Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Nnicolette

Remote viewing

106 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Cookie Monster
1 minute ago, Nnicolette said:

Yes thank you for the insightful and informative post! I have read this and experimented with it before, including the tic back effect. While not remote viewing, this is a great explanation of the last post i added and intuition. I agree that this seems to be why it happens. It IS a tunable trait, like if you learn to recognise which thought is which. The first thought that hits your mind is always correct, its the one that follows that misleads and misdirects, when your conscience mind adds input. I feel like it is a very valuable tool recognising and relying on the correct one.

Yes, when you let thoughts bubble up from the subconscious the very, very, first one is the correct one. I have experience of that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
16 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

Not to discount your intuition because i rely heavily on mine and bet you are probably right, but at the same time when I read your story i thought you are probably attractive, and that would explain peoples odd behaviors. I believe what you are saying, but i also feel like they may not have been completely aware of your abilities, they may have been staring at you and treating you special because you are a woman and they wanted your attention. Happens to me all the time lol.

With that being said I am very interested in your practices too. When i was younger i practiced sending dreams to friends. I wrote them on paper and did a wiccan spell. (Yes i was curious about wicca in junior high) the results were cut and dry, it %100 worked. The funny thing is i got lazy and sent 2 in the same vessel, and the next day my friend whom 1 was meant for described in complete detail both scenarios i wrote down. I never doubted the power of belief again. My x husband could communicate with me telepathically as well. It was super weird because i just get this random detailed out of place thought, and then he would proceed to say what i already heard, very often, and sometimes visa versa. I chalked that up to coincidence at first until i realized it included random obscure things that i never would have thought about on my own.

To be honest i completely relate with the training method i linked to because i already recognise that bit of intuition and information that pops up as such. Took me many times over the years ignoring it and wishing i hadnt to learn the power of intuition and how helpful it is to recognise that bit of blurry data when it appears. It is always the first thought, then the objective overlay comes second. 

I was not an attention getting beauty, I think I was a little scary because I was very literal minded, and straight forward.  In the 70's men still had not encountered any young women like that or not very often, only old women are done with the nonsense.  I was born done with the nonsense.  There were times when I did get unwanted attention but after a while that stopped because word got out that I was "crazy".  The only way they could explain why I would not be flattered by their attention.

I always knew there was more to us than we are supposed to acknowledge even when I was young.  My brother did not speak until he was 3 because he was so emotionally fragile and we lived in an angry household and he had me to speak for him most of the time.  When I was 12 I started experimenting with my cousins about an idea I had about telepathy being a natural part of being human that was "beat" or shamed out of us as we got older.  I kept logs of the experiments and found that the younger kids did have higher statistics of being correct with the "sending".  One cousin who is 3 years younger than I am never got one right.  I found out that the idea completely freaked her out.  I considered that negative data to be as useful as the rest.

I have had a lot of times that I knew something and ignored it, then regretted ignoring it later.  And I never udnerstood how someone could be lied to and not know it.  I still don't understand that, except maybe a person who is so damaged that they need desperately to believe what ever the other is lying to them about.

I was thinking this is off topic from remote viewing but it really may be linked. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
On 3/30/2020 at 12:13 PM, Nnicolette said:

That is interesting. According to the wiki they were not successful, but according to the later CIA release, they were. 

"The conferees agree to provide $2,000,000 for the STARGATE program as proposed by the Senate. The conferees support the continuation of DIA's specialized HUMINT initiative encompassed in the STARGATE program and, following lasts year's practice, are including R&D funding so that the program may pursue a long term research and operations plan without constant review and adjustment."  

Do you think this excerpt from the cia reading room signifies that the Senate also saw this as a successful and worthwhile investment?

Stargate was a bust. It did not provide what was needed - reliable information.

Notice that this project ran for a very long time. If there had been something to work with then it would still exist today. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
On 3/31/2020 at 10:54 AM, Nnicolette said:

Well, according to that document it was successful. Obviously you didnt read it... Or look at the examples on it and how well the subjects did. There is no point in arguing if you came to a conclusion before ever taking a peek at the facts.

Can you point out an example of success? About all I can recall is something vague about the location of a crashed plane in Africa in over a decade of testing.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist

There are plenty of claims of success with RV but they are rather poor where people have to twist things to make them fit.

My favorite RV example was given by someone that came to U-M years back and insisted that "rhythmic and melodic" was a good and accurate description of a tornado.

Those words are not in my list of adjectives to describe a tornado, but then again I don't believe RV works.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Assimilatedtohumanborg
On 3/30/2020 at 8:18 PM, Desertrat56 said:

Welcome to the forum.  :st

Thank You Dessertrat56 in Albuquerque New Mexicooooooo!! :D

animated-truck-image-0013.gif

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Assimilatedtohumanborg
On 3/30/2020 at 11:34 PM, OverSword said:

Ah yes.  I had forgotten about that

 

Try this here below!

because that what that woman´s talking about, is kid´s stuff! This here´s more like Remote Viewing, once you know how to use it.

How to Become an Animal Communicator with Joan Ranquet

 

Animal Communicator Tells All | Afternoon Express | 2 Feb 2016

What does an Animal Communicator do?

I´ve had once a contact... Verbal

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56

@Assimilatedtohumanborg  I find your theory interesting, however I don't think it is the same as remote viewing.  When I was 3 my mother brought home a standard poodle puppy.  We were the best of friends and I remember when she got old, about 14 she would wake me up in the middle of the night.  I would look at her and hear "water" at which point I would go look and the water bowl would be empty.  I would fill it up and go back to bed.  Sometimes she needed out, and then I would hear (in my head) "out" so I would let her out and wait for her to come back to the door.  Once I exclaimed "Why do you only wake me up for this."  I heard "you are the only one who listens".

I have met self proclaimed animal communicators that hang out at metaphysical bookstores and I am not impressed.  We all have abilities that we ignore.  We are constantly bombarded by  information and we all choose which information we are going to pay attention to.  We have to or we would be stark raving mad.  At a young age we are taught that we cannot know certain things and it is lies to keep us social and justify teaching us that we are 'lowly humans' instead of powerful beings.  Why do you think that fable about a WOMAN convincing her mate to eat from the tree of "knowledge" was made up and propogated?  2 things, we are always wrong, lowly stupid humans who need someone representing some deity to tell us how to think, and women are evil.  Who does that support?

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Oh boy......

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Assimilatedtohumanborg
4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

@Assimilatedtohumanborg  I find your theory interesting, however I don't think it is the same as remote viewing.  When I was 3 my mother brought home a standard poodle puppy.  We were the best of friends and I remember when she got old, about 14 she would wake me up in the middle of the night.  I would look at her and hear "water" at which point I would go look and the water bowl would be empty.  I would fill it up and go back to bed.  Sometimes she needed out, and then I would hear (in my head) "out" so I would let her out and wait for her to come back to the door.  Once I exclaimed "Why do you only wake me up for this."  I heard "you are the only one who listens".

I have met self proclaimed animal communicators that hang out at metaphysical bookstores and I am not impressed.  We all have abilities that we ignore.  We are constantly bombarded by  information and we all choose which information we are going to pay attention to.  We have to or we would be stark raving mad.  At a young age we are taught that we cannot know certain things and it is lies to keep us social and justify teaching us that we are 'lowly humans' instead of powerful beings.  Why do you think that fable about a WOMAN convincing her mate to eat from the tree of "knowledge"?  2 things, we are always wrong, lowly stupid humans who need someone representing some deity to tell us how to think, and women are evil.  Who does that support?

Women aren´t Evil neighter are Men or they are.

 

Back to Remote viewing.

You know these Astro TV show´s where you may call in to let yourself being told your Future right?

To believe in that is a so/so thing! If you get on That specific person who really know´s her Matter, then you´ll be successful and at times here in Germany, well i don´t watch that anymore so often anymore except when there are those women there who know their stuff in AC or card readings. Some of them women are so good in their matter, that they don´t even need to look at the card´s anymore.

 

So one time I watched it again and then came there that one woman which know´s Animal Communication very well but that´s not all because what she also´s able to do is RV Remote Viewing eighter through the eyes of a lost pet running around some where out there for days, week´s etc., (If she get´s the permission from her owner to do so, because some Pet´s are like little children who like to talk about everything when they´re not supposed to"!) or through the eyes of the owner her/himself.

Then people called in to ask her for eighter a card reading, or to ask about their Pet OR about Lost things. So interestingly, before she starts´s to tell that caller where she´d left or lost her key´s in her Living room, I automatically tune into that Astro Reading woman´s energy and i could see in deed what seconds later she was telling that caller, where those key´s she´d misplaced were at. She explained the Living room settings but stayed specific, how it looks like, where those key´s are, right at that shelve next to those (specific) Book´s name´s to find them even more easily etc.

Then that caller say´s that she´d already looked for them there a few times and that Astro woman said, no, no,!, Now go there again, look at exactly that one location, giving some more details about Furniture etc., until she´d found it. So to my eye´s I´d say that That´s nothing more then Remote Viewing that she did!

 

There´s another Meditation Video but in the German language,

MEDITATION: Verbinde dich von unterwegs aus mit deinem Tier (Podcast #07)

where that Animal Communicator´s doing that talking and when ever i do what she´s saying there step by step, I merge with her Energy at once and guess what, in that Meditation there´s a Black Horse picture while that clip´s running and since i don´t have a pet except for those Morgellon´s inside of me, i concentrated so much onto that Horse´s Eyes´s that i suddenly saw Pictures of where that Horse´s been during that session! I did that Meditation at around 10:00 pm where it´s already dark outside but i saw image´s through that horse´s eye´s on a location with a large, how do you say that, a Paddock during the Day time!! :o And i saw the grass being cut really low at a hight of a Horse´s hight and behind the Fence in the distance were Tree´s, Needle Tree´s and light Blue in the distance colored high Mountain´s, nothing like we´d have here in Germany and it was there Daytime around Noon Time while it was Night time here in Germany!!

Then i´ve talked to that Horse just for fun, i didn´t expect to get an answer because somehow i don´t always´s hear them but they hear me. I said,... "mmmmh delicious, this Hay"! Then i´ve heard a reply! "Oh yes in deed"! :blink:  I didn´t see any Horse because I was looking through the eye´s of that Horse, as if I´d been at that time That Horse! And that´s what animal communication´s all about! You or one merge´s with that, like that horse or a human being to see thing´s at another location. The same may work when you live in a Ghost House and you have about something a question, keep on thinking about that question until a Ghost image will appear near or next to you. In general, you may fall asleep while waiting for that appearance but when that Ghost is present, it Will make You wake up, .... and you will see your answer what you´ve asked for. :ph34r:

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
On 4/1/2020 at 12:54 AM, Nnicolette said:

Well, according to that document it was successful. Obviously you didnt read it... Or look at the examples on it and how well the subjects did. There is no point in arguing if you came to a conclusion before ever taking a peek at the facts.

No it's an idea for an instruction manual on BS. Where are you getting that it was a report or that it says experiments were shown to provide conclusive evidence?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nnicolette
15 hours ago, stereologist said:

Can you point out an example of success? About all I can recall is something vague about the location of a crashed plane in Africa in over a decade of testing.

 

Well do you not call the drawings people made that match the correlating pictures which the subjects couldnt physically see successful? What else do you want? They were impressively accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nnicolette
On 3/31/2020 at 8:45 AM, Desertrat56 said:

I was not an attention getting beauty, I think I was a little scary because I was very literal minded, and straight forward.  In the 70's men still had not encountered any young women like that or not very often, only old women are done with the nonsense.  I was born done with the nonsense.  There were times when I did get unwanted attention but after a while that stopped because word got out that I was "crazy".  The only way they could explain why I would not be flattered by their attention.

I always knew there was more to us than we are supposed to acknowledge even when I was young.  My brother did not speak until he was 3 because he was so emotionally fragile and we lived in an angry household and he had me to speak for him most of the time.  When I was 12 I started experimenting with my cousins about an idea I had about telepathy being a natural part of being human that was "beat" or shamed out of us as we got older.  I kept logs of the experiments and found that the younger kids did have higher statistics of being correct with the "sending".  One cousin who is 3 years younger than I am never got one right.  I found out that the idea completely freaked her out.  I considered that negative data to be as useful as the rest.

I have had a lot of times that I knew something and ignored it, then regretted ignoring it later.  And I never udnerstood how someone could be lied to and not know it.  I still don't understand that, except maybe a person who is so damaged that they need desperately to believe what ever the other is lying to them about.

I was thinking this is off topic from remote viewing but it really may be linked. 

 

I believe it is very related. I relate the intuition you are using because the article linked to shows what was deemed the most successful training method. The illustrations and descriptions clearly show exactly what happens when you use that type of intuition. I think that art of identifying the correct piece of info is something that comes naturally to people who are aware of this ability, telepathy included. It seems that they are part of the same subconscious function. I dont expect anyone that doesn't utilize this or know how to listen to the outside thoughts to understand, but the chart demonstrating the initial spike of information followed by the objective overlay seems to relate to all these things. You aren't crazy at all, Ive clearly heard thoughts and animals and information at times too its just not something you generally can tell people and have them understand. I feel like maybe we all have these abilities, and as demonstrated in the results of this experiment some people are just better at recognizing the point of inception. It took like half my life to realize where the bit of fact pops in versus where the conscious mind catches up and second-guesses it. 

The sleeping and waking up with answers i see as a function of your brain as well, not related to ghosts. I knew someone who would always go straight to sleep when they wanted to know something. To "confer with god" who knows what was going on but he was really good at knowing the most obscure details of anything he wanted that way.

 

I attribute all of these abilities to something inherent in our minds that's not being recognised by everyone. It is interesting how it is discernable by acting so much faster than the conscious thoughts which seem to add on afterwards,  but of course to anyone not in tune with that intuitive initial splash of information which the graph accurately depicts, the process and accuracy of the claims by the cia that this is a predictably consistent process would be lost.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emma_Acid
On 3/30/2020 at 5:26 PM, papageorge1 said:

I do believe in remote viewing. In addition to anecdotal claims, I believe there are controlled studies with gifted subjects showing fantastic odds against chance that something not explainable in our current scientific understanding is indeed occurring.

You believe there are controlled studies?? Either there are or there aren't. Please share.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Yep, and I'm using my super psychic powers to manifest quarters and other small change when I go out. :lol:

A 1000 tries and 1 success always means it's real. :lol:

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs

Disappointed but not at all surprised to see that ludicrous CIA report being bandied around again..

It is NOT a peer reviewed scientific paper, and the words "..Suggestions For.." in the title might give you a clue.

Plus the (woefully described) 'best examples' are very few, and very unconvincing.  They are of course, the author's cherry picked examples, without supporting documentation or objective criteria or methodology, let alone a full count of ALL data that was collected.  Random chance guarantees a few hits and of course subjective judgements will help that no end.. Frankly, given the money they spent on gathering data, I think that few, and that dismal, examples is an indictment of these 'remote viewer's abilities.

Rather like our resident predictor, they are clearly ANTI remote viewing, getting far more wrong than even vaguely right.   

Finally, you guys promoting this bunkum are aware that the CIA and other US agencies, back in the ignorant 50's thru 90's, spent huge amounts of money on entirely speculative tinfoilhattery?  It sounds like you don't get it - the folks who wrote that report were after their share of the cash.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
3 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

Well do you not call the drawings people made that match the correlating pictures which the subjects couldnt physically see successful? What else do you want? They were impressively accurate.

Specifically, how many pictures were collected in total, Nnicolette?

What, exactly was the initial criteria, and what was the methodology (specifically, to eliminate subjectivity or cheating)?

Do you not understand cherry-picking, and how real data should be collected and ALL fully verified, tabulated and analysed?

To make it worse, they were mostly reviewing scenes.   Think about it - geez, how many different shapes or descriptive words would you be able to list that applies to the sort of scenarios being presented, and how often do you reckon matches would happen by random chance?

 

Seriously, that report is worthless garbage.  What else do we want - a properly peer reviewed study that shows a genuine effect.  Let me tell you, as someone well-versed in the topic - THERE ISN'T ONE.

1. Guess why that is.

2. By all means (offer open to all) please feel absolutely free to cite such a properly peer reviewed study, and make a fool of me.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emma_Acid
14 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Disappointed but not at all surprised to see that ludicrous CIA report being bandied around again..

It is NOT a peer reviewed scientific paper, and the words "..Suggestions For.." in the title might give you a clue.

Plus the (woefully described) 'best examples' are very few, and very unconvincing.  They are of course, the author's cherry picked examples, without supporting documentation or objective criteria or methodology, let alone a full count of ALL data that was collected.  Random chance guarantees a few hits and of course subjective judgements will help that no end.. Frankly, given the money they spent on gathering data, I think that few, and that dismal, examples is an indictment of these 'remote viewer's abilities.

Rather like our resident predictor, they are clearly ANTI remote viewing, getting far more wrong than even vaguely right.   

Finally, you guys promoting this bunkum are aware that the CIA and other US agencies, back in the ignorant 50's thru 90's, spent huge amounts of money on entirely speculative tinfoilhattery?  It sounds like you don't get it - the folks who wrote that report were after their share of the cash.

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the PDF @Nnicolette attached was not prepared by the CIA but by a third party intent on selling the CIA their services, which would render their methodology highly suspect. Additionally it wasn't intended to prove that RV was real, only suggestion a possible training procedure. In that respect, sure, its a success, but actually has nothing to do with whether or not RV is real.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

The whole psychic research in the US and Russian was basically just a BS contest. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
32 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong

There's absolutely no need for me to do that - as always you are 100% correct.  :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emma_Acid
Just now, ChrLzs said:

There's absolutely no need for me to do that - as always you are 100% correct.  :D 

Thank you but demonstrably untrue, I thought it was Saturday when I woke up this morning :lol:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
4 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

Well do you not call the drawings people made that match the correlating pictures which the subjects couldnt physically see successful? What else do you want? They were impressively accurate.

I don't recall any impressively accurate drawings. An example could be useful.

Drawings I recall are:

  • The letter 'A' which matched features at all sites in a TV show
  • A drawing claimed to be a space ship which could have matched a shopping mall, a box, a ship, an airplane, a crosswalk, etc.

As I suggest I've seen some but none were more than scribbles.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist

Wasn't an alien base on Mars mentioned in this thread? The claim was that there was an active mining operation on Mars using rather clumsy human methods such as hydraulic mining. The orbiters show nothing happening. The base was imagination run rampant.

Let's consider another remote viewing project. The mother ship following Hale-Bopp comet. There was the darling of RV, Courtney Brown. He comes from Emory University and I cannot remember how often he was touted in appeals to authority. e is a professor and he does RV and he and his team did a successful RV on the alien spaceship following comet Hale-Bopp.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Cultists-Saw-Hale-Bopp-as-a-Heavenly-Sign-It-2848671.php

Quote

Courtney Brown, a tenured professor of political science at Emory University in Atlanta, and the author of the book "Cosmic Voyage," was a frequent guest on Bell's show.

According to tapes of those broadcasts, Brown claimed to be in contact with trained psychics who used "remote viewing" to spot a huge alien ship following the Hale- Bopp comet.

"The purpose is galactic evolution," Brown said. "It is not an invasion. ET's (extra-terrestrial beings) have been flying under our noses for decades. The time must come now for our awakening."

Not clear if there is a connection, but not long after that there was a mass suicide of 39 people. 

Quote

It was not clear exactly what impact the Shramek photo and Brown's theories may have had on the sect and its leader.

Was the sham of doing RV on a nonexistent spaceship partly responsible for the deaths of people in Rancho Sante Fe on March 22, 1997 to the 26th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven's_Gate_(religious_group)

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist

There was a guy showing up years back that was doing remote viewing. I read through his notes as he went through his "scientific process". He wrote down things like "man-made structures", "sounds", "blue", "power and energy", "people working", "silence and motion", etc.

Then he would go on and on about how the target was chosen after the RV crew did their viewing. He is viewing an unknown subject from an unknown time and then someone uses dice or something along those lines to choose an envelope and that envelope is opened and people see if they match the subject.

The subject: Sinking of the Titanic. Perfect hit.

  • It's man-made
  • The impact of the iceberg makes sound
  • The ocean is blue
  • The engine has power and energy
  • People are working to save themselves
  • Lifeboats are full of silent people as they rock in the waves
  • etc.

The subject: The Apollo Moon launch. Perfect hit.

  • It's man-made
  • The sound is the roar of the liftoff
  • The sky is blue
  • The engine has power as it lifts the astronauts into space
  • People are working the control room to monitor the liftoff
  • As they enter space there is silence as they move at thousands of miles per hour
  • etc.

The subject: Mardi Gras in NOLA. Perfect hit.

  • It's man-made
  • The sounds of music fill the air
  • The great costumes with shimmering blue
  • The enthusiasm of the crowds is power and energy
  • People walking the parade route working the crowd
  • The bands take a short break yielding silence and motion as they prep for the next selection of music
  • etc.

It was always an accurate viewing for the person involved because their notes fit almost anything

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on remote viewers. Because I can use Google Earth too.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.