  • The impact of the iceberg makes sound
  • The ocean is blue
  • The engine has power and energy
  • People are working to save themselves
  • Lifeboats are full of silent people as they rock in the waves
  • etc.

The subject: The Apollo Moon launch. Perfect hit.

• It's man-made
  • The sound is the roar of the liftoff
  • The sky is blue
  • The engine has power as it lifts the astronauts into space
  • People are working the control room to monitor the liftoff
  • As they enter space there is silence as they move at thousands of miles per hour
  • etc.

The subject: Mardi Gras in NOLA. Perfect hit.

• It's man-made
  • The sounds of music fill the air
  • The great costumes with shimmering blue
  • The enthusiasm of the crowds is power and energy
  • People walking the parade route working the crowd
  • The bands take a short break yielding silence and motion as they prep for the next selection of music
  • etc.

It was always an accurate viewing for the person involved because their notes fit almost anything

Excellent (and very typical) examples.  This sounds a LOT like the stuff done by Dean Radin.  Sadly I note that a lot of his more embarrassing claims have now vanished from the Interweb - there was a powerpoint presentation of one of his 'lectures' online some years back that was absolutely hilarious.  I should have saved a copy - if anyone knows it's whereabouts, I'd be very grateful.  It was mostly about RV, and gave a lot of unintentionally very funny examples of subjective judgements rather like the ones above, and worse.....

• Like 3

On 3/30/2020 at 8:54 AM, Nnicolette said:

I just wanted to check and see how many of you do/do not believe in remote viewing, and why? Who has experience with it? Please share your input!

Also if so, have you ever tried to access restricted areas such as the pentagon, the white house, the vatican, the moon or mars and what happened?

I tried to have a look in the White House one time. I was blocked, but in those altered states of consciousness any fundamental thoughts about an action can be a block too. I doubt it has anything to do with psychic defenses. Most likely it was my own thought patterns that prevented me from going in. That place being so secure is engrained into everyone’s thoughts, it would be difficult to root it out.     

• 5 months later...
On 3/30/2020 at 6:14 PM, Desertrat56 said:

Years later I read about remote viewing and found I could tell who knew what they were talking about and who was creating disinformation.  I met the person I was supposed to replace in the unit about 15 years after and I am glad I refused.  I also met another person who was involved at the time I was in Germany about the same time.  They both walked up to me and told me stuff the first time we ever met.  They knew who I was.  Anyway I have not done much astral travel, which is essentially what it is with some scientific guidelines to insure accuracy and verifiable results.  If you are intersted in it just ignore any information you get from anyone who has written a book about the U.S.Army remote viewers.  It is all disinformation, but Russel Targ and Joseph McMoneagle are good resources.  I think Courtney Brown is questionable and Ed Dames is a liar.  David Moorehouse is probably the only military person I would trust.  You can tell who is telling the truth by how much they have lost to tell it.  Lt. Col John Alexander is crazy as far as I can tell, I thought so when I encountered him in the army, and he is a trickster that likes attention but gives very little real information.

Thanks for reading suggestions. I'd like to try remote viewing techinques.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 10:23 AM, Nnicolette said:

thank you for sharing! Very interesting! How is it that you became aware that you were identified as such?

First, the way the colonel acted when I refused to be his driver, the manipulations to get me to re-enlist, and what two people told me once we were all out of the army.  I mentioned them, I did not know them, and had not told anyone what went on when I was in Germany but they knew me and told me what had gone on. 

@Desertrat56

Are you interested in trying RV again? :st

1 hour ago, TrumanB said:

@Desertrat56

Are you interested in trying RV again? :st

I may.  Right now I am traveling so I don't have the mental space for it.  Maybe in 2 weeks.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 6:30 AM, stereologist said:

Wasn't an alien base on Mars mentioned in this thread? The claim was that there was an active mining operation on Mars using rather clumsy human methods such as hydraulic mining.

The base I saw was not mining anything.  Also, it was not a human base.  I don't think earth humans are on mars, and like I said before, I have no way to verify what I saw.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I may.  Right now I am traveling so I don't have the mental space for it.  Maybe in 2 weeks.

I'll contact you in 2 weeks. :)  Have a safe trip.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

The base I saw was not mining anything.  Also, it was not a human base.  I don't think earth humans are on mars, and like I said before, I have no way to verify what I saw.

Here is the report by Courtney Brown and the Farsight Institute.

https://farsight.org/demo/Mysteries/Mysteries_1/Farsight_Press_Courtney_Brown_Base_on_Mars_Article_Early_Research_CLEAN.pdf

The "spray" is an alluvial or aeolian fan. It's hardly anomalous as claimed in the article.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could I make a request to anyone who wants to try RV...?  Feel free to ignore these suggestions, but if you do, then the test won't count for much...

1. Make sure that the judgement of hits v. misses is as OBjective as possible.  If you have to twist or massage the words to make it 'hit', it's NOT a hit..

2. Make sure that the choices of subject are truly random and come from a wide range of possibilities, eg if it is an outdoor scene (or even just likely to be one), then the content will be from a quite small range of possibilities, thus increasing the chances of a hit.  Similarly, the 'viewer' should not know where the viewee is, or lives - eg if you knew they were travelling near the Grand Canyon, a guess of "hole in the ground' would be a fairly likely choice... :) 

I would suggest you post the rules here BEFORE you start the test so those of us with a knowledge of testing methodologies (and the traps for beginners) can help you not fall in... :D  

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 5

Well, I guess that viewer must know where the viewee is or otherwise won't be able to locate him.

18 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Could I make a request to anyone who wants to try RV...?  Feel free to ignore these suggestions, but if you do, then the test won't count for much...

1. Make sure that the judgement of hits v. misses is as OBjective as possible.  If you have to twist or massage the words to make it 'hit', it's NOT a hit..

2. Make sure that the choices of subject are truly random and come from a wide range of possibilities, eg if it is an outdoor scene (or even just likely to be one), then the content will be from a quite small range of possibilities, thus increasing the chances of a hit.  Similarly, the 'viewer' should not know where the viewee is, or lives - eg if you knew they were travelling near the Grand Canyon, a guess of "hole in the ground' would be a fairly likely choice... :) 

I would suggest you post the rules here BEFORE you start the test so those of us with a knowledge of testing methodologies (and the traps for beginners) can help you not fall in... :D  

Ive made this offer to many claimants on UM.

Yet to see a single taker......... :whistle:

8 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Well, I guess that viewer must know where the viewee is or otherwise won't be able to locate him.

Hmmm... interesting - I thought the claim was that the Viewee would somehow 'broadcast' the info, or be connected via their internet forum sharing, somehow..!

If their location is needed to be known, then my comments about allowing a choice from a very wide range of indoor and outdoor scenes or subjects, become much more important..

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Hmmm... interesting - I thought the claim was that the Viewee would somehow 'broadcast' the info, or be connected via their internet forum sharing, somehow..!

I don't think that anyone claims that it's possible. What someone can do, for example, is to give home address and stand on his/her head during viewing. If viewer is good he will see that viewee's feet is where head should be. lol

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

With something like google maps/earth, remote viewing (astral or psychic) is an epic waste of time, effort, energy, and thought.

Of course not. Think of people INSIDE facilities, caves or whatever. Would you like to know what Kim Jong-un is doing right now? Or Trump and Melania? :sk

Edited by TrumanB

9 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Of course not. Think of people INSIDE facilities, caves or whatever. Would you like to know what Kim Jong-un is doing right now?

It's a massive waste of time. All you do is have people imagine and guess. That is it. 

Just now, XenoFish said:

It's a massive waste of time. All you do is have people imagine and guess. That is it. 

You know, being sceptical doesn't always mean to be right. I can't wait for desertrat to read me. :)

1 minute ago, TrumanB said:

You know, being sceptical doesn't always mean to be right. I can't wait for desertrat to read me. :)

Good luck with that. I put people on here to the test before myself, every one of them failed. I've put other supposed psychic, astral projectors, and RV'ers to the test as well. Not a single success. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Good luck with that. I put people on here to the test before myself, every one of them failed. I've put other supposed psychic, astral projectors, and RV'ers to the test as well. Not a single success. 

The thing with me is that i have some personal experience with 'paranormal', it's not RV but it's enough to make me very curious although one part of me is sceptical and rational.

1 minute ago, TrumanB said:

The thing with me is that i have some personal experience with 'paranormal', it's not RV but it's enough to make me very curious although one part of me is sceptical and rational.

You think you're the only one with a paranormal experience, I've had way to many, but I decided to question them. That's the difference. I do not assume it was real or even legit. 

You see right now I could say that your computer desk is well worn. A few cigarette burns on it and deep scratches that happened from moving. I could also say that you might need to start going for long walks and you need new lenses in your glasses. However all of this is 50/50. I am either right or wrong. 

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

You see right now I could say that your computer desk is well worn. A few cigarette burns on it and deep scratches that happened from moving. I could also say that you might need to start going for long walks and you need new lenses in your glasses. However all of this is 50/50. I am either right or wrong. 

Nope. My experiences are different. :) And they can't be explained just like that. They are not related to any psychic, they are literally mine. I saw things that sciene can't explain.

Just now, TrumanB said:

Nope. My experiences are different. :) And they can't be explained just like that. They are not related to any psychic, they are literally mine. I saw things that sciene can't explain.

Whatever. Not that I actually care. Good luck with this soon to be a failure of an experiment. Though I suspect you'll alter the results to fit your own expectations. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Whatever. Not that I actually care. Good luck with this soon to be a failure of an experiment. Though I suspect you'll alter the results to fit your own expectations. 

Don't worry about that. I may do things like I mentioned before ( stand on my head ). It's not something that I can alter in my imagination. It's going to be a hit or a miss...

cheers,